TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blak

The TSM Suggestion Box

Jesus. My point was that it's not a big-ass deal. Most smarks bow to Meltzer in one form or another, might as well use his newsletter as a template for a section. And that's positive. Well-organized, dig. Wrestling and MMA fans cross over a lot more than MMA and traditional sports.

Guest Princess Leena

1) That's been tried many times. Hopefully it can work THIS TIME.

2) The mods have improved in responding. However, they still ignore people they don't like. Even suggesting that they're harassing them.

3) That's not how it works here. The main owner only cares about money, so he can build his little gruop. If you pay, you get your name in blue or red. The end.

4) I agree. The amount of MMA fans here is enough that it deserves it's own forum. Either way, I'm fine with it.

5) Agreed.

6) Who cares. There's so many damn wrestling/pop culture sites. Even if we did manage to build this site up to something in a few years, who knows if this place will exist by then with our current ownership.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
MMA Folder gets lumped in with the tards in Wrestling? Get fucked. It's a SPORT.

The whole thing about MMA's folder not touching wrestling folders still cracks me up. UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

Music and Movies are in the same folder, Curry.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder
Good call on the delete, boss. We're trying to stay positive here.

Positive and negative are both fine; I'm just trying to stay relevant and on-topic.

Agreed, but just wanted to give some positive feedback, since the post that was torched (not sure who did it) was a little antagonistic and probably wouldn't have helped matters at all.

But yeah, let's stay back on-topic:

6) Who cares. There's so many damn wrestling/pop culture sites. Even if we did manage to build this site up to something in a few years, who knows if this place will exist by then with our current ownership.

Well, as the first part of the point says, there is the option of tearing the whole thing down and assigning the TSM domain to an IP portal of the forum itself. I just wanted to suggest some different options because, as is, the front page is really an eyesore and it probably does an admirable job of repelling potential newcomers just by sitting there. But, overall, the suggestion was just to do something - even euthanasia, at this point, would result in an improvement.

I don't know about that.

I go to a few other forums, which have a main site that I never look at. I just stick to the forums.

The main site is certainly an eyesore and distraction to the boards. It's obvious no one here cares about it or is even aware we had one and it's harmless in that way, but I'm sure there have been many who found the current page and been turned off immediately. I know when I find a site and their homepage is ugly and badly outdated I don't bother with it anymore.

I say we should just tear it down completely and link to the forums, but the comprehensive database sounds cool, more useful and potentially more appealing than the site ever was, especially if we do something like combining it with the wiki idea. We at least have some knowledgeable people who had no interest in writing for the site but could easily get involved in something like this.

My stance on the MMA folder has lessened. It's still the same MMA folder, so who cares where it goes, the discussion is what's important.

Just from an aesthetics standpoint, merge TCS and LSD back into Forums. There was absolutely no reason to muck around with the layout in the first place. As long as the NSFW sub-heading is kept there should be no problems. Or at least put the Socket above LSD.

Just from an aesthetics standpoint

In addition I thought the first LSD and TCS moves were pointless. There's at least something to moving MMA out of Sports as a full-fledged folder.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I like LSD and TCS to themselves, because if you're at work, I guess you can just close off that section, and it's also members olny (OOOOH), so it makes sense. The way we had things before all the shuffling last summer with deleting GTG and moving LSD and all that was ideal, but I like the new setup too.

Okay, I don't know if this is really a good suggestion, but is there any way we can zap razazteca with a laser gun or something? Or at the very least, tell him not to use the same Christmas Story picture in his avatar and sig, plus a second picture, so that when all is said and done, his sig is about twenty to thirty-five times taller than his actual three-word posts? I finally gave up and ignored the poor dullard, so it doesn't bother me anymore, but it's just the principle of it, y'know.

There is an option to turn off sigs and avatars in your board options, under My Controls -> Board Settings. I've had mine turned off for about a year now and, really, I don't feel like I've missed much.

Guest Princess Leena

I know. I often turn them off for work.

But, some posters have fun sigs.

Perhaps it's worth redrawing some rules/limits on signatures?

No. Raza's is fine.

I hate the forums that don't allow certain things in avatars (no gifs or have to be 50 x50) or in sigs (can't advertise eBay auctions, can't have images, etc). As long as it doesn't make it so you have to scroll on the bottom of the page just to see somethings, let it be.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Well, I'm not going to argue this, because it's really stupid and petty, but 575 or so pixels is kind of a lot to scroll through, which is why I finally just bypassed everything the dope posted. I think a 400-pixel limit is reasonable. The best sigs aren't that big, anyway.

Why is there a need for the Graphics folder? It is barely used and if it is, it's just CS little cousin.

I'm going to change it to Side Feedback NHB. That way you guys can create the threads that I always close because they get off topic. You have a problem about something on the board, go in there and bitch your brains out. It will be NSFW.

Nice addition, Mole.

It's for what you used to do all the time.

There's probably a fair number of people that think that topics and posts in the "original" Site Feedback folder don't get a satisfactory amount of attention.

Creating a second Site Feedback folder (and prefacing it with a statement that moderators MIGHT look at some of these posts) doesn't really fix that problem, does it?

And, on a side note, are you actually discussing these changes with the rest of the moderator staff? Some of them may be able to give you some input on some of these changes before you move forward with them. Not only that, but these guys may have some other ideas of their own as well.

Half of the posts in Site Feedback get off topic and turn into a bitch fest.

It's just a test. The Graphics folder is just sitting there, so I changed it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll switch it back.

And I brought up everything you said in the Mod folder and no one has really replied to it. They think the board is fine the way it is.

To be honest, there is only so much we can change. The board is honestly doing fine at the moment. There won't be anymore Mods, no more changes to the layout, the mainsite is going to stay, and the mods are going to be less trigger happy when it comes to warnings.