TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Good TNA Ratings News

You know, that is good news. A .2 increase following a PPV and it was a solid impact. Hopefully it can hold up in that range or show steady increase.

I still believe they need more promotion other than word of mouth though.

Time to see if they can keep it up.

That's the key to whether this is a momentary rise or something long term. If the rating goes back down next week, then the .2 bump could be down to the baseball angle or coming right after the PPV. In which case, it's not something to really shout about. Now, if it stays at 1.2 for a month or so, then you can celebrate.

Impact had the near perfect combination of wrestling and storyline with Kurt Angle doing the Psycho Sid/Scott Steiner roid rage search for Joe and the matches were not glorified squashes. Nearly each match was somewhat competitive and having the announcers focus on the match instead of shrilling the cliche limo arrival or main event helped alot to establish the wrestlers characters. All TNA needs to do is to forget about baseball or whatever d-list celeb they want to put on the next PPV and keep the National Lampoon/American Pie campy comedy to a minimum! Which makes me wander if any of the X-Division guys will actually get over or will it simply be Kevin Nash looking good during the skits. Will Alex Shelley, Austin Star, Jay Lethal, Senshi, Sonjay amount to anything in future PPVs or are just props for Kevin Nash's twisted humor?

Personally I'm not a fan of the brand, however TNA establishing itself as a sontrong alternative is great for the business. WWE is so damn stale right now and they don't seem to give a damn. It's also great for the talent as they have options now and don't have to kiss the ring(or the ass) of Vince McMahon and Princess Stephanie.

If I had a Neilson box I'd turn the television to TNA even if I had no plans on watching it.

It's also great for the talent as they have options now and don't have to kiss the ring(or the ass) of Vince McMahon and Princess Stephanie.

If I had a Neilson box I'd turn the television to TNA even if I had no plans on watching it.

You say that like Mr. McMahon does not own the company,