TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Fantastic Four 2

About Galactus:

Last I read somewhere, Galactus is represented in the movie by a cloud. Yes, a cloud.

I read that Avi Arad said that that's BS. We'll see I guess.

There's an Extended Edition of Fantastic Four coming out on DVD June 5th. It will be a 2 disc set that's supposed to have 10 to 20 minutes of footage added to the movie, with the original theatrical version available to watch as well. Extras galore on disc 2!

About Galactus:

Last I read somewhere, Galactus is represented in the movie by a cloud. Yes, a cloud.

Yeah...I'm not surprised.

Here's another trailer

Wow.......just wow.

The movie is rated PG.

LAMMEEE

I just can't get into a comic book/action movie that is PG.

Are you for real? It's Fantastic Four.........

Wow, this movie is looking like its going to hell before its even released.

Safe to say my expectations are fairly low

Alright, so Galactus has gone from being a cloud to a metal Hermit Crab using a skull as its shell......nice.

Still, if he's not going to be in much of the movie then its not really much of a big deal.

Gah Lak Tus is from the Marvel Ultimates comics. There was a huge swarm of those things. That may be what they use in the movie, but keep that in mind.

Yeah. That's what I was about to say. That's the Ultimate version of Galactus. Anyway, were you posting that image for the hell of it or is it actually confirmed?

Though the giant fog cloud was crapped on, if it happened I could see their reasoning. Even though it's what everyone knows him as, a guy hundreds of feet tall in that helmet of his would look silly. Also keep in mind that Galactus only appears in that form because it's what is most understandable to humans. His true form is that of an abstract being, a force of nature who would be best represented as a mass of energy, but thankfully there is a better option in something like Gah Lak Tus.

I don't get it. Everyone wants to see Galactus as that big ass guy with a purple helmet. The reason that's not going to be the case is because it's silly looking and it's not believable? It's a freaking marvel movie. A guy who can stretch the shit out of all his limbs isn't silly looking? Some other guy who looks like an orange rock is believable? I never got that type of thinking when it came to super hero movies.

The movie is rated PG.

LAMMEEE

I just can't get into a comic book/action movie that is PG.

The first one was a PG.

And i can't view the pic of Gah Lak Tus, i'm just getting a red x.

Oh my god, words can't even begin to describe how terrible this film was. They took so many liberties with the story and the characters that any resemblance to the original comic books is merely coincidental. The way Silver Surfer himself is portrayed is so wrong and so awful, I couldn't even believe it, and it's really saddening because Silver Surfer is one of my all time favorites. I don't even know if I can point to any one specific thing that is most damaging in this film. The PG rating perhaps? The paper thin plot? The laughable dialog? The hammy acting? For those of you who have been clamoring to see Galactus on the big screen, don't get your hopes up, it's a fucking joke.

I hated the first F4 movie, I thought it was boring, and childish, and this film is 10x worse. If I HAD to say anything good about it, it would be that the special effects are pretty cool, particularly the surfer, and that the movie is short, barely 90 minutes, so you won't have to suffer for too long.

It doesn't matter what people think, or what the reviews say, this movie is going to make 250 million no matter what, but please do yourself a favor and avoid this film.

well it's a good thing I won free tickets for the movie then. I honestly don't have high hopes for this movie as I'm not a big FF fan anyways, I'm just hoping it's mildly entertaining.

did Jessica Alba have blue eyes in the first one? I can't remember...

EDIT: yea she did...I just don't remember them being this goddamn blue!

anyway, can't be any worse than this:

Ffmovie1994.jpg