TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

Best of Smackdown 2006 Thread

Well hey, the Tribute to the Troops got a thread.

Surprisingly, it's not what I thought it was going to be. It's like the old 'best of' shows, Showing PPV clips, etc. I thought they were just going to be showing matches from SD or something. It looks like it may actually be good. (Especially for those of us who didn't watch/missed PPVs)

It's weird watching the Rumble and noticing that a handful of the people involved aren't even in the company anymore or just not being used on tv just 10 months later (Dean, Psicosis, TBS, Animal, Jordan, Goldust) or seeing the old issues like Carlito/Masters being partners or HHH as the uber heel.

So, the show focuses on Rey? How is that supposed to be good? He didn't really have that great of a year aside from a couple good enough matches and it was all idiotic Eddie bullshit anyways.

Showing the rumble is pointless since you really just needed to show Rey flipping Orton out and show the title win instead of burning 12-15 minutes for it when it should just get up the title win.

Oh, they couldn't show Angle for more then 3 seconds, thus the need to show more rumble footage instead of the actual important moment.

I forgot all about the blonde chick. Shocked they haven't brought her back.

This qualifies as the "best of 2006". Shit, Smackdown was half decent this year but thats not important as this random bikini contest.

This qualifies as the "best of 2006". Shit, Smackdown was half decent this year but thats not important as this random bikini contest.

Which blonde chick.......

Which blonde chick.......

Jen. The runner up.

You know, it isn't anywhere near actually good, but watching Batista vs King Booker from Survivor Series, it really isn't anywhere near as bad as the reaction was. Perfectly fine and exactly what you'd expect. Kind of enjoyable, actually. Then again, if I'd paid for it I'd probably have a different reaction.

Enjoyed Rey/Chavo I Quit and Finlay/Benoit from Judgment Day too. I hadn't seen either before but they were good. I liked the ending to the I Quit.

Guest Last Rites

They made no mention of Kurt Angle at all. The World title match at WM was cut to like 10 seconds of Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton.

They made no mention of Kurt Angle at all. The World title match at WM was cut to like 10 seconds of Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton.

Indeed. They showed Kurt's pose with the belt as he entered, then they showed him getting tossed out, and that was the extent of the Kurt Angle coverage.

I never thought I'd loathe a 'best of' show as much as I did this one.

Why? There were near full Chavo vs Rey and Finlay vs Benoit matches. Nothing else was really spectacular, but it had to be what you would expect.

What were you expecting, really?