TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

iPhone and iPod

I'd wait for the one in October with WiFi.

Oh of course. I am not a programmer. Let the geeks do all the work and I will reap the benifits. 400 bucks for a linux open source phone? Oh yes.

It ended up being a fake story about an iPhone nano.

It got picked up by a major financial website (I forget which). They later had to issue an apology, since it had a small effect on Apple's stock something might come of it lawsuit wise.

This made me laugh... a lot.

I seriously enjoyed the kid's smugness at the end of the video.

525,000 units sold this weekend.

Which is a remarkable number.

Figures.

Apple didn't train anywhere near enough agents to support it; they're throwing people from other depts into half-assed training sessions and instituting mandatory overtime. They'll be taking calls on it July 4th, too.

Fuck this company.

Oh, its not just Apple that does that. I won't say who I work for, but my job sure is Comcastic :ph34r:

Especially when you work for Convergys.

Yup

It's just terrible that a great phone was paired with the worst provider possible. It's almost an injustice. But not really.

It's just terrible that a great phone was paired with the worst provider possible. It's almost an injustice. But not really.

More like a mediocre pretty phone got paired with a medicore phone company. Its a match made in heaven.

Iphone: The Vista of PDA phones.....if Vista had removed alot of features that XP had....

A 300 page bill, eh? I really don't see that being practical at all. Or if they are going to get into detail that great, they should give you an option of getting an expanded or condensed bill.

Seriously, white moms had that hairstyle when I was growing up. What the fuckity is up with these kids these days getting housewife hairdos.

Thats not quote half you know. It went from 600 dollars to 400 dollars, although that is a pretty good price drop. Still too much though.

And they are no longer not selling the 4 gig model.

I heard it went down to $300. Either way, good value. BTW, it seems as though the iPod touch will do much of the same stuff (minus the phone calls of course) for a similar price.

Guest Vitamin X

The iPod Touch is essentially an overblown, overpriced iPod with 1/10th of the storage of what's now being called "the classic". They have it for at least $50-100 more expensive than the 80GB and 160GB "classics" and it comes only in 8GB and 16GB.

The good news to all this, is that I'm very, very glad I waited so long to finally get one, since I was originally going to get the $250 one when it was 30GB, and now it's 80GB, so that would be perfect. The 160GB is tempting, but that is a LOT of space, and I don't think I want to use my iPod for anything other than music. 80GB is more than enough, and at $250, it's a bargain. I'm going to have to buy this before Apple realizes what an idiotic error in pricing they made.

I have no idea why they would release the ipod touch. it kinda is pointing out that the Iphone is basically a ipod with a phone in it and not the change the world technical marvel that it was supposed to be.

Why in gods name would someone pay 350 for that thing when you can get the Iphone for 50 bucks more? Sure, its locked into the ATT network but comeon. Its only a matter of time before that gets cracked.

It's probably for everybody who said they'd want an iPhone if it wasn't locked to a mobile network.

I'd be interested if there's a price plan for wi-fi access. My current phone can make calls, and it's less likely to get nicked at night.

But its not a iphone anymore. Why the hell would you want a ipod that has a touch screen with less storage? OOOOOOHHHHH you can touch stuff.

For 50 bucks more you can get wifi and internet access. they have already figured out how to use the phone without the sim card, so just use that. Only dumb people or people that didn't look into it would get the ipod touch honestly. that thing should be 299 tops.

I just saw another story that put the pricing of it at 299$ for the 8 gb verion of the ipod touch so that is a decent deal I guess. Still not much space, but you do get wifi, so pretty decent.

The 160gb iPod for $349 is unbelievable. I mean, that's seriously awesome. Even I couldn't fill that thing up. If I hadn't bought a really nice case for my two-year-old one at the beginning of this year, I'd be upgrading.

Disappointed that there was no new news about Leopard. I'm terrified it's going to destroy my 4G Powerbook.

But its not a iphone anymore. Why the hell would you want a ipod that has a touch screen with less storage? OOOOOOHHHHH you can touch stuff.

For 50 bucks more you can get wifi and internet access. they have already figured out how to use the phone without the sim card, so just use that. Only dumb people or people that didn't look into it would get the ipod touch honestly. that thing should be 299 tops.

The touch does have browsing capabilities. It'll probably get a bunch of other apps too in the future. Storage space does kinda suck though.

I'm loving the insane bitching and moaning about Apple dropping the iPhone price by 33% from the people who already bought them. Come on folks, if $200 is a big deal for you then you shouldn't be spending $600 ON A FUCKING CELL PHONE.

I'm in the market for a new iPod (or similar) after my last one died.

I'll have to decide whther I want 160GB storage (which I'd fill easily with movies and photos), or the iPhone (unlimited data access and built in phone) or the touch (does away with the phone but double the storage), and rotate music on the last two.

The iPhone hasn't had a date or price plan announced for the UK yet, so I'll have to keep waiting.