TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Wreztling Obzerver Notez for 12/27 and 1/1

12/27:

TNA won't be paying for wrestlers' hotel rooms or rental cars anymore. This is bad for a lot of the lower-card guys who only make $300 per show. Sucks to be them.

Agents Shane Douglas and Simon Diamond weren't at the last taping because Jeff Jarrett isn't happy with the TNA agents' work and he wants to send a message, or something. Johnny Swinger was given an agent tryout at the tapings.

Jim Cornette is working with talent on interviews and angles, but he's not involved with the writing.

Leticia, the new interview girl, is well-liked because she went on the 'net after she was hired and learned a lot about wrestling.

1/1:

Turning Point probably did half the buys that Genesis did, in large part due to the fact that it was number four of five straight Sunday night PPVs. TNA totally wasted the second Joe/Angle match on this show but nothing else would have done any better numbers

TNA originally wanted to do Lockdown in St. Louis and have Pierzynski and Eckstein involved but since baseball has already started by then it's not feasible. Plus, the building they were looking at in St. Louis won't allow blood and you can't have Lockdown without blood! So anything involving those two baseball players will happen at the February PPV in Orlando.

The whole Nash Paparazzi Challenge angle is leading to the finals at the January PPV in which there will be three judges, one of which will be BOB BACKLUND. And Disco Inferno will be another.

Spike TV has a relationship with an anti-smoking organization and that's why Ron Killings is talking about quitting smoking on Impact lately.

Spike TV has a relationship with an anti-smoking organization and that's why Ron Killings is talking about quitting smoking on Impact lately.
Or could it be that the anti-smoking organization threaten to sue? I don't think anybody ever believes the propaganda that is The Truth.org but then again those commercials were never made to be serious in the 1st place since it is produced by big tobacco itself.

The whole Nash Paparazzi Challenge angle is leading to the finals at the January PPV in which there will be three judges, one of which will be BOB BACKLUND. And Disco Inferno will be another.

Perfect time to use Bobby Heenan and other old school managers.

Anything that leads to Disco getting television time is good in my book.

Although I have noticed that my non smark friends who follow TNA are really frustrated/bored/confused with the Paparazzi Challenge segments.

Guest samoapunk

Thanks for posting these. I feel for the low card guys. It's got to suck when you work for a major player for that little money and have to pay for your own room and transportation.

I actually like this Leticia, she doesn't try too hard like JB. She hasn't been half as bad as I thought it'd been.

Bringing back Backlund is awesome. I've wondered why they keep talking about him so much in the PCS segments, figuring surely they would actually have to bring him in at some point.

Anything that leads to Disco getting television time is good in my book.

Although I have noticed that my non smark friends who follow TNA are really frustrated/bored/confused with the Paparazzi Challenge segments.

Wait a minute are these comedy skits suppose to lead up to something? To me it looks like a reason to put Nash on tv without having to actually wrestle and the burial of the division.

TNA won't be paying for wrestlers' hotel rooms or rental cars anymore. This is bad for a lot of the lower-card guys who only make $300 per show. Sucks to be them.

You forgot to mention the best part, that production people will still be having their hotels paid for.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, TNA refused to help pay for Konnan's hip replacement or kidney surgery. Originally, they were supposed to pay half for the hip replacement but now they say they can't afford it.