The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, December 25th Issue

Final Resolution PPV line up.

1) Angle vs Joe - 30m Iron Man Match

2) Abyss vs Christian vs Sting - NWA Title Match

3) LAX vs Team 3D - NWA Tag Title Match

4) AJ Styles vs Rhine

5) Jerry Lynn vs Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin - X Divison Title Match

Spike TV has offered TNA a two-hour show. It's as good as good though really but the hold-up is over Spike wanting a multi-year exclusive commitment and TNA wants more money than Spike are offering. Internally TNA are aiming at getting ratings up to 1.4 over the spring and summer inorder to get more cash from Spike. Wrestling always does better in the first half of the year as the networks are showing reruns and wrestling remains first-run shows. Plus no more NFL of Thursday nights should help.

Bob Sapp has been in talks with Jeff Jarrett about coming up for a 'shoot' program with Angle. Daniel Puder was their first choice, but after they offered him what was been called an embarrssingly low offer Puder decided he didn't want anything to do with it. Although how on earth they expect to get Sapp who turned down $1,000,000 from Vince and won't come for anything less than ten times than it would have taken to secure Puder is a mystery.

Vince Russo is constantly being told backstage that he's writing just too much stuff for a one hour show and they have to edit like crazy to get it all in. His response is just to carry on doing it.

Not quite sure how, but Jim Cornette is now working with Russo on the booking committee. Starting with the 12/11 tapings Jarrett and Mantel managed to get Cornette to get involved. Russo and Cornette do actually talk to each other and are being civil for the good of the company. Cornette is helping produce a lot of the interview segments and sits in on the production meetings - although they make sure that Don West and Mike Tenay sit between Russo and Cornette. At the meetings Tenay hands out the lastest Russo script and Cornette then openly challenges any segment that he's involved in that doesn't make any sense. Everyone bites their tongue because Russo is described as taking it but appears to be bottling everything up inside.

Andy Douglas appears to be gone.

Joe's MCL sprain was a severe second degree sprain based on his second examination on 12/13. He is not expected to under go surgery.

Jackie Gayda, who is 25, gave birth to a girl named Kayla on 12/14.

Joe was black and blue at TV before he hurt is knee as Angle isn't holding back on anyone.

The AJ Pierzynski and David Eckstein was covered by CNN Headline news, ESPN Sports Center, and the Sports Illustrated website. A photo of Pierzynski holding Eckstein made the front page of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and is expected to be mentioned in the 12/23 issue of Sports Illustrated. The plan is to build to Dale Torborg vs Lance Hoyt. Hoyt got the spot thanks to Russo who wants to push him, but had nothing to push him with.

TNA has pulled out of its deal with The Wrestling Channel in the UK. They are expected to move to Bravo, the channel that airs UFC in the UK and used to show WCW. It's a major step up in what can be a major wrestling market.

Angle filmed his segment for the George Michael Sports Machine this past week. In what is become trademark Angle style he was asked one question and repied with a 30 minute monologue which will have to be heavilly edited for the show.

Angle, Joe Rogan and Dana White were at the Video Game awards which aired on 12/13 on Spike but was recorded a few days earlier. Angle ripped off his shirt on stage and went crazy to try and get some more attention. Backstage he was telling people that he was going to be facing either Couture, Ortiz or Liddel at some point in 2007. This is only known about as Mike Swick of UFC was backstage with a camera and filmed it. If this was wrestling that would be a sure fire sign of an angle, but it's not in this case.

AJ Styles tried to work heel against Runt at the 12/15 house show but the fans wouldn't boo him.

Impact will have to be moved on 1/25 as there's a UFC special 8-10.

There is a definate interest in Amy Dumas if she's interested.

Russo is booking Angle as if he was Steve Austin in 1997. It's working a whole lot better than when he tried to push Jeff Jarrett in that way, but still shows where Russo's head is at wrestling wise.

The LAX vs AMW angle ending with AMW breaking up was a great example of an angle going from A to E and missing out on B, C and D.

Not quite sure how, but Jim Cornette is now working with Russo on the booking committee. Starting with the 12/11 tapings Jarrett and Mantel managed to get Cornette to get involved. Russo and Cornette do actually talk to each other and are being civil for the good of the company. Cornette is helping produce a lot of the interview segments and sits in on the production meetings - although they make sure that Don West and Mike Tenay sit between Russo and Cornette. At the meetings Tenay hands out the lastest Russo script and Cornette then openly challenges any segment that he's involved in that doesn't make any sense. Everyone bites their tongue because Russo is described as taking it but appears to be bottling everything up inside.
Now if Cornette would challenge segments that he's not in, we might get something more than Clusterfuck shows out of Impact.

Vince Russo is constantly being told backstage that he's writing just too much stuff for a one hour show and they have to edit like crazy to get it all in. His response is just to carry on doing it.

Never mind.

Guest Bammey

What are they doing with Russo? They seem not so sure about him. TNA has a chance to really peak and their having Russo write and I can only imagine hes responsible for the Young/Traci Bikini contest, the VKM, Abyss secret, and the return of Raven's Flock. I don't even know how Raven's Flock came to be or the reason behind it. These are all old rehased storylines given a new color.

Jackie Gayda, who is 25, gave birth to a girl named Kayla on 12/14.
Heh, thats my birthday.

Andy Douglas appears to be gone.

Which is a shame as i would have liked to have seen a good end to the Naturals/Douglas angle

TNA has pulled out of its deal with The Wrestling Channel in the UK. They are expected to move to Bravo, the channel that airs UFC in the UK and used to show WCW. It's a major step up in what can be a major wrestling market.

Good, i am glad. TWC had a really piss poor presentation of the product. They had ad breaks every 15 minutes on TV shows and on PPVs. It was really fucking annoying. Hopefully, Bravo do a better job.

Good, i am glad. TWC had a really piss poor presentation of the product. They had ad breaks every 15 minutes on TV shows and on PPVs. It was really fucking annoying. Hopefully, Bravo do a better job.

I was watching TNA of Bravo yesterday (they already had some sort of deal, where they show footage from old PPVs, although I don't know the specifics) and they have ad breaks as well. So, I'm not sure there'll be too much of a difference. Bravo's a higher profile channel, that's the main difference. Plus, TWC might show some more new material instead of TNA PPV re-runs all the time (although they're trying to become a wrestling/MMA channel now, so it'll probably be more MMA stuff).

The AJ Pierzynski and David Eckstein was covered by CNN Headline news, ESPN Sports Center, and the Sports Illustrated website. A photo of Pierzynski holding Eckstein made the front page of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and is expected to be mentioned in the 12/23 issue of Sports Illustrated. The plan is to build to Dale Torborg vs Lance Hoyt. Hoyt got the spot thanks to Russo who wants to push him, but had nothing to push him with.

Dale Torborg needs to be the KISS Demon again and have Gene Simmons as his manager :)

Never mind.

Nobody should be surprised that Russo's response to being told about his mistakes is to keep on making them. He's never learned from his mistakes in the past, and it doesn't look like he's going to start now.

WWE is underwritten, while TNA is over written. Angle's a joke and I'm sure everyone got a good laugh at him. Joe's "in" with the UFC crowd and community, and Angle's going around like the typical pro "rassler" with these angles.

I'll be honest, the two things I'm most interested in never get reported on. Is Nash done with in-ring duties and will Sting sign on for another year or even six months?

I'll be honest, the two things I'm most interested in never get reported on. Is Nash done with in-ring duties and will Sting sign on for another year or even six months?

Nash might come back for a comedy match but that's unlikely. Sting is a virtual lock to re-sign. He wants to stay and TNA want him stay.

So Russo is working with Cornette? Isn't that a little bit hypocritical on Jim's part?

Thanks for posting.

Not really, I mean if Russo hasn't been acting completely like the Russo of old then I find it to be surprisingly big of Cornette to give him a second chance with him. Plus if the two of them can find some way to sorta work together, it's nothing but a positive for TNA.

I was watching TNA of Bravo yesterday (they already had some sort of deal, where they show footage from old PPVs, although I don't know the specifics) and they have ad breaks as well. So, I'm not sure there'll be too much of a difference. Bravo's a higher profile channel, that's the main difference. Plus, TWC might show some more new material instead of TNA PPV re-runs all the time (although they're trying to become a wrestling/MMA channel now, so it'll probably be more MMA stuff).

True, although to my knowledge, Bravo doesnt have the ad breaks every 15 minutes, which is what winds me up. a 3 hour PPV should not take 4 hours to air.

What are they doing with Russo? They seem not so sure about him. TNA has a chance to really peak and their having Russo write and I can only imagine hes responsible for the Young/Traci Bikini contest, the VKM, Abyss secret, and the return of Raven's Flock. I don't even know how Raven's Flock came to be or the reason behind it. These are all old rehased storylines given a new color.

It's hilarious to think Russo would consider that a success. He wants every fan for every segment to say "I dunno what's going on and I dont know the reasoning behind it."

As for Nash he's the highest paid guy in the company right? And he doesnt even do anything, so why ruin it by wrestling.

It's hilarious to think Russo would consider that a success. He wants every fan for every segment to say "I dunno what's going on and I dont know the reasoning behind it."

As for Nash he's the highest paid guy in the company right? And he doesnt even do anything, so why ruin it by wrestling.

Pretty sure that Sting is paid more and Nash earns his $ with staying out of the ring.

I blame everything not making sense on overproduction and poor editing and giving time to the wrong angles.....dramah~ > cheesy campy WTF b-movie made for tv comedy in the case of Raven's Flock > Eric Young bikini contest.

Kurt Angle makes the most in the company now. I believe its like 800,000 or something like that.

Guest Mos_Def
So Russo is working with Cornette? Isn't that a little bit hypocritical on Jim's part?

Thanks for posting.

Not really, I mean if Russo hasn't been acting completely like the Russo of old then I find it to be surprisingly big of Cornette to give him a second chance with him. Plus if the two of them can find some way to sorta work together, it's nothing but a positive for TNA.

I actually think its the other way around. To me I have found Jim Cornette to be a far more offensive human being than Russo. In any event, or course they are going to get along, they're not going to let petty differences about da rasslin business stand in the way of some healthy paychecks. These guys are all carny, dont forget that.

True, although to my knowledge, Bravo doesnt have the ad breaks every 15 minutes, which is what winds me up. a 3 hour PPV should not take 4 hours to air.

I'll admit the ad breaks every fifteen minutes are annoying but stop moaning. You got the shows for free a week after they aired and still you bitch.