TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blak

The TSM Suggestion Box

Sports forum stuff so it's fitting that I reply.

Can we pin the NHL thread? I mean it always gets lost in the shuffle upon other useless crap thats in there.

I'm not tremendously fond of pinning a bunch of stuff. It it were up to me, we probably wouldn't have any pinned threads in the Sports forum. Of course if it were really up to me, it would be the Baseball forum.

So..theres something wrong with posting vegas odds (over under win total for MLB teams) in the sports forum?

Oh..I see it got its own thread..hmm..

odd

I felt that those wishing to have a general discussion of baseball would get tired of skipping over lists of the same thirty teams with over or under besides them. It can get tedious. I felt it would generate its own discussion.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I feel that pinning threads actually hurts discussion more than it helps. I'm used to pinned stuff just being rules and official notices and things like that, so I tend to just ignore the pinned stuff and look at the top of the unpinned first. I mean, most of the pinned threads keep themselves afloat anyway, and if they don't, well, then they're not so important they need to be pinned.

Guest Queen Leelee

With CanadianChick no longer having moderation duties, I believe we need another female to keep shit in order here. Thank you.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Guys, it's funnier if you say "I wanna give it to..." in lieu of "I nominate..." because then it's a HYSTERICAL double-entendre. Like "I wanna give it to Ginger Snaps" or "I wanna give it to Leena." Laugh, now!

Fridge will clearly be getting 8% added to his warning total.

I would like it if ignored posters' posts were invisible rather than showing up as a bunch of boxes saying "You have chosen to etc"

It's still an annoyance and the person isn't really being ignored.

Guest Queen Leelee

No. The ignore function is definitely needed. Especially since we'll never fix the gimmick poster situation here.

What is the point of the warning system. I correctly got warned today, but what is the point of it.

The ignore function turns you all into a bunch of squabbling pussies who report problems in the same manner as saying their cable went out instead of displaying actual self control and ignoring things themselves. I suppose as long as we've got something electronic that makes self-control obsolete, we'll keep it. Wussballs.

Guest Smues
No. The ignore function is definitely needed. Especially since we'll never fix the gimmick poster situation here.

What is the point of the warning system. I correctly got warned today, but what is the point of it.

Just a paper trail basically. Say I catch Czech flamming. I look at his warn log and see he got warned for flamming before, so I ban him because trumpet players aren't supposed to flam. And just to spite him I'd take away his trumpet mutes too.

Guest Queen Leelee
With CanadianChick no longer having moderation duties, I believe we need another female to keep shit in order here. Thank you.

Women can't moderate. Their breasts get in the way.

Besides, they're too busy in the kitchen anyways.

Exactly where they should be.

Better make some pie too.

Plus, I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.

And if there's one thing we don't need at TSM, it's a bunch of bears roaming freely.

I did not nor care to read this whole thread, but I'll suggest that the only word filter this board really needs is a replacement for "jump the shark" or any variant thereof. Replace it with either "hackneyed buzzword" or "yeast infection" or something else that pops.