TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO Raw Thread for 1/1/07

Kickin' off 2K7 South Beach-style

January 1, 2007

One week removed from the fourth annual WWE Tribute to the Troops, Raw heads to tropical Miami on New Year’s Day to kick off 2007 in style.

A rap battle like no other

Less than a week before he will defend the WWE Championship against Umaga at New Year’s Revolution, John Cena will find himself in the ring against Kevin Federline in Miami. This battle has been brewing for weeks, and Federline has told The Champ that “I want some, so I’m going to come get some.” Will K-Fed become just another bump on Cena’s road to Umaga or will “America’s Most Hated” shock the world and upset The Champ? Tune in right at 9/8 CT, as K-Fed vs. Cena will kick off the show.

Can DX bounce back?

Two weeks ago, World Tag Team Champions Edge & Randy Orton left DX a bloody mess. Triple H & Shawn Michaels were beaten so badly that they needed to be helped to the locker room. Less than a week before their match at New Year’s Revolution, will DX be in any shape to attempt some revenge on Rated-RKO?

Last stop before Kansas City

Also at New Year’s Revolution, K-Fed’s buddy Johnny Nitro will challenge Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy in a Steel Cage Match and Mickie James will defend the Women’s Championship against Victoria. What else will be learned about the pay-per-view spectacular on Jan. 7?

Find out all this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

This is a big test for WWE. They could get up to a 1.0 bump at the most (although I'm actually expecting a slight disapointment) but need to hook those casual viewers and make them stick around for the night, even if it means pushing Cena/K-Fed into the main event slot with a multi-man match with DX/Hardy and R-RKO/Nitro.

We'll probably get McMahon's ass, Big Dick Johnson and the basic low rate Crime Time skit.

This is a big test for WWE. They could get up to a 1.0 bump at the most (although I'm actually expecting a slight disapointment) but need to hook those casual viewers and make them stick around for the night, even if it means pushing Cena/K-Fed into the main event slot with a multi-man match with DX/Hardy and R-RKO/Nitro.

We'll probably get McMahon's ass, Big Dick Johnson and the basic low rate Crime Time skit.

I think WWE is dumb to try and pop a rating on New Years. I'm guessing just a .3 ratings bump, I'll be shocked if it bumps over .5.

I think WWE is dumb to try and pop a rating on New Years. I'm guessing just a .3 ratings bump, I'll be shocked if it bumps over .5.

New Year's Day isn't a holiday that hurts ratings, that's NYE. It does hurt to go against the Fiesta Bowl but they get lucky as it's not a "big-time" set of teams such as the late afternoon game will be.

They couldn't put the match last week as that'd draw even less viewers and they wanted to actually promote this event and they couldn't do it next monday. Putting it on PPV would be dumb as people really aren't paying to watch K-Fed get beat up. It's free and a few extra viewers will be bothered to watch.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't see this ratings bump...

I watched L&O far more than any human should this weekend, and thus saw the "K-Fed"/Cena hype commercial 100 times, and it all seems so, so stupid.

I watched L&O far more than any human should this weekend, and thus saw the "K-Fed"/Cena hype commercial 100 times, and it all seems so, so stupid.

WWE is probably expecting 1.0+ bump, I see it getting maybe 0.5 at the most. Whatever they gain in the opening, will be wasted by the second segment anyways.

So who has been training K-Fed, I know kayfabe wise Mercury; but I'm interested to know what kind of training he's actually getting.

You mean Nitro. Probably nobody, most likely he'll get a walk-through before the show. If anyone did, likely Finlay. It should be someone like Shawn who would teach him how to oversell everything.

New Year's Day isn't a holiday that hurts ratings, that's NYE. It does hurt to go against the Fiesta Bowl but they get lucky as it's not a "big-time" set of teams such as the late afternoon game will be.

They couldn't put the match last week as that'd draw even less viewers and they wanted to actually promote this event and they couldn't do it next monday. Putting it on PPV would be dumb as people really aren't paying to watch K-Fed get beat up. It's free and a few extra viewers will be bothered to watch.

Tell that to JR. I bet he sounds completely uniterested in the show tonight.

They're will be some sort of ratings bump in the first hour at the most. I already know so many people who aren't even remotely close to being wrestling fans who have came up to me and mentioned about the whole K-fed/John Cena match. They knew the date of the match and the build and everything, its crazy how much hype this whole angle has.

You mean Nitro. Probably nobody, most likely he'll get a walk-through before the show. If anyone did, likely Finlay. It should be someone like Shawn who would teach him how to oversell everything.

If you honestly think that no one has taken anytime with Federline before today to teach him the in and outs of the ring and how to hit the ropes and the basics of learning how to bump correctly and how to sell and how to do certain moves...your insane.

They're will be some sort of ratings bump in the first hour at the most. I already know so many people who aren't even remotely close to being wrestling fans who have came up to me and mentioned about the whole K-fed/John Cena match. They knew the date of the match and the build and everything, its crazy how much hype this whole angle has.

If you honestly think that no one has taken anytime with Federline before today to teach him the in and outs of the ring and how to hit the ropes and the basics of learning how to bump correctly and how to sell and how to do certain moves...your insane.

I'm not expecting an actual match other then Cena chasing K-Fed around and maybe throwing a couple punches. That's what a walk-through would be. Just the bare basics. I doubt he's being trained in-depth beyond getting the running ropes stuff down. Hasn't he already taken a FU? Sounds like he already went through that process.

JR's going to either have a TV set under the desk (leading to a few "Bah Gawd"s in inappropriate places) of he's going to make a bunch of OU cracks to show how pissed off he is without actually saying anything. Or both.

JR probably is taping the show in the back and King, following it on the 'net will probably blurt out the score randomly just to fuck with him.

I would love it if JR had a mini-tv under the desk and started shouting "run, run, damn it!" during a rest spot during the woman's match.

I'm not expecting an actual match other then Cena chasing K-Fed around and maybe throwing a couple punches. That's what a walk-through would be. Just the bare basics. I doubt he's being trained in-depth beyond getting the running ropes stuff down. Hasn't he already taken a FU? Sounds like he already went through that process.

You apprently have never been in a ring before. Federline did take the F-U before but he took it really badly, he didn't bump right. His arms hit before his back did and thats a wrong kind of bump. For most people, it takes time to learn how to bump right, I really really really don't think he would learn how to bump all that quickly, plus there's a lot more to it than just having Federline bump. He would have to be showed so much more, its not even funny.

It takes time, you just can't take someone with no experiance in the ring and expect them to know how to do everything correctly right off the bat or less than 24 hours time. Someone would have to take the time to train him or he would get seriously hurt. Trust me, fucking up a simple bump could break your arms.

JR probably is taping the show in the back and King, following it on the 'net will probably blurt out the score randomly just to fuck with him.

I would love it if JR had a mini-tv under the desk and started shouting "run, run, damn it!" during a rest spot during the woman's match.

I'd find it even funnier if they showed a behind-the-back shot and JR's monitor had the game on.

Of all the reactions from people who saw K-Fed getting FU'd when it was shown on fifty million entertainment shows, I doubt many of them were complaining that he took the bump wrong.

Thank you. Scroby, you're expecting too much out of this and tried to take it as if I was attacking the training process (and I have worked out in a ring before). Im just saying, he's not going to be taking many bumps here because he doesn't need too. People will tune in for the spectacle and watch Federline run around.

If he got trained, it was likely by Finlay but since I don't think he's doing anything other then an FU bump and a cople irish whips, he probably doesn't require more then a simple basic run-through.

Of all the reactions from people who saw K-Fed getting FU'd when it was shown on fifty million entertainment shows, I doubt many of them were complaining that he took the bump wrong.

Your right but if your Vince...would you want Federline to look like a total joke in the ring or would you want Federline to look something like he knows what he's doing?

The whole K-fed vs Cena thing can draw a lot of people and can also hook people to watch more. So if you wanna look it as that way, would you want Federline to look like a joke in the ring or would you want to have it look like he knows what he's doing?

Your right but if your Vince...would you want Federline to look like a total joke in the ring or would you want Federline to look something like he knows what he's doing?

The whole K-fed vs Cena thing can draw a lot of people and can also hook people to watch more. So if you wanna look it as that way, would you want Federline to look like a joke in the ring or would you want to have it look like he knows what he's doing?

Seriously? The point to Federline is that he IS a joke. People want to see him get beat down and look like an idiot. No one will care if he went and worked a real wrestling match. It'd make the WWE look worse if Britney's ex #2 could wrestle with the WWE Champion.

K-Fed can take a good FU. Good enough that nobody who saw it on E! and the like were complaining that he took the bump wrong. K-Fed taking a good FU is all that matters in the end because that's the spot that got the publicity and likely the spot they'll tease to and probably hit tonight.

I wish K-Fed would bring out a posse of "celebs" at his same level of...fame. :)

Who wants to start the "how long until Umaga comes out to help K-Fed win" countdown?