TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

I could make an entire thread out of some of the

I guess some people love paying $60 for expansion packs so adding playable bosses is worth all that money?

Dark Resurrection adds much more than a playable boss.

It's much less than 60 dollars. It's a cheap Playstation Store download.

Ok, but it was still sold for $40 on PSP.

Tekken 5: DR is an overhaul to the whole damn game. See what they did to my poor, poor, Bryan.

Fuckers.

I know I have the knock against the PS3 right below my avatar, but damn I love Tekken, and Tekken will never go to a console not owned by Sony. I actually think we're gonna see tremendous upside on the PS3 after nine months or so.

I guess the main point of this argument, is why buy it now, when it's going to be unchanged and cheaper down the road?

Because I want it now, and I am willing to pay the premium.

DR has more new content and changes then some full sequels. Not a good example for crusading against expansion packs.

Tekken will never go to a console not owned by Sony.

It can and it has.

Tekken Advance.

You can argue that a *good* Tekken hasn't gone to a non-Sony system, though. Sony doesn't own Namco--I think it's more because the arcade games basically run off Sony hardware than anything else.

Don't forget that Soul Calibur has been on non-Sony systems already, though.

DR has more new content and changes then some full sequels. Not a good example for crusading against expansion packs.

Ok fine then what about Grand Theft Auto series from III to Vice City to San Andreas?

Then why do you do what the majority does?

The majority are buying PS3s? Wii is what's getting all the love these days.

I got one to play a niche game! You really have no clue what you're talking about.

Ok fine then what about Grand Theft Auto series from III to Vice City to San Andreas?

Another bad example. Have you played those? Each is like an entirely new game! New map, new story, new missions. They're totally different games that use the same gameplay system. Not "expansion packs" at all.

Raza, when you post in this folder, do you post a lot of deliberately sarcastic things?

Because your posts often seem to be either deeply sarcastic, sort of silly, and sometimes flat out insane and incomprehensible.

I'm just asking this as a serious question. I don't really "get" you.

Another bad example. Have you played those? Each is like an entirely new game! New map, new story, new missions. They're totally different games that use the same gameplay system. Not "expansion packs" at all.

Nah, they're all the same game. Nothing innovative at all about that series other than GTAIII's leap to 3D from 32-bit overhead sprite "goodness".

No, they're not. That's like saying Morrowind and Oblivion are the same game. Ignoring the additions of new cars and new types of vehicles (planes, helicopters, motorcycles) and new types of quests and stat levelling and a bunch of stuff I'm probably forgetting about, each game's world is quite different from the others. And since exploring the city and doing shit is the big draw to the game, I'd say different world design is significant. Really, don't be ridiculous.

No, you are the one missing the point.

What is the most plain definition of expansion? More maps.

When the previously mentioned Oblivion got an expansion, what did it have? More maps. When Xwing got an expansion, it got more missions.

An expansion is when you use the same gameplay to do the same thing with a different story in different places.

In other words, just adding new cars (graphics) and locations, and even just driving type missions, which they've had since GTA3, IS an expansion.

You have more ground with the talk of stat leveling.

By that logic, most sequels are just "expansions". A real expansion is an addon to an existing game. GTA VC and SA were not addons to GTA3, they were seperate games with different engines. You can call it whatever you want, but both sequels were 100 hour games and provided crucial differences from their predecessors. So I really fail to see the negative here.

yeah, I don't understand calling the GTA series expansions of each other, either. Ech game has been better than the last, each has unique differences from the last, improved upon engines etc. etc. An expansion to say, San Andreas, would be a disc that gives CJ the option of travelling to Vice City to do some missions, but overall, it has to tie in with the San Andreas storyline.

The worst is the new chat style helps for popular sites/programs. M is me. BTW turbotax took like 3 minutes last year.

M- I have teo W2's, and the second won't file. I can't find a costomer service number.

-What program?

M- Free TurboTax, but, I'll pay extra. Did last year. Forward me over, and I'll do it. I already filed my first W2, and that works.

-UHHhhhhhhhhh.

UHHHHhhhh. What program are you running?

M- Windows XP.

*2 minute pause*

M-Look, I just want to do my fucking taxes. Turbo Tax Free. The program you offer. It has a spot for my second W2, but it doesn't take. The first one shows my income, the second one... Doesn't!

-We don't accept that kind of language at TurboTax/

*Literally 10 minutes later*

M-I JUST want to add an additional W2 to my file. It won't take on the TurboTax program. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE AND SEE WHY

-Oh, we don't have phone service for free customers.

HEAD ASPOLODE. WHY WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's not like I was being obscure or anything. I clearly explained my situation and ARRRRRGH.

This is hardly exaggeratted, if anything, it's truncated. I was fucking PISSED.

I didn't know TurboTax was a game...

This thread DID start with the premise of shitty customer service, y,know. Look at the topic, and first four pages shit-for- brains.

I didn't know TurboTax was a game...

This thread DID start with the premise of shitty customer service, y,know. Look at the topic, and first four pages shit-for- brains.

Well, the topic was on...

at the arcade or Gamestop

Although it hasn't strictly stuck to that theme.

I could do little more when I read your post but think "....ok, but what does that have to do...". It's not a game retailer or the arcade or anything of the sort. It's in the same vein, but it only very loosely related. It seems like somebody had posted in the wrong *folder*.

shit-for- brains.

You could stand to take this a little more to heart:

Generally there's just no excuse for rudeness on either side.

By that logic, most sequels are just "expansions". A real expansion is an addon to an existing game. GTA VC and SA were not addons to GTA3, they were seperate games with different engines. You can call it whatever you want, but both sequels were 100 hour games and provided crucial differences from their predecessors. So I really fail to see the negative here.

They were different games with the same engine. Nothing wrong with that.

I can buy that San Andreas was a departure from the previous games in the GTA series, but what exactly did Vice City add to the GTA gameplay canon, outside of motorcycles and the ability to acquire property throughout the city (both of which are neat, but not exactly substantial improvements)?

Guest Smues
I can buy that San Andreas was a departure from the previous games in the GTA series, but what exactly did Vice City add to the GTA gameplay canon, outside of motorcycles and the ability to acquire property throughout the city (both of which are neat, but not exactly substantial improvements)?

80's music. What more do you need?

David Effin' Cross.

The GTA series, for me, I don't like. And I know exactly why. Incredible games, a really new concept with the free-roaming city...

Guess what? my friends played Kent State for hours at a time. When I , or a friend actually tried to complete a mission, IT WAS FUN! Other than that it was huh huh cheat code I'm in a tank/ For HOURS.