TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread 12/18/2006

Ok...so for some reason, after less then 10 minutes....I don't really hate Dykstra anymore. In fact, it's kind of Unique. (Not necassarily bad)

I do hate the fact they aren't using Doane though. (Although that would only worked if they started calling him Ken) But meh, after digesting it..I can take it.

Just checking in but I must say I marked out for Lance Cade making it to the Final 4. I love how WWE keeps the tradition of having one shlub make it to the final 4 in most Battle Royals or Royal Rumbles.

yeah..I cant believe Edge/Cena is NOW

maybe it'll go a while..ha.

Wouldn't surprise me to see it go 20 with a Victoria/Mickie segment, another comedy skit probably with Cryme Tyme, a promo for Iraq and then the Federline segment to close.

If WWE thinks K-Fed can bring in new fans, you'd think they would have advertised K-Fed on Raw beforhand?

K-Fed should be EXPECTED. Who do you think he is, Hulk Hogan? You don't have to PROMOTE K-Fed. The mere thought of his presence sends the crotches of the people into a rabid foam.

A little late, but was that Johnny Jeter in the battle royal earlier?

No, that was Johnny Jeffrey Jordan, from Chicago.

No that was Johnny Cents.

Johnny Froman, the SAUSAGE KING of World Wrestling Entertainment. Smell the DX skits.

No Kenny Dean is the Sausage king.

If WWE thinks K-Fed can bring in new fans, you'd think they would have advertised K-Fed on Raw beforhand?

The idea is that Federline will probably attract media attention with what he says as I'm thinking he'll address his ex-wife or even just show a preview of the video. That'll sell for 1/1 where they are expecting a mega rating.

there's no way you can say Cena is over. He doesn't get 1/4 of the reaction Austin or The Rock got. And you can't say he isnt expected to, because he IS the most pushed guy on the roster.

And a good "lets go Cena" "lets go Edge" battle going on. I love it.

there's no way you can say Cena is over. He doesn't get 1/4 of the reaction Austin or The Rock got. And you can't say he isnt expected to, because he IS the most pushed guy on the roster.

Yea, but the expected reaction then, is completely different from the expected reaction now. (It used to be a lot bigger)

Just go back and look at a 2001 show, the crowd obviously even looks different (Bigger/More signs/More fired up in general, etc.)

So there's no denying Cena is over....in some towns.

Cena IS over. You can't compare Cena with Rock, Hogan and Austin. That's like comparing Will Smith to Pacino, De Niro and Brando. Cena sells the most. Draws the most. He brings in the biggest ratings. Select cities dis-like him, Shawn went through this during his peak popularity in 1996. Unlike with Shawn, WWE makes money with Cena.

is Cena proud that the only chants and cheers he gets is from little kids or girls? Do you think he thinks "one day, i'd like an adult to cheer for me"?

Those kids and girls are making him millions. Shawn couldn't get anything else except the girls and little kids, either. Any reaction is better then no reaction.

Kids will cheer for whoever you tell them to. I know, i was one once.

It doesn't matter. Kids are the ones making the money for the company. They force parents to buy the shows, the merch and such. Any champion that makes money by any measure and generates the best ratings in the company is over. Overness isn't based just on the pops.

Listen to this crowd, Cena makes them give a shit in some manner or another. That's the sign of a guy who is over.

This might be the best straight match these two have had. It should be, after 11 1/2 months of wrestling each other.

Edge is over. Not Cena.

You're clueless. You don't draw the biggest ratings, sell the biggest merch totals, generate the loudest reactions except in northeast and hardcore cities where other former players in Cena's place struggle if you're not over.

Edge is also over. Overness isn't limited to one person. Pops don't determine your overness. Undertaker gets big pops but he isn't a draw and you couldn't put a promotion behind him. You can do this with Cena.

did they REALLY need 3 hours?? Because they could have just ended the show right here.

Three hours was USA's call with XMas getting a likely low rating, they wanted to get a bigger show here to officially close the year off.

being cheered by kids is not a sign of ability. Don't call me clueless, like you're the all knowing wrestling guru, they could put a charisma lacking monkey in there like yourself and the kids will still cheer him if he has a shit load of merchandise and a spinner belt.