TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Due to Mole's recommendation, I preordered it on Amazon yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading it right away too, I waited on HBP and this jack-ass I knew spoiled the ending right after I had just said I hadn't reat it yet. I almost killed him.

I just hope Amazon is telling me the truth about it coming on the 21st. I'll be REALLY PISSED OFF if I don't get it then.

I'll be annoyed if it's late, but it'll only be if I come across a spoiler in the time where I would have finished reading it that would cause me great amounts of anger and violent rage.

I'm optimistic though, Amazon seems like a credible source :).

If I get spoiled before reading the book I'M GOING TO BE SO FUCKIN PISSED.

And if ANYONE spoils the book here, they are gone.

I can't WAIT for a spoiler. I really want to do that thing that that guy did before the 6th book came out and he yelled out the spoiler to everyone before they got the book. Awesome. If anyone has a link or ANY information on a spoiler, please let me know. I won't post it here. Hand to god.

I'm just staying away from the internet from a few days before it's released until after I've finished reading.

My girlfriend works at Wal-Mart. They have this whole big event planned for the nite of the 20th. Every employee has to take a 'Harry Potter Pledge' swearing their loyalty to the world of Potter and vowing to not share any details of the book or let anyone see a copy of the book before they go on sale at midnite on the 20th/21st. Myself, I'm not planning on going to Barnes and Noble or Wal-Mart or one of the other big stores that are having a ridiculous supermegaultraevent. I'm going to do what I've done the last 3 years-go to the Kroger a couple miles down the road at 11:58, talk to the 40 year old man dressed up like a wizard, get a piece of cake from the 40 year old man dressed up like a wizard, buy the book at midnite, go home and spend hours reading it.

My sister writes for the newspaper a few towns over from me. She was telling me today that she works with this guy...like a 30 or 35 year old dude. He was scheduled to cover some event for the paper on the weekend of the 21st, but he spent all day today going around trying to get somebody to cover for him; he kept telling people that he had a 'project' he had to finish over the weekend. The editor couldn't find anybody to cover for him, so he was telling the guy that he was going to have to come in. The editor was asking him what kind of 'project' he had to do. The guy kept just talking about how he had to do some 'project' and he didn't wanna talk about it. Everybody kept questioning him about it and finally he got all pissed off and like...started slapping himself in the face and yelled 'I HAVE TO READ HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' and stormed out of the office. I'm not that nuts, but I did finish all of my work for next weekend and have cleared my schedule so I can read it.

We all had to sign a paper today stating that we won't open any copies of the book and we have to keep them in closed cartons until "The Reveal" Friday at midnight. I've already had a few people ask if they can camp out in front of our store, but we're discouraging that. Everyone who has a copy reserved can come in Friday at 9am to get a wristband, and then we'll have people line up by wristband color that night, after all our games and raffles and shit. We're expecting 2000-2500 people that first night.

It's released at 9am Saturday over here to coincide with midnight in London or NYC or something. I'm supposed to drive 2 hours for a wheelchair rugby training camp for the weekend and be there at 9:30. I'm going to pick up my book before I leave, and try and get my girlfriend to drive so I can spend the trip reading.

We have spoiler tags for a reason, Mole.

I agree, intentional spoiling without the tags should be immediately punishment.

But we have spoiler tags for a reason.

We have spoiler tags for a reason, Mole.

I agree, intentional spoiling without the tags should be immediately punishment.

But we have spoiler tags for a reason.

I thought that was what he was talking about.

The book gets released in London at 12:01 AM, which is 9:01 PM on the East Coast. 6:01 on the West Coast, 3:01 here in Hawaii. That should be plenty of time for me to get a spoiler. I'd expect them to be released around 11:00PM on the East Coast.

Why would you do that? Is your life THAT SAD? And if you spoil anything, you will be gone.

The internet will be off for me until I get the book and finish reading it.

And London is 5 hours ahead of the East Coast.

Speaking of spoilers...

I have to wonder, IF Harry dies in this book (and I don't think he will), will the media jump on the story? I mean will we hear about it on the Today show, or read something in USA Today within a few days of the release?

I pray to god you're fucking joking about this.

It's a fucking children's book.

Nope, I am not joking.

And have you read them? They aren't really children books anymore.

You may spoil it with spoiler tags, just don't straight out spoil it.

That is the smartest insult ever.

I just don't understand why people have to go OUT of their way to spoil something for people. Do they have anything better to do? No. So I have nothing better to do than ban people if they do spoil it.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/booksevenquiz/

You have to sign up, but you can predict what will happen in DH. 65 questions.

Speaking of spoilers...

I have to wonder, IF Harry dies in this book (and I don't think he will), will the media jump on the story? I mean will we hear about it on the Today show, or read something in USA Today within a few days of the release?

Well, several media outlets spoiled the ending of The Sopranos without hesitation the day after.

Well, several media outlets spoiled the ending of The Sopranos without hesitation the day after.

It's a little different when it's a TV show that airs at the same time for everybody, and when it's a book that you have to go buy and then read the whole thing. But I wouldn't be surprised if various media people were spoiling the book the day after it comes out.

Ordered mine from Play.com hopefully they're true to their word and I get it on release day. If new release games are anything to go by though, I might even get it a day early. Silly, play.com.

Sadly, my deputy manager at work is a right nobhead and loves spoiling shit for everyone - Lost, wrestling, etc.

If he spoils Harry Potter, I'll kick the shit out of him - best p45 ever.

Jason223_ThePit

Group: Banned

Member No.: 9,916

Shit like this is why people mock you, Mole.

Again and again and again.

just got this in an e-mail from a friend.

Someone on "The site that doesn't exist" posted a topic with pics about how some asshat parked in front of the store, walked around and was spoiling the book before being chased by a mob....

he reurned minutes later to find the entire side of his car was keyed with the phrase "SNAPE THIS BITCH" along the entire right side...

Now that right there is karma at it's finest.

key1vn7.jpg