TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 12/14 Impact Thread

Preview:

tpfallout.gif

COMPLETE PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Witness the aftermath of the “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View

This Thursday night at 9pm ET on SpikeTV, the wrestling world will witness the aftermath of the “Turning Point” – the following is a preview of the huge broadcast!

KURT ANGLE SAYS IT’S NOT OVER!

Following his loss to Samoa Joe at the Pay-Per-View, Kurt Angle has been enraged! According to several TNA stars, the Olympic gold medalist is claiming he is coming to “IMPACT!” this Thursday night to get Joe to give him what the fans want – one more match – and he won’t leave until he gets it! How will Samoa Joe react to the situation this Thursday night? Is the war over – or is it just beginning? Tune in and find out!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ABYSS vs. THE TRUTH

Fresh off his win at “Turning Point”, NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Monster” Abyss will be in action against another former World Champion in Ron “The Truth” Killings in a non-title match! Just days after Abyss went to hell and back against Sting and Christian Cage, can The Truth capitalize and earn the victory? Or, will James Mitchell’s monster continue his path of destruction?

In addition, speaking of Abyss – TNAwrestling.com has learned that Christian Cage and Tomko will be in attendance this Thursday night on SpikeTV with something to say to the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Will it have something to do with the connection between Abyss and Tomko? Is Cage vying to get the next World Title shot? Tune in and find out!

Also this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET -

X CHAMPION CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. PETEY WILLIAMS

Two of the X Division’s kingpins will be in action in a non-title match on Thursday’s “iMPACT!” as titleholder “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will take on Canada’s own Petey Williams! The questions is, will Chris Sabin be watching? What about the confrontation between Daniels and Jerry Lynn on Sunday? Will the X Division pioneer be watching as well?

PPV REMATCH: LATIN AMERICAN EXCHANGE vs. AMERICA’S MOST WANTED – WITH SOME MAJOR STIPULATIONS!

TNAwrestling.com has learned that TNA management director Jim Cornette is planning a rematch between NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin American Exchange and America’s Most Wanted for this Thursday night, with some major stipulations to be announced on the broadcast! What does Cornette have planned? Plus, will Chris Harris give James Storm the apology his partner demanded on Sunday night? What is Chris Harris’ condition after the event? Tune in and find out!

Plus, TNAwrestling.com has learned that Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks have an offer to make to Eric Young during the broadcast! In addition, there will news on TNA’s upcoming January Pay-Per-View “Final Resolution”.

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON “IMPACT!” – WITNESS THE FALLOUT FROM TURNING POINT!

Discuss:

This looks like a decent line-up. Of course, the matches will probably be all 2 minutes long, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much. But if they formatted this show like they did the ones when they were streaming them online, with 4 five or six minutes going to each match and the main going 10, I'd be very happy.

Tenay in no Joey Styles, Don Callis, or Joel Gertner but is doing a nice job of calling the match at least he isn't going on and on about Sting like "OMG STING IS IN THE RAFTERS! WHAT IS HE THINKING! I JUST WORD THAT KEVIN NASH'S LIMO JUST ARRIVED!" good job focusing on what was going on in the ring. Ron Killings did look good in that match hit some sweet spots like the enzuergi and the tope to the outside.

Apparently Kurt Angle is channeling the spirit of Sid by taking over the show going on his personal path of roid rage attacking everybody no matter what.

The comedy is all good and fun but all of them will still get squashed whenever they have a match...

Jim Cornette SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BASEBALL!

The only missing from Impact is a 1-800-COLLECT commercial with Kurt coming out of nowhere to do his submission on Borash or West or whoever is shrilling the merchandise!

Cornette: That's a WOMAN!

Angle: I want my rematch!

SoCalVal: ...My name is Val...

SoCalVal: ...My name is Val...

Are you sure that wasn't Christy Hemme?

Wow, that was one helluva show this week. They obviously did a little too much, as Russo is prone to do, but everything was firing on all cylinders.

You know what I like about this whole Abyss/Sting story.

Everyone was complaining with how the first match was initially made, with that whole Reverse Battle Royal/Battle Royal/Modified Tournament format.

And it's led to an interesting (by wrestling standards) story.

Guest samoapunk

Awesome show, I still want 2 hours of Impact though.

BTW, LAX are amazing. The best tag-team of today, no doubt.

Sting/Abyss/Mitchell reeks of the type of storyline you find in Christian/Catholic Wrestling Federations across the country. Add Sting and Russo are born again and Mitchell is the devil here...

I'd say it was if Sting actually gave a damn about Abyss. It really comes off more like Sting knows the way to get to Abyss is through confusion. Why else would he walk off with his belt and prevent him from laying out Mitchell?

To me it seems like Sting is trying to get an edge and he has found it.

I thought this was a pretty decent show. The angles were all pretty solid and actually given a second or too to sink in, for once. My only major beef is that the Storm turn seemed like a big enough deal to close the show, but didn't. Going to commercial and coming back for the Christian promo was a mistake I think. The Storm turn almost immediatiely made me think of HBK putting Jannetty through the barber shop window, and next thing I know, they're at a commercial. I wonder how long it'll be before Gail Kim turns on Harris too, though. The Angle stuff was pretty intense, and established him a bit as heel, but I hope they hold on the third match for awhile. The Angle/Joe series really should have headlined shows outside Orlando, when they could have drawn a paid gate.

Christian/Abyss just reeks of WWE-style booking though, I mean the entire "OMG a secret from the past" storyline? Come oooooooon, this isn't Kane.

The funny part of the PCS skit was some of the guys not knowing Backlund or questioning Backlund and Nash said "Hey, I beat him for the world title!" It sounds like Nash's usual hyperbole on the surface (like his comment on Lynn at the PPV of "I broke that kid in, Mexico City '61"), but then I remembered that Nash DID beat Bob Backlund for the WWF title in late 1994.

Wasn't it in like 7 seconds? Went straight to the kick in the gut, powerbomb, pin in like a house show or something.

Yeah, the PCS skit was hilarious. I thought Sonjay's ass in Lethal's face was a bit much (or however it was) but the double take when Nash told them to do it to Senshi and Senshi's (lack of) expression made the skit. That and Nash putting the "I'm on steroids" sign on Dutt's back.

The thing is, it doesn't look like Nash is really trying to put himself over the whole division. I mean, he's playing ringleader and all, but it looks more like Nash just sets the scene, lets the guys do what they want, and just kind of steers it to an ending. It reminds me of a bunch of drunk friends with a video camera.

I think Nash is mainly just enjoying himself. Right now he's getting paid to goof around and film skits with some buddies, and do some occasional commentary. I think it's mostly stuff they are just doing on the spot, it doesn't seem overly scripted.