TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Fantastic Four 2

I didn't even know this was in production (and I heard that Jessica Alba wasn't going to do it if it was), but the preview for Fantastic Four- Rise of the Silver Surfer is up on Apple.com/trailers now- and it looks pretty sweet. Also looks like the whole original cast is back as well. That being said, I was really underwhelmed by the first movie, but I hope this follows in X-Men and Spider-Man's footsteps and ramps up the action now that the origin story has been told.

silversurfer2_gal.jpg

EDIT FROM MOLE: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasti...hesilversurfer/

Link to trailer

I thought the Surfer looked fine. I really hope Galactus is in it. If it's just a set-up for a third film where he actually does appear, I'll be disappointed. I didn't hate the first film like everyone else did, and the trailer looks good so I'll be there.

That goes for Spider-Man 3 as well. I'm gonna be pissed if they end it with Brock turning into Venom to set up Spidey 4 in 2009.

First off, I just want to say I did not have a problem with the first FF movie except the final battle being disappointly short.

As for this, I feel kind of cheated. I mean I remember the Marvel guys talking about wanting to make a Silver Surfer movie, now its like they got scared that SS wasn't going to be a draw because he's not a big name hero (ala Elektra) so they slapped on the FF name on there to gain interest so its more like a guest starring feel. Should be good though, I just don't like this direction they took. Also, this movie needs the Super Skrull.

I thought FF was a decent movie although Sue Storm was a miscast (not that I mind looking at Jessica Alba, she just doesn't seem like Sue Storm to me). I'm a Silver Surfer fan so I'll definitely be catching this.

Well as somebody who hated the first movie I thought this was a good teaser at least. For the first film though I was never really interested once I heard Alba was in it. It wasn't the worst comic movie I have seen but its is down near the bottom (Dolph Punisher I'm looking at YOU).

As far as saving the franchise this Silver Surfer thing leading into Galactus as a cliff hanger could be a very good thing.

I want to see:

200px-FF48.jpg

be the plot for the movie

That is more likely to be the plot for a third film. According to reports, Galactus will appear on this film, but it may just be a cameo at the end to set up the third movie. I know tons of people will be disappointed if that does happen but I think it could work very well. I'm really looking forward to this movie after seeing this.

I mean I remember the Marvel guys talking about wanting to make a Silver Surfer movie, now its like they got scared that SS wasn't going to be a draw because he's not a big name hero (ala Elektra) so they slapped on the FF name on there to gain interest so its more like a guest starring feel.
Cuz it's not like the Silver Surfer debuted in Fantastic Four comics, right? RIGHT?

That goes for Spider-Man 3 as well. I'm gonna be pissed if they end it with Brock turning into Venom to set up Spidey 4 in 2009.

You're gonna be one unhappy camper when these movies are released.

Personally, I want Galactus to not be in this movie, except for a cliffhanger at the end. That way, the third movie can focus on Galactus, which is the way it should be; Galactus is such a huge threat to everything it'd be silly if he wasn't the main villian for two hours. Also, I think it'd be cool if they used this as the excuse to start crossovers; I dunno who owns the rights to what characters, but I think it'd be really cool to have the Fantastic Four trying to figure out what to do, only to have Spider-Man or the X-Men or something pop in to lend a hand, because they can't beat Galactus on their own.

I mean I remember the Marvel guys talking about wanting to make a Silver Surfer movie, now its like they got scared that SS wasn't going to be a draw because he's not a big name hero (ala Elektra) so they slapped on the FF name on there to gain interest so its more like a guest starring feel.
Cuz it's not like the Silver Surfer debuted in Fantastic Four comics, right? RIGHT?

You're gonna be one unhappy camper when these movies are released.

Personally, I want Galactus to not be in this movie, except for a cliffhanger at the end. That way, the third movie can focus on Galactus, which is the way it should be; Galactus is such a huge threat to everything it'd be silly if he wasn't the main villian for two hours. Also, I think it'd be cool if they used this as the excuse to start crossovers; I dunno who owns the rights to what characters, but I think it'd be really cool to have the Fantastic Four trying to figure out what to do, only to have Spider-Man or the X-Men or something pop in to lend a hand, because they can't beat Galactus on their own.

Speaking of crossovers didn't Spiderman get the black costume in the Secret Wars mini series? And isn't the FF4 movie rights owned by the Marvel group while X-Men is Warner Brothers and Spiderman is Sony?

There should be nothing negative said about this trailer..Surfer looked great and the movie should be good...and the first film got a packed theatre ovation when it was finished and NOT because they were glad it was over...like someone said earlier the end battle was too short but overall I liked the movie..I wonder how much of a part Doom will play in the sequel?

Guest Smues

Thanks to that awesome animated gif I can't think of Galactus without thinking "Hungers for dat ass"

I wonder how much of a part Doom will play in the sequel?

Maybe they can also borrow that from the comics and have Doom steal the Surfer's Power Cosmic for the final battle of the movie. That way the Surfer could go from supposed villain to sympathetic hero in the end, ready for the stand off against Galactus in the third movie.

I guess I never realized Surfer was a villan?

not so much a villian, he was just doing what Galactus was bidding him to do as his herald.

So he's a Tweener?

you could sorta say that...basically, he realized how "great" Earth was, started feeling guilty for helping other planets get wiped out and convinced Galactus to go munch on some other planets instead.

Galactus himself isn't so much a heel...he's just a hungry guy and planet's happen to be what he eats!