TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Time's Person of the Year

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

My avatar guy should be Person of the Year. He's conveying the shock, joy, anger, and confusion that so many Americans have felt in 2006.

Oh wait. HE IS PERSON OF THE YEAR. HELLS YEAH

Who is Time's Person of the Year?

You voted for "you," referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is "you."

Time's Person of the Year plays for this baseball team I just bought.

Clearly they saw the epic rise and fall of WP and realized that he must be Time's Person of the Year.

No one man or woman or it has had such an impact.

Clearly, next year's winner will be "Stuff and things". We cannot allow that to happen.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Clearly, next year's winner will be "Stuff and things". We cannot allow that to happen.

"The General Existence of Matter"

This inanimate carbon rod!

Glad to see that by stalking my ex and looking up stupid shit on youtube has made me person of the year. If Time had any competence or balls left Ahmadinejad would have been person of the year.

Thank you my fellow Americans. On behalf of... ALL of us... I accept this award. I would like to remind YOU ALL that none of this would have been possible without ME in the equation of ALL OF US! So thanks to me and anyone who thanks me. We are far too kind.

I hate to say it, but I agree that Ahmadenijad should have been it...or maybe Kim Jong Il, since he was able to test fire six missiles and conduct a nuclear test, and have the US not do anything about it.

Czech beat me to the Simpsons reference (which is odd since he called me out on making a "cliche overused refernece" when I made a Simpsons quote about something in the summer).

Anyway, I don't know why people are acting like this is the craziest thing ever and a clear sign the title should be retired. The American soldier (known as 'fighting man' back in the day) was MOTY in 1950, long before 2003. This is more or less the computer's second Man of the Year announcement, 26 years after being called such in 1980.

However, this is funny: "The hardcover version has a reflective Mylar surface in place of the computer screen, meant to reflect the reader's face"

Wait, are you shitting me? The American People are the Person of the Year?

Contrary to popular belief, other humans exist outside the North American Continent.

I wonder if other winners of this award have been so unspeakably dumb in their receptions of it.

Do you feel honored about this award, Pat Spoon.

Contrary to popular belief, other humans exist outside the North American Continent.

OMG SOURCE PLZ

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I dunno Czech, got a pithy response meant to undermine the original intent ready?

Why did you mention me? Sensei John Kreese asked you the question!

This was a misunderstanding on my part. I'm sorry. I should've checked that it really was you, and not just Americans.

Everyone's blending together these days. The room... it's spinning....

FUCK ITS HAPPENING TO ME TOO

EDIT MIT SERIOUS ANSWER: You're right, using proper names isn't your style.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Ben Franklin was essentially loading his persona into the MySpace of the 18th century, Poor Richard's Almanack.

Currently Listening To: 1776 OST "But, Mr. Adams"

Mood: Democratic! usaflaggrin.gif

Next year's winner should be Space.

Space: Thanks for housing EVERYTHING.

I just noticed time pussied out when naming a person of the century. The went with Einstien. I think they should have gone with Stalin. He made backwards Russia into a global super power that dominated half of Europe. Hitler also would have been a stong candidate.