TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, Jan 15 Issue

Punk needs to pay his dues

like Khali

and he needs to learn to talk and work better

like Khali.

So many great role models in the company right now, the agents should really emphasize who they are

by wearing Khali tshirts

Punk has Austin-like charisma

*snicker*

Punk has Austin-like charisma

*snicker*

When Austin was working as The Ringmaster you saw something in him that made you believe he would be a breakout star if given the opportunity. CM Punk does have that same 'it' factor. He has a silent kind of intensity, believable wrestling style and his mic work and facial expressions make his character all the more believable. He's playing a character much like his true self and those are always the stand out performers. I don't know if he'd be capable of bringing in the money that Austin did but the way he was booked by Paul Heyman was building to that and they shit on all of those months of building him to be a very credible new star. It's one thing for the fans in Hammerstein Ballroom to be chanting his name - they were smart fans and there were plenty of ROH fans in that crowd. Those chants carried on from city to city however with plenty of casuals, unfamiliar with his indie work, apparently seeing something in him to pop for.

Man I looooooooooove their ability to talk out of both sides of their asses in the WWE

CM Punk: Pay your dues you little know-nothing n00b

Lashley: Have the ECW Title Mr. Lashley and can I polish your car?

pathetic, but unfortunately not surprising

do any of you actually have common sense? if any of you thought CM Punk would make it big in WWE, you deserve to be laughed at. You deserve all the CM Punk heartbreak you're going to get. Who in their right mind would think he'd make it big in WWE? Especially with the corruptness going on there. It doesn't make WWE look stupid, it makes all of you look stupid.

Wait we;re srupid because we wanted the WWE to push someone who is really over? What is your point exactly? Yes, Vince will continue to push huge 'roided out musclemen. Austin is a huge exception to the rule, and The Rock just implausibly exceeded every expectation. Why on earth would someone be stupid to like a guy who clearly, yes, has Austin-like charisma, has a big push behind him, and a great finisher?

Even if you don't like Punk, you have to admit the match was completely counterproductive. I watched ECW TV to see CM Punk wrestle. He's one of the only wrestlers to make me excited in years. Now I'll go back to not watching any WWE TV at all and mining my old tapes.

do any of you actually have common sense? if any of you thought CM Punk would make it big in WWE, you deserve to be laughed at. You deserve all the CM Punk heartbreak you're going to get. Who in their right mind would think he'd make it big in WWE? Especially with the corruptness going on there. It doesn't make WWE look stupid, it makes all of you look stupid.

No, Member No. 9274, you are the one who deserves to be laughed at.

What a dumb fucking comment. People could have thought they'd actually do something with them since they took their time to sign him. Maybe people thought the WWE actually might do something smart for once.

Keep your retarded comments to yourself.

What a dumb fucking comment. People could have thought they'd actually do something with them since they took their time to sign him. Maybe people thought the WWE actually might do something smart for once.

Like pushing a guy with "Austin-like charisma"!

*snicker*

Speaking of Big Dick Johnson, I haven't watched an episode of RAW since he came out and molested Eric Bischoff at the end of the broadcast.

What? You mean you don't fit into that huge "gay with a fat man fetish, wrestling fan" demographic, either?

CM Punk is the real deal. I'm not some ROH smark...I'd never seen a CM Punk match before he debuted in the new ECW. That said, the guy is the total package, other than being a roided up freak. He can talk, he has a great look, and he can wrestle. If they're not going to push him, Punk should tell them to go fuck themselves so he can go to TNA and carry that company. Really, anything short of him being the ECW Champion by this summer is a total waste of time.

Really, opportunities like CM Punk don't come along everyday. I'm not worried about one loss to Bob Holly, but if this is indicative of how they're going to continue using Punk, he'd really be better off not being under the thumb of World's Worst Entertainment.

seems like you all misunderstood me. I like CM Punk. I'm not a glorified smark follower of his, but I like the guy. I was, maybe not clearly, defending the guy because of how corrupt WWE is. You all bitch and moan about how stupid they are, and then it somehow surprises you that they're doing this to Punk? I'm just shocked he wasn't jobbed out as soon as he debuted. I never expected WWE to push him, and it has nothing to do with him being a potential Austin or Rock type-popular character. WWE isn't in a good way right now building up stars the fans like, and if they see that and admit it, maybe they will start listening to the fans. But as long as there is no real competition and Vince is in charge, Punk isn't going to get World Title gold.

zio, from that perspective, I think what you said makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

It really is funny how WWE can run a PPV like Cyber Sunday, which is supposed to show that they're catering to what the fans want, but then turn around and completely disregard the crowd's reaction to someone.

zio, from that perspective, I think what you said makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

It really is funny how WWE can run a PPV like Cyber Sunday, which is supposed to show that they're catering to what the fans want, but then turn around and completely disregard the crowd's reaction to someone.

That's assuming that the fan-voting actually decides anything. I only ever recall hearing them say "Vote for who YOU want to see" etc. Doesn't mean we actually pick anything.

Ok, I see what you're saying Zio. The WWE, time and time again has just ignored fans.

This is one of those blatant situations where you just say "COME ON!"

The crowd loves Punk. Sooooo push him!

The last time WWE did something this stupid was burying RVD in the Alliance era. I don't think RVD is the be-all end-all, but he worked hard and was crazy over. So they buried him. Now? He's a pretty over midcarder. What is so fucking hard about oushing guys who are already over? Jesus Christ, it boggles the mind.

exactly, but it's funny because I still enjoy watching WWE. I realize all of the political bullshit behind the scenes pisses a lot of people off, but when I watch a show, I put all that to the side. I enjoy the shows because I watch it as a fan and I'm able to block out all the news I hear on the net, which makes for a much more enjoyable show. Which is why right now, CM Punk appears to not be in a bad shape, he'll just have to prove to his boss he can do it and work harder than ever. I'm sure you would want to do that for your employer as well, even if you are getting dicked over. He's got to rise above that and not do any finger pointing.

No, in most jobs if someone is performing well, they are rewarded for it. I don't recall ever having a job where my boss said "Well, you're exceeding your numbers and are extremely reliable, plus the customers like you. Fuck you, you're not getting a bonus this year." It's not exactly seen as a great way of motivating your employees.

No, in most jobs if someone is performing well, they are rewarded for it. I don't recall ever having a job where my boss said "Well, you're exceeding your numbers and are extremely reliable, plus the customers like you. Fuck you, we're sending you down to the mailroom." It's not exactly seen as a great way of motivating your employees.

No offense to Punk but jobbing him to Bob Holly is hardly on a level of what happened with RVD during the Alliance era. Punk is a guy with a cult following on 3rd rate show...RVD was getting bigger crowd reactions than The Rock. I should think RVD's initial push was halted due to a couple of reasons: 1. His own mistakes of busting open several opponents and 2. The fact that the WWF was actually in fact thinking long term (i.e. HHH getting the title back at WM 18) and truth be told most of the Alliance guys had no real role in that long term vision.

I recall the moment RVD first started getting buried, because I was there live. I bought a WCW (yes, WCW) RVD shirt, even got the goofy foam thumbs, and was excited about seeing him live for the first time. So what do they do? They job him out to Edge in an IC title match to open Raw. Clean in the middle of the ring. I was just mystified at that booking and frankly still am, since it didn't lead to an Edge vs. RVD angle at the time. RVD literally went from beating the Rock on SD the previous week to jobbing to Edge clean on Raw. At least the Punk/Holly deal will likely lead to future rematches where Punk should win.

Anyone else remember that bizarre Edge/RVD match from Nov. 2001?

I remember that. I thought it was a SD, though. I remember a big pipped in pop for Edge when he won and the entire crowd in the background was sitting on their hands wondering what the Hell just happened. Maybe it was a pre-taped Raw?

This was also at the time when they were editing out RVD's pop on SD so maybe I'm getting the match mixed up.

seems like you all misunderstood me. I like CM Punk. I'm not a glorified smark follower of his, but I like the guy. I was, maybe not clearly, defending the guy because of how corrupt WWE is. You all bitch and moan about how stupid they are, and then it somehow surprises you that they're doing this to Punk? I'm just shocked he wasn't jobbed out as soon as he debuted. I never expected WWE to push him, and it has nothing to do with him being a potential Austin or Rock type-popular character. WWE isn't in a good way right now building up stars the fans like, and if they see that and admit it, maybe they will start listening to the fans. But as long as there is no real competition and Vince is in charge, Punk isn't going to get World Title gold.

Thats a much better clarification.

If Rock or Austin were in WWE today, they would be buried, or have their character butchered like Cena, and I haven't watched WWECW ever, but is Punk really that over, or are you guys just overreacting because the smark crowd at survivor series gave him a good reaction?

If Rock or Austin were in WWE today, they would be buried, or have their character butchered like Cena, and I haven't watched WWECW ever, but is Punk really that over, or are you guys just overreacting because the smark crowd at survivor series gave him a good reaction?

Would it have been a 'smark' crowd if it was at TV taping? What does it matter if the crowd were 'smarks' or not? Punk got a big reaction. He's been getting consistent reactions week to week. It's not something fans of his are making up.

He's been getting consistent reactions week to week.

Thank you for answering my question. :D

Hey Stephanie there's a saying, I forgot how it goes, something like "the show must go on."

Somebody shouldve slapped her in the face.

Preferably big dick johnson.

Punk was really the only new babyface introduced and I cant really think of any new stars on the other shows either in the past year. His career isnt over but it's a good example of the role of politics and how it's onesided without competition. Punk also represents the cutting-off point for talent, as we're all used to them pushing guys that suck, but from what I understand theyre not even going to factor wrestling talent in their hiring practices anymore. Vince is going to try and run the entire company like the divasearch which he thinks is a huge success.

So regardless if you're a fan of his or think he's a star or someone with potential, you should really look elsewhere for good wrestling or good wrestlers, cause soon you wont even have the luxury of complaining about someone getting misused: All the talent available will be cookiecutter bodybuilders.

He's been getting consistent reactions week to week.

Thank you for answering my question. :D

Punk is over enough to be a top midcarder/potential main eventer (he's not over enough to be ECW champion) and having him get pinned by Holly (Who is a midcarder for life and the fans view him as a stepping stone instead of a guy in need of a World title push) doesn't do anything for PUNK but instead makes him look like a nobody just like Holly. I'm a fan of Punk's indie work and he hasn't shown his real skills as a main eventer because he's still learning that mundane WWE style, can't wait until he's allow to showcase his wrestling skills in a 15 mins. match.

heh!

Vince: Has Neidhart's kid had that tit job done yet?

Johnny Ace: I think so, boss...her tits look great!

Vince: Bring her in!

quote of the day material there consider it sigged

Hey Stephanie there's a saying, I forgot how it goes, something like "the show must go on."

Somebody shouldve slapped her in the face.

Preferably big dick johnson.

You're a moron. Her husband got hurt; of course she's going to freak out. You're telling me you wouldn't freak out if your wife or serious girlfriend got injured?

Yeah, but the difference is she's basically in charge of the company. You need to keep a certain level of composure, even in tough situations, when you're in a position like that.