TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Fantastic Four 2

Well, I bought the Extended Edition of F4 and it came with a free movie ticket so I'll go check it out.

Well, I bought the Extended Edition of F4 and it came with a free movie ticket so I'll go check it out.

Could you please tell us about this extended version? Anything good/relevant added?

^ The Extended Edition is just all the deleted scenes reincorporated back into the movie so the film is about 20 minutes longer and its a big improvement on the original cut. A few gaps are filled in like what causes Johnny Storm to stop being a complete jackass as well as Mr. Fantastic rekindling his flame to Invisable Woman. Julian McMahon gets more screen time which works wonders in his favor. It also shows development of the FF team more.

The first disc has both the theatrical as well as the extended version of the movie. There's also a second disc that has a couple of really nice features. The first one was close to an hour about the making of the movie, and the particular characters. The other feature was all about the life of Jack Kirby. There were some others but those were the two main ones, and its worth getting for just them if you're an extras fan.

I'll probably watch F4 II tonight, but I did take this picture at my local theatre last week when I went to go see Pirates 3.

Silver_Surfer.jpg

If you think the Silver Surfer one is badass, wait until you see the Simpsons one.....it's fucking awesome.

Just got back from FF: Rise of the silver surfer, and here's my two cents.

It's not that bad a film. Granted I really liked the first one (don't ask me why, I just do) and i enjoyed this one. Actually, i really enjoyed it. My only complaints would be

Paper thin plot

Bad acting on Alba's part. You're hot love, but you can't act

I was willing for Galactus to show up properlly, just a glimpse, but nothing. My mate on the other hand thought it was perfect

I wish that Victor had been dressed up as Dr. Doom all the way through the film rather than being Victor up untill the end. Sort of ruined my views of Dr. Doom.

All in all, it's not that bad a film.

I ahd to build both the Surfer and Simpsons Standees. The Simpsons one sucked because it had like 800 different pieces to be assembled, and about 9000 different screws, and then I cam up short on screws in the end, so I just half assed it. The Silver Surfer standee was a trip and a half though, the cardboard background I got together in like an hour, but trying to make heads or tales out of building the support structure and then attaching the Surfer and his board drove me mad. It took like 3 of us in the end to pick that fucker up and then a fourth guy in the back to screw the bolts on, and then the bolts didn't line up, etc., so it was a real pain in my ass.

Is that a Muppet version of The Thing?

That was the Thing from the ORIGINAL movie, made back in the late eighties, if I remember correctly. It was basically the same deal as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles suits from the good movies. Alas, this movie never saw the light of day, as even the studio recognized it was terrible. (actually, I think it was made to prove that it couldn't be made)

Yeah, the movie was so awful, it was never released to the public although if you're Hell bent on seeing pure crap, I'm sure you find a copy of it on E-Bay.

The film was THAT bad and here's the proof

to be honest with you guys, at least from a special effects standpoint...and probably a script and acting standpoint as well...that could have made for a decent TV show considering it was the early 90s.

The movie was alright. I thought they made Silver Surfer look weak though. Since when did he need his surfboard to use his powers? Johnny Storm is a funny guy, but the rest of the FF4 treated him like shit, except for the Thing. It's really not a bad movie, but it's missing something to make it a very good movie. And I thought Galactus looked alright for what they were going but I still preferred the giant purple suit man.

The movie was alright. I thought they made Silver Surfer look weak though. Since when did he need his surfboard to use his powers? Johnny Storm is a funny guy, but the rest of the FF4 treated him like shit, except for the Thing. It's really not a bad movie, but it's missing something to make it a very good movie. And I thought Galactus looked alright for what they were going but I still preferred the giant purple suit man.

What did Galactus look like?

What did Galactus look like?

Basically like a whirlwind of clouds/gas sorta of thing. It was huge, and when they did a close up there was like fiery red orange and a little bit of purple at the center of this gas thing (in the hole). The thing also had gas that looked claw like trying to pierce the earth to consume it. Someone could probably explain it better, but it was pretty much like that. Think of like how people depict a hurricane when you watch the weather on tv except a lot bigger and thicker.

Call me crazy, but I think what you saw of Galactus in this FF movie isn't REALLY Galactus himself, but just the storm/wrath of Galactus. Since there's likely to be a Surfer spinoff movie from this I would think they would end up having to have Galactus himself as a character in that movie.

The way it ended there would have to be a spinoff for Silver Surfer since there were several questions I had at the end. First, is Galactus actually dead? I didn't think so, just that the Surfer had averted the Earth from being destroyed. Second, what about the Surfer's homeland if Galactus ISN'T dead? Wouldn't Galactus want some payback for the Surfer doublecrossing him?

Anyway this was a fun movie. The FF movies aren't great works or anything but it's enjoyable to see superheroes who for the most part enjoy their powers and responsibilities. I've seen both at the theater and each time the audience was having a blast, laughing at the funny parts and even applauding at the end.

It sounds like a good kids movie, or to put it another way, a good movie kids could watch. There's not enough of them out there, mostly just computer animated fluff with celebrity voices and pop culture references to try and make adults happy.

Anyone think there was more sexual chemistry between Alba and Evans than there was between Alba and Gruffold? I know Sue and Johnny are brother and sister and all, but they always looked like they were about to make out.

I liked it. Enjoyed the first as well though..but yea, I liked this one as well.

And i thought galactus looked fine, I think purple suit man would have just looked..well stupid. (Not to mention though, that when he first arrives, you see the shadow, of what does in fact look to be 'purple suit man' on the planet, at least it was the same head shape.

Haven't seen it yet, but I am hoping to soon. As in, actually at the theater and not a lame cam version. Don't mind the spoilers, though; plot doesn't seem important with the FF movies so much as characters. Thusly,

I'll mention Galactus for a second. He's probably better as a cloud-storm-hurricane thingy. Because some comic-book costumes just... *can't* be translated to screen. I'm sure we don't need a reminder of Juggernaugt's outfit in X3, which made him appear like something out of a S&M club.

Anyone think there was more sexual chemistry between Alba and Evans than there was between Alba and Gruffold? I know Sue and Johnny are brother and sister and all, but they always looked like they were about to make out.

It's funny you metion that because I did think the same thing. Early on, I joked they were going to make out to the girl I was with and further scenes

i.e. pre-wedding "you're beautiful" talk

just furthered the thought.

Haven't seen it yet, but I am hoping to soon. As in, actually at the theater and not a lame cam version. Don't mind the spoilers, though; plot doesn't seem important with the FF movies so much as characters. Thusly,

I'll mention Galactus for a second. He's probably better as a cloud-storm-hurricane thingy. Because some comic-book costumes just... *can't* be translated to screen. I'm sure we don't need a reminder of Juggernaugt's outfit in X3, which made him appear like something out of a S&M club.

I beg to differ.

If the Transformers can look as cool as they do there's no reason that Galactus couldn't have. He doesn't need to look EXACTLY how he did in the comics, but it would've been cool to see a little more from his character than just his arrival and apparent destruction.

Well, I just got back from watching this and WOW what a GREAT movie! Call me crazy, but I actually enjoyed this more than Spider-Man 3. I guess you could it say it was one of those movies that got you all hyped up and actually delivered. It had everything I could ask for in a comic book movie: faithfulness to the source, lots of action, and funny moments. The visual effects were just astounding. This was better than the first film on so many levels. My only complaint was that

Galactus was a fucking storm cloud! WTF?!!

But I'll let that slide because I was so happy to see Julian McMahon reprise his role as Dr. Doom, I didn't think he was coming back. To be honest, I didn't think the movie was going to be good at all because people like to pick on F4 since being family friendly is a bad thing, but boy was I wrong, lol. Anyway, if you're looking for a good movie to watch this month, go see this film NOW!

Fantastic Four was rated PG-13 in the US

Only because Johnny Storm made fun of Mr. Fantastic's penis.

I forgot to mention that on the Extended Cut of Fantastic Four, there's a cool animated opening (with credits) for the movie rather than the lame opening with the big F4 logo just being shown in the theatrical version.