TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kesh

Predict-a-card: Wrestlemania 23

You know what I'd love to see again at Wrestlemania? I'd love to see B and D list celebrities to interviews back stage with the wrestlers, like they did back in the old days with Bob Uecker/Mary Hart/Vanna White. Was just rewatching old Wrestlemanias and they were hilarious.

I think Orton Edge is the only way to go. And a manager comes in the spring and makes them make up. Very Bulldog-Owen before Bret made them make up.

I think the same thing. Edge/Orton could be done without breaking up the tag team. Have them fight in a contender's match and it makes sense. They would both want the winner of the wwe title match for a feud post Mania. Their characters fit this storyline. One goes for the title, while the other waits to see if he wins the title to challenge him. Just do that until Hunter comes back.

So with Edge in MITB and Punk likely beating Nitro when he faces him tomorrow night, who helps fill out MITB?

Orton has to be in. They have nowhere else to stick him.

Kane and/or Booker won't have anything to do so I wouldn't be surprised to see them either.

With his recent involment with it, I can see Kennedy jumping to ECW for the sole purpose of winning a MITB qualifier and then talking about how he can't wait to leave the brand after he wins at Wrestlemania.

My MITB Picks:

Raw

Edge

Orton

SD!

Kennedy

Either Booker or MVP

ECW

Punk

Either Striker or Monty

good picks...but I'd wager MVP over Booker...aren't they supposedly doing a Kane/Booker match there?

and for the love of god WWE, please get Monty in there and NOT Striker!

Cena/HBK

Taker/Batista

Umaga/Lashley

MITB: Edge/Orton/Punk/Kenny(face turn)/Booker/Kennedy

Hardyz/MNM

Flair/Carlito

Benoit/Finely

Kane/Kahli

Melina/Ashley

8 Man Tag, ECW Orginals vs New Breed

1. WCW: Batista vs. The Undertaker

2. WWE: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

3. Battle of the Billionaires (special referee Steve Austin): ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Intercontinental Champion Umaga (w/Mr. McMahon and Armando Alejandro Estrada)

4. Women's 4-Way: Melina vs. Mickie James vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle

5. Cruiserweight: Chavo Guerrero vs. Super Crazy

6. Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Randy Orton vs. Kenny Dykstra vs. Carlito

7. US: Chris Benoit vs. Montel Vontavious Porter

8. 4-on-4 Extreme Rules Match: Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, The Sandman, and Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von, and Kevin Thorn (w/Ariel)

9. Kane vs. The Great Khali

10. 4-on-4: Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury, Deuce, and Domino (w/Cherry and Melina) vs. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, and WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick (w/Ashley)

Unused:

Cryme Tyme

Ric Flair

Finlay

Mr. Kennedy

La Resistance

Gregory Helms

Boogeyman

Scotty II Hotty

Shannon Moore

Daivari

Jimmy Wang Yang

Funaki

Jamie Noble

The Highlanders

Little Guido

Here's mine

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista v. The Undertaker

WWE Championship

John Cena v. Shawn Michaels

Battle of the Billionaires

ECW Champion Bobby Lashley (w/ Donald Trump) v. WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga (w/ Mr. McMahon & Armando Alejandro Estrada)

Money In the Bank Match

Edge v. CM Punk v. “King” Booker v. Carlito v. Randy Orton v. WWE United States Champion Chris Beniot

Street Fight

The Hardy Boyz v. MNM

Ric Flair v. Mr. Kennedy

WWE Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match

Melina v. Ashley v. Mickie James

Battle of the Tag Team Champions

WWE tag team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick v. World tag team Champions The Worlds Greatest Tag Team

Kane v. The Great Khali

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero v. Jimmy Wang Yang

10-Man Elimination Extreme Rules match

Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Balls Mahoney & Sabu v. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Kevin Thorn, Hardcore Holly & Marcus Cor Von

Pre Show Battle Royal (DVD extra)

Kenny Dykstra, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, The Boogeyman, Chris Masters, William Regal, Dave Taylor, Gregory Helms, Scotty 2 Hotty, Shannon Moore, Daivari, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Little Guido, The Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, La Resistance, Deuce & Domino

Here's mine

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista v. The Undertaker

WWE Championship

John Cena v. Shawn Michaels

Battle of the Billionaires

ECW Champion Bobby Lashley (w/ Donald Trump) v. WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga (w/ Mr. McMahon & Armando Alejandro Estrada)

Money In the Bank Match

Edge v. CM Punk v. “King” Booker v. Carlito v. Randy Orton v. WWE United States Champion Chris Beniot

Street Fight

The Hardy Boyz v. MNM

Ric Flair v. Mr. Kennedy

WWE Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match

Melina v. Ashley v. Mickie James

Battle of the Tag Team Champions

WWE tag team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick v. World tag team Champions The Worlds Greatest Tag Team

Kane v. The Great Khali

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero v. Jimmy Wang Yang

10-Man Elimination Extreme Rules match

Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Balls Mahoney & Sabu v. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Kevin Thorn, Hardcore Holly & Marcus Cor Von

Pre Show Battle Royal (DVD extra)

Kenny Dykstra, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, The Boogeyman, Chris Masters, William Regal, Dave Taylor, Gregory Helms, Scotty 2 Hotty, Shannon Moore, Daivari, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Little Guido, The Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, La Resistance, Deuce & Domino

The Pre Show Battle Royal are for those who arent competing at Mania so mr. kennedy wont be in it

I'm wondering to myself that with Orton as a given in MITB and the issue of maintaining Edge's WM streak, that if it's out of the question for somehow both to grab the briefcase at the same time be declared dual winners. Its certainly opens up more possibilites, booking wise and could make for some interesting dyanamics with Rated-RKO.

Just a thought.

I'm wondering to myself that with Orton as a given in MITB and the issue of maintaining Edge's WM streak, that if it's out of the question for somehow both to grab the briefcase at the same time be declared dual winners. Its certainly opens up more possibilites, booking wise and could make for some interesting dyanamics with Rated-RKO.

Just a thought.

I actually like that idea, but it'd be impossible for them both to get down from the ladder(s) with their hands still both on the case. What would be great is if both have their hands on it at top of the ladder, and there's a tug of war where they drop it to the ring below and one of the other wrestlers gets it (CM Punk, maybe?). That would be a great basis for a feud.....or one wins it (say Edge) and later in the year Orton beats Cena at a PPV for the title, onlyto have Edge cash it in right away on that PPV, defeating Orton. Orton (or Edge) is only champion of a total of two minutes and further sets them up to explode. (Course the problem is I can't see either being an effective face).

I don't know, but to me it presents an interesting scenario as both guys are hesitant to use their shot, because neither wants to risk challenging HBK/Cena and getting the title, but then being betrayed by the other when they cash in their particular shot. It puts a new twist on the supposed advantage of having Money in the Bank. Plus you can drag it out for the next year, and build upon on it if need be.

Of course they could do the lazy route and just use it to send either Orton or Edge to SD.

Just a thought.

I actually like that idea, but it'd be impossible for them both to get down from the ladder(s) with their hands still both on the case. What would be great is if both have their hands on it at top of the ladder, and there's a tug of war where they drop it to the ring below and one of the other wrestlers gets it (CM Punk, maybe?). That would be a great basis for a feud.....or one wins it (say Edge) and later in the year Orton beats Cena at a PPV for the title, onlyto have Edge cash it in right away on that PPV, defeating Orton. Orton (or Edge) is only champion of a total of two minutes and further sets them up to explode. (Course the problem is I can't see either being an effective face).

Perhaps they can break the briefcase apart and each fall to the ring with a half. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the duel winner spot although it's not that common with ladder matches. I'd just have a spot with Punk and Orton doing that tug of war on the top of the ladder and Edge sneaks up with a chair and swings towards Punk and sends him down but Orton falls with him and drops the briefcase right into Edge's waiting hands.

It allows Punk and Orton to look as if they both had the match won, sets up a way for Edge to screw Orton without directly hitting him in the crucial spot and Edge gets another sneaky ladder match victory.

I can't understand why they don't have a heel steal the briefcase. Christian teased it with Edge the first year, but I think that would be a great little story.

A close friend of Hogan just called into Observer Live and told Dave that the big holdup between Vince and Hogan is that Hogan is getting screwed on merchandise. According to him, it's a WCW-type deal where the UPC code reads "WWE Photo Album" on Hogan figures.

New Card Prediction:

HBK vs Cena

Taker vs Batista

Lashley vs Umaga

Edge vs Punk vs Booker vs Orton vs Holly vs Jeff vs Matt vs Kennedy

Benoit vs MVP

ECW Originals vs New Breed

Kane vs Khali

Melina vs Ashley

Chavo vs Yang vs Helms

Flair vs Carlito

Not a WM-calibur card IMO..

EDIT: Foley vs Nitro instead of Flair vs Carlito.

Finlay just feuded with the Boogeyman and they had midgets as their partners. The cruiserweights apparantly are going to get pushed a little bit more in the future. Guys higher up the card than Finlay have been left off the card before.

Finley is doing what JBL did last year with boogeman. Its a filler fued before MITB. He is a Upper Midcarder which brings way more cred to WM than Cruisers who Vince just decided to put back on TV 3 weeks ago.

A cruiser match may get added, but not at the exspense of anyone note-worthy

Batista/Undertaker: World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena/HBK: WWE Championship

King Booker vs. CM Punk vs. Edge vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay: MITB III

Lashley w/Donald Trump vs. Umaga w/Vince McMahon with Special Guest Referee Steve Austin

Kane vs. Great Khali

Chris Benoit vs. MVP: United States Championship

WGTT vs. London/Kendrick vs. MNM: Interpromotional Three Way Tag

Melina vs. Ashley: WWE Women's Championship

RVD/Dreamer/Sandman/Sabu/Balls vs. Thorn/Cor Von/Striker/Burke/Snitsky: 10 Man Extreme Rules Tag

Clusterfuck for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Pre-Show Dark Match:

30 Man Battle Royal

Batista/Undertaker: World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena/HBK: WWE Championship

King Booker vs. CM Punk vs. Edge vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay: MITB III

Lashley w/Donald Trump vs. Umaga w/Vince McMahon with Special Guest Referee Steve Austin

Kane vs. Great Khali

Chris Benoit vs. MVP: United States Championship

WGTT vs. London/Kendrick vs. MNM: Interpromotional Three Way Tag

Melina vs. Ashley: WWE Women's Championship

RVD/Dreamer/Sandman/Sabu/Balls vs. Thorn/Cor Von/Striker/Burke/Snitsky: 10 Man Extreme Rules Tag

Clusterfuck for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Pre-Show Dark Match:

30 Man Battle Royal

Great Card. Id like to see WGTT beat Cena/HBK and make it Title for Title.

Id like to see Nitro/Foley, with no MNM at WM. Replaced with Carlito and Flair. Maybe Regal/Taylor or Duce/Domino to make it a 4 way