Size.

Size

Size.

Away:

David Aebeischer

Sergei Samsonov

Janni Niinamma & Francois Boullion.

Kings

Shopping: All veterans except Visnovsky; and I think Cammalleri's being shopped.

Wants: Prospects, picks, near NHL ready goaltender, like Montoya. Mostly d-men prospects.

Boston Bruins:

Untouchable:

Patrice Bergeron

Marc Savard

Zdeno Chara

Phil Kessel

Mark Stuart

Matt Lashoff

Available if you ask REALLY nicely:

Brad Boyes

PJ Axelsson

Paul Mara

Stanislav Chistov

Hannu Toivonen

Andrew Alberts

Throw-ins:

Wayne Primeau

Mark Mowers

Shean Donovan

Petr Tenkrat (seriously, please someone take him)

Jeff Hoggan

Jason York (fans of the team would chip in to pay for his plane ticket if you take him)

Currently shopping:

Brad Stuart (I've heard that talks have gone well from some places, and the opposite from other places. If he's not signing in Boston long-term, he's wearing a different uniform later this season.)

Marco Sturm (UFA, one-dimensional, great at shootouts. Has value because of his speed.)

Glen Murray (Big money scorer. Needs good passing center to be able to score goals, since he has no physical presense or desire to create on his own...wears an "A" because he's a veteran, rarely shows any leadership qualities besides bleeding and looking angry)

Needs:

- Grit. Not necessarily talented grit either. Raffi Torres maybe? Darren McCarty? Something along those lines. Someone needs to get in the corners and start racking heads. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of fighting, but it'd be nice to see once in a while without having to watch another team's games.

- Defensemen. Outside of Big Z, the defense is a joke. Bruins need a skilled guy back in the zone to hit people and play good, solid defense. Not trying too hard to create offensively.

- Goaltending. Tim Thomas tries really hard. But he's not a #1 goaltender (despite things that I have said to the contrary). He's a very streaky player. He can be absolutely lights out for a week or so at a time. But if he plays too much, he gets tired and his positioning suffers. He's had some very bad games recently. Very bad.

Glenn Murray?

Hell if you were a Boston GM I'd definitly throw something in to get him. No idea who I'd give up for. Want Samsonov back?

Want Samsonov back?

In a word, hell fucking no.

MOC was right in getting rid of him, he just didn't get anything back that was worth dick. Lucic (what that 2nd rounder ended up) may be useful someday, but I think the Bruins and their fans got tired of Samsonov's "skateskateskateskateskateskate" followed by a turnover, falling down or awful angle shot that had no chance of going in.

Remember that road trip you planned in September, in which you claimed we'd take a road trip to Montreal for the Cup Finals? That takes precedence. And by the way, I'm gonna renege (pull a Manley, if you will) on the blowjob clause of that trip. I have bad luck with bets involving oral sex.

The Ducks need a good defenseman that can actually play a full season. We enough have goaltenders for every team in the league.

In all seriousness, if Giguere comes back before the trade deadline, Bryzgalov will be gone.

The Wall needs to be the #2 goalie.

I used to really love watching the NHL but since the strike, I have really fallen out of it but not by on my own choice. I just cannot find any games on anymore, which is becoming increasingly frustrating and there is barely any coverage about hockey on my local media station. And they used to provide huge Washington Caps highlights (not a Caps fan but still). I didn't realize how far out of the loop I was til I found out tonight was the dang NHL All Star Game on a channel I don't think I have.

The NHL really needs to find a way back onto a bigger network. Right now, there is nothing going on but NHL and NBA and the NBA doesn't matter as much to me until after the All-Star break. Is there any news about the NHL getting to a bigger network of any kind in the future? Any at all?

Aside from the weekend game on NBC, I doubt the NHL will see any mainstream attention anytime soon. It's sad. ESPN just bought the rights to cover the AFL, yet they didn't want the NHL.

On that note, Pennsylvania's governor said, according to tsn.ca, that a deal with the Pens is "very likely".

This coming on the heels of a discussion on the Hotstove on HNIC Saturday that mentioned a possible two-team expansion to "even things out".

Hey, the Leafs didn't get their ass kicked on Saturday night for once!

And how did Randy Sexton get another job in the NHL again?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hock...?eref=si_hockey

First win on Saturday since Dec. 16 and the 9-2 Rangers incident. Fuck, December seems awfully long ago doesnt it?

I can't say anything tonight, Montreal was absolutely outplayed. No bad calls, no poor play or excuses. Toronto was a better team......Nope, doesn't ease the pain.

The Hub of Losing continues.

I'm too tired to get into it, but Wayne Primeau out there on a 6-on-4 powerplay at the end of the game basically sums up this entire season. And the thing that sucks is that as much as I want to blame Dave Lewis, what does he have, really?

Patrice Bergeron has been battling a lower body (I've read hip) injury for about a month now. He's been off his game, he's been avoiding contact more, not shooting when he can and dare I say, taking a night off from time to time. Savard is the lone bright spot, but there are no clones of him unfortunately. Kessel has come back more aerodynamic, but Lewis refuses to use him in key spots despite proving himself a lot recently. Axelsson is a defensive-minded forward pretending to be a first line left winger, Murray can't score unless Savard gives him a perfect tape to tape pass and I think Savard might have to take the shot for him too. Mowers sucks, but Lewis loves him, Primeau and Donovan despite none of them adding anything to the team.

The point is that Lewis can't motivate any of them, but he's been dealt crappy cards. It's hard to win the hand when you have nothing.

I'm glad the Oilers won, but dear God are they ever playing like a team of noobs. It was absolutely ridiculous how the Kings cycled the puck relentlessly (no offense to King fans, your guys did awesome), and I know Staios is off a knee injury but what the fuck was he doing taking stupid penalties? Ugh.

Glad we won, but we aren't gonna make the playoffs playing with the nerves getting to us.

Sure they lost, but seeing guys like Kopi and Jack Johnson play is awesome.

The Kings' slogan for next year?

That should be, even though I feel that the team will be much closer to the playoffs than this year.

Craig Conroy is back in Calgary after getting traded from the Kings. Kings get in return Jamie Lundmark and a 4th round pick.

And a second rounder in 2008.

Good deal for the Kings. Dump salary and get a young and talented headcase back. Plus two draft picks.

Craig Conroy is back in Calgary after getting traded from the Kings. Kings get in return Jamie Lundmark and a 4th round pick.

And a second rounder in 2008.

Good deal for the Kings. Dump salary and get a young and talented headcase back. Plus two draft picks.

I'm happy with the deal. Conroy's been playing like crap all year, so I'm happy that we got some picks for him.

The Flames play the Kings tomorrow in Calgary. Boy, that's gonna be weird.

Id like to try and pry Jeff Carter out of Philly. Now that Kesler is done go 3-4 months, we need a Top 9 foward with size and who can play center.

My God, can Ken Dryden ever talk. The Sens-Habs game didn't start until about five minutes ago thanks to Dryden's number-retiring ceremony.

He is a politician, after all.

I'd love to see what the Toronto Sun will stir up this morning. "Liberal cabinet member dupes lousy hockey team" will likely be screamed on the front page.

Montreal would be glad to get Carter, well mainly I.

Habs win tonight (wha?). I mean they actually showed up for once.

Ken Dryden should be Canada's next prime minister.