TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

iPhone and iPod

This might have been asked before but I'll bring it up again:

Is there anyway to take songs directly off an iPod? I tried to do this but it wouldn't let me copy and past anything onto my desktop. I want to backup my music/ clear some space from my iPod and I need a way to export it (rather than delete it.

They don't really want you to do this, DRM and all, but it's doable. If you have a Mac - you can just download an Autoscript for iTunes that will export them for you. PC - I have no idea.

Yeah, I ended up finding this program iDump and I'm going to run it now and see how it works. I get why Apple don't really allow the iPod to transfer songs both ways but it sucks when you are out of space/ the harddrive with your music on it is unaccessable.

So I had to be jackass today and forget my IPod earphones in the back pocket of my pants when I put it in the washer with the rest of my laundry. By the time, I realized what I did after I spent a good while looking for them in my room, the laundry was already at the half way mark to being done. I was like "Fuck! My earphone are no good anymore! I'll have to go get some new ones now." So a couple of hours after the washing cycle finished, I took them out and tried them out to see if they still worked and they did! Like nothing happened. Amazing.

I have a problem with the ipod I just bought off amazon.com. It's a Classic 30GB 5.5 Generation. I've found the problem I am having all over the internet, but the ways to fix it are not working. I got it today and of course I knew I had to start charging it. I tried turning it on first just to make sure I needed to charge it. I've been charging it almost all night with the "Please Wait Very Low Battery" screen and then it lights up with an ipod help url (which didn't really help), with an ipod with a sad face on it. It's been cycling through this all night. I've tried to reset it to no avail. I hope I didn't just waste $130 on this. Is there anyone who could help me out? I've checked out forums around the internet and it seems as if many people have this this problem but when they say they fixed it, nothing has been working for me. It's worth a shot to try it here, but worst case scenario is I have to buy a new one since a new battery might not even work, let alone be less expensive than a new ipod.