TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Problem backing up my DVD's

Okay, So I was using DVD X Copy to back up a few DVDs of mine. The first few worked fine, but recently everytime I try, it gets about three-fourths the way through the DVD, and then my computer restarts itself. I have hard-drive space available (almost 30 gigs), and I stopped using other programs, and even tried several other programs, but it keeps happening. Does anybody here have any ideas on how to fix this?

Bit Torrent. Five separate versions.

It worked fine the frist few times, but the last two days it just keeps resetting my computer.

Ya. I've heard of pirated programs working for a while, but stop working for no reason.

I guess you have to get a different program or somethin.

Well, I took a buhc of old things off that I don't use anymore (and hunted down and deleted anything with Nero in it), so after running Norton's and restarting the machine I'll turn everything off and try it again.

Well, I took a buhc of old things off that I don't use anymore (and hunted down and deleted anything with Nero in it), so after running Norton's and restarting the machine I'll turn everything off and try it again.

Did it work?

I had a similar problem with my computer shutting off when i was backing up a movie using dvd shrink. My problem was that the computer was overheating because the fan was covered with dust, so I took the cover off and cleaned the fan and since then it has been working fine. Hopefully that helps.

I tried that too, but it's still shutting off. I've turned off all of the programs running in the background, unistalled a bunch of others...

Maybe if I move my computer out into the open it will work.

I pulled out my computer, I had a fan blowing on it- and it gets to 98% before restarting.

Is there a way to change the speed on my DVD-Rom drive? I've done it using Roxio, but is there a way to just do it on the Drvie itself?

I pulled out my computer, I had a fan blowing on it- and it gets to 98% before restarting.

Is there a way to change the speed on my DVD-Rom drive? I've done it using Roxio, but is there a way to just do it on the Drvie itself?

Don't know if you need to. You can change what speed you rip it at. I think.........