TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blak

The TSM Suggestion Box

Make a WWE = WWE filter.

I'll call it WWF first, but I'd prefer to keep on calling it WWеF.

I even say WWеF when I talk about wrestling, and I've done so since day one of the name change..

Again, Id like to reitterate that there is no one forcing you to read my posts. If the way I spell things is fucking stupid, then so be it, theres a thing called ignore..theres enough stupidtiy on this board to sink a boat in the dead sea..

The thing is I have no problem with your discussion contributions. You're a-ok, Marv. You just use odd terms that no one likes.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Marvin, can you just explain the whole Marvin's World thing? To reiterate (one t), it's not what you say that's annoying, it's just strange that you call a Wii a Wii for no real reason. Like I said, if it was called the Wii but the ii was changed to !! for a stylistic purpose, to show how exciting the platform was while still generally spelling out their weird corruption of "we," but they didn't. This exists only within your head, and it's irritating. Did you arrive at this quirk through my same line of thinking, or what? I don't get it. Furthermore, it's not the W W e F. Just call it the WWF like everyone else who doesn't like the change. Furthermore part dos, one period ends a sentence, three periods compose an ellipsis. Not two (nor four or more), but three.

Guest Princess Leena

Sentences can end on ellipses. I use them to show disgust. I don't care that their purpose is supposed to be for omitting words. Besides, why didn't we bitch at bps who does that every sentence.

Or we could just leave them the way they are. When they get to 10,000 pages, then we'll talk.

How about 3000 pages and the frog ending?

Can we PLEASE do something about the search engine and the character limit? If I search for, say, Amy Lee or The Fly I'd get an error message, and that makes no sense. Just make it so that it excludes words like "the".

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Yeah, that's annoyed me for years. Though why anyone would search for "Amy Lee" is beyond me.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Spiderpoet was into that shit? I'm disappointed. He was a really good guy. I didn't agree with him when it came to religion but other than that he was really cool. I should probably add him to the list of the "TSM Fallen Posters" list since it's been a long time since I've seen him on either TSM or AIM.

No.

I just don't understand what the big deal about her is. Go into CS and talk about it there. It is merged.

She was in movies.

She had a tv show.

If you don't care about it, then don't read it.

I won't disagree that the fact that this is a huge deal in the media is retarded, but you should allow people to discuss it

The only reason you closed the thread though is because you don't like her or something. Why can't we discuss the death of someone who starred in movies and TV....in the movies and TV folder? What rule was the thread breaking.

This was merged with the TV one because I can't stand looking at this topic having three pages.

Why? She was a noted public figure whose death has inspired discussion. Are you mad she may have done more Vicodin then you did? If you don't like it, use the scroll down button. Don't be a jackass and abuse your power.

This was a stupid move. I had no interest in discussing anything in said thread, but closing a thread about a celebrity in the Movies/TV area so it could be discussed in CS - where no person should ever be made to go - is just stupid.

I know you have already re-opened it, Mole, but one important thing you looked over is the fact that CS is not available to most people when they are at work. There was no viable reason to close the thread in the first place.

Bob was someone I always thought would do a pretty good job. He's generally level-headed, which is always a plus.

Looking at the current makeup of the staff, adding Bob would certainly be an improvement. Locking threads because you don't like to see a celebrity get discussed in a culture that glamorizes and even worships the very concept of celebrity is not something a staffer should ever be doing.

Good call, Dr. Tom (happy birthday!)

I know this has been brought up before and shot down, but I think some folders need their own limited power (perhaps no banning power?) mods.

Pop Culture man himself, bob_barron, can run Movies/TV, AndrewTS can run Video Games (although with Smues now on hand as a mod, maybe that suffices), and so on.

IMO4ED hit the nail right on the head by furthering the point I vaguely made - if something of general interest is merged, it shouldn't go into CS because no one should be forced to go into that pit of despair (and as he mentioned, shouldn't / can't from work).

Apparnelty I felt strongly enough about this to log in at work, which will surely inconvenience me when I get home and need to login again (stupid security feature).

It wasn't just bob, all of the other mods said I was in the wrong. I closed it because I didn't like it. The fact that she gets 3 pages, now 4, disgusts me. Jesus, get over it. It's done with, it's back so type away.

For the tenth time, there will be no more Mods. Especially Bob. Even though he said it in CS, he said "did Anna Nicole rape mole's mom?" That is just mean and wrong. He is no way mature enough to be a mod.