TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Wendy's Jalapeno Cheddar Double Melt

I've been wanting to try this one for a while. After work tonight, I picked up the 1/2 pound version- a combo, actually, with chili instead of fries. It wasn't quite as good as I expected, mainly due to the cheese, but overall it was decent and made me, someone who has a high tolerance for spiciness, break a little sweat. They fucking pile on the jalapenos. Only thing is, between that and the chili, my stomach and asshole now hate me.

Thoughts from anyone else who has tried it?

I had wanted to try this and was as excited as one could get for a cheesburger.

Now, not so much.

Didn't Carls Jr. have something similar. I remember a commercial with a bunch of dudes sitting around sweating as they ate their burgers, and then they ran out of soda...!?!

I just woke up after 4 hours and had to spend a half hour in the bathroom. I had shat 3 times already before bed. AHHHH MY ASS.

Dude, you are disgusting.

I just woke up after 4 hours and had to spend a half hour in the bathroom. I had shat 3 times already before bed. AHHHH MY ASS.

Dude, you are disgusting.

That usually happens when they put regular jalapeño slices on instead of pickled.

I tried this also, and found that the cheese sauce ruined the meal. The cheese sauce is like a powder, and they just mix it with water. I guess thats why it tastes so funky.

I agree on the Texas Double from BK as well. That is one good burger.

I tried this also, and found that the cheese sauce ruined the meal. The cheese sauce is like a powder, and they just mix it with water. I guess thats why it tastes so funky.

I agree on the Texas Double from BK as well. That is one good burger.

Nothing is good from BK.

And yes, the sauce is just made with water and powder, like most other sauces/mixes that Wendy's carried.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder
The cheese sauce they use for this is awful. It's not that spicy either.

Hardees jalapeno burger is much better

THAT thing is a motherfucker of a cheeseburger.

I still haven't tried Wendy's', but the Texas Double Whopper was pretty damn tasty last night. The focus on mustard over ketchup (it still had mayo though) was an interesting change. It was that spice but had a good enough kick. Unfortunately, like all whoppers, it was fuckin messy as shit and I hate that.

2 hours later I had a microwave reheated double stacker and that was pretty good too. I don't remember where i learned you could microwave old fast food burgers but it works suprising well. Well as well as expected.