TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, it sucks when you have to wait through 40 picks to go again.

Although, this is about the fastest offline "board" draft I've ever seen.

antics_24.jpg

Kings of Crunk select, from the City by the Gays, Barry Zito.

I had to do a quadruple take because I couldn't believe he hadn't been picked yet.

And I wasn't paying attention because this draft has moved a lot faster than I thought it would. I didn't think it was near my pick.

His spring training reports are not good

antics_24.jpg

Kings of Crunk select, from the City by the Gays, Barry Zito.

I had to do a quadruple take because I couldn't believe he hadn't been picked yet.

And I wasn't paying attention because this draft has moved a lot faster than I thought it would. I didn't think it was near my pick.

His spring training reports are not good

He's playing in the National League. Spring training doesn't mean anything to me, I just have to try and separate that from everything when I make my picks.

What is with the disection of a pitcher who is coming of a 16 win/150K/3.83 era season picked at essentially the 127th pick? Granted I am not the biggest Zito fan, but I don't see Johan Santana sitting around waiting to be picked at that spot.

Guest Queen Leelee

I was debating Schmidt or Zito in the 4th round.

Even though Schmidt is declining, he's reliable and gets more K's. And he's got a fat head. And Zito is such a hippie.

Apparently Zito completely reworked his delivery in the offseason. Giants coaches were unimpressed.

Bingo. I considered him or Dan Haren with my pick a bit back. I took Haren because of Zito's delivery problems

Apparently Zito completely reworked his delivery in the offseason. Giants coaches were unimpressed.

Zito changed his delivery because he wanted to better utilize the lower body strength that he gained in the off-season. The Giants pitching coaches were concerned with the delivery because they said the delivery completely different than his old delivery. The motion was putting added strain on his body. Since Zito just got signed for a massive contract, they didn't want him changing things and adding more wear and tear on his body. San Fran's pitching coaches convinced him to change back to his old motion.

Guest Queen Leelee

Zito was being silly. The Giants paid you lots of money because you throw a really nice curveball. We don't do anything that can affect that.

Guest Queen Leelee

Grrr... Piazza was one of those I was hoping would be there in 2-3 rounds. Heh.

This was a tough pick as there were a lot of middle infielders close in ability and potential, but I'm taking Felipe Lopez.

redlopez.jpg

I sure hope my pick comes up before 11 AM tomorrow, or it's going to be a long wait.

If you're not going to be available shoot MJ a PM with a list of names.

I have a bunch of guys that I want to pick, but haven't decided. I won't be gone for an incredibly long time, nothing longer than the wait from CW to iggy.