TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

What's with WWE and undefeated streaks?

The win streak is a very lazy way to get just about anyone over, simple as that...

and get Val Venis, Scotty 2 Hotty, or Funnaki on TV.

That's probably the only thing that really bugs me about the streaks. One of these JTTS is in the ring following the commercial break and I just roll my eyes... ah fuck, who are they trying to get over now???

Wasn't Hogan undefeated for a couple of years in his first reign as WWF champion? Ultimate Warrior was undefeated a couple of times during his career as well I believe.

Vito, Terkay, Miz, Lashley, and Hassan all had undefeated streaks. They cared so little about Vito that the streak ending wasn't even mentioned.

The absolute best was when Rene Dupree, who had ONE match on ECW TV, was billed by Styles as undefeated.

Guest Princess Leena
I remember Tazz busted up Kurt Angle's winning streak. Sure did wonders for his career, didn't it?

Didn't count. Illegal choke. I miss those days.

All of it to set up Rocky beating Angle like 3 weeks later... meh.

Kurt Angle and I believe Lex Luger had WWF winning streaks.

You would be correct. Luger was hyped as Mr All America and didn't lose until his bout against then Champ Yokozuna.

I normally don't have a problem with these undefeated streaks, but in Umaga's case, I have a problem with it. Usually the undefeated streak is done with a new guy in the company, whether it be a home grown fresh rookie or someone who recently signed up with the company. With Umaga though, we have a guy who has been in the WWE, and who didn't particularly have a good run of it the first time around. Now that would be fine if, he had been somone who everyone quickly forgot about, but he was in tag team that got a semi-push for a while. I know the casual fan doesn't know that he was Jamal of Three Minute Warning, but to me it's just hard to fathom that a guy goes from that to being the pride of the company.

Well according to WWE Umaga has never been in their federation ever before. He got a makeover. Just like Kane when he debuted WWE didnt say tat he acually had been with them before under another name. To be honest in both cases (Umaga and Kane) I don t really tink alot of people remember or even know they are the same wrestlers as Isaac Yankeem DDS and Jamal.

yea but at least kane had a mask on, the only difference between "Jamal" and "Umaga" is tribal paint on the face, headshrinkers like tights and no shoes. hell he still has the same hair style as when he was Jamal

back to topic, yes I am sick of these unbeaten streaks

and its pretty sad that Masters masterlock streak was broken so they could suck up on the xmas iraq special. then again theyll prbbaly never mention it on wwe tv again.

Vito had a winning streak, not an undefeated streak.

It was the INTERNET who pimped Lashley's unbeaten streak and was pissed to see him take an L at Survivor Series '05 from Show & Kane. Not the announcers. Even though, technically, he won that match. The announcer's later pimped his streak before the loss to Finley.

and its pretty sad that Masters masterlock streak was broken so they could suck up on the xmas iraq special. then again theyll prbbaly never mention it on wwe tv again.

Didn't Booker T break it in the 30 Man Battle Royal before Wrestlemania 21? And I'm pretty sure someone else also has broken it before.

Didn't Booker T break it in the 30 Man Battle Royal before Wrestlemania 21? And I'm pretty sure someone else also has broken it before.

Shhhh the WWE doesn't want you remembering that far back.

Guest JaKyL25

Here's something I find interesting during all this Undefeated talk: I think Yokozuna is the only person to ever become a World champion in WWE without being defeated in WWE.

Everybody else since at least Hogan's first reign lost at the very least their first shot at the title. I think only Warrior, Flair, Vince, (for obvious reasons), Kane, and Brock won the title on their first attempts, and they already had losses on their WWE records. Not sure about Flair though.

Hell, even Goldberg lost his first try at the WHC. It took Angle two tries to win the title. That was the match where I developed this theory.

Am I forgetting anyone?

Re: Masterlock

No wrestler on television has ever broken Masters' grip of the Masterlock. He's broken it by releasing it, but everytime it was voluntary.

So that's one example of WWE not being revisionist.

WM 21 pre-show dark match battle royal is a dark match. It doesn't count and was done as a special live show cute reward. IMO, it was pretty stupid to do the spot since they eventually put it on DVD.

Guest JaKyL25

Batista didn't win his first attempt either. Unless he had a shot at Benoit or Goldberg that I'm forgetting about, his first title shot was in the Elimination Chamber for the vacant WHC at New Year's Revolution 2005.

Guest JaKyL25

I knew Brock only had DQs (I believe in a handicap match against the Hardys and against RVD for the IC Title), but DQs are still losses.

I don't know of a time when Bret Hart challenged for the title prior to him beating Flair..but I'm sure this will be proven to be a wrong statement...I alwasy considered Tatanka's winning streak to be a real accomplishment although I was young and a big mark..but I really thought that he was something special and his streak was one of the bright spots in the fed..it's kinda strange that such a gimmicked wrestler also got a winning streak and man was I pissed when the Foreign Fanatics led by Yokozuna ended the streak and put him out...Yoko is the best heel ever by the way...