TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

The Keeper rule, for review. Pay attention to rule F:

Keeper Rule:

A*4 Keepers of any position will be chosen by each team at the end of the season.

B*Teams must choose no less than 4 Keepers.

C*Teams will lose a draft pick in the forthcoming draft corresponding to the round each of their keepers were previously drafted in. (for example: Albert Pujols is chosen as a keeper and he was drafted in the 1st round of the previous draft. Team loses first round pick in next draft).

D*If a keeper was undrafted, the team will lose their last round draft pick avaliable. (For example if 3 players chosen as keepers were picked up as free agents, and there are 20 round (I forgot the exact number), team loses their 20th, 19th and 18th round picks.)

E*If a player chosen as a keeper was drafted by another team and aquired via trade or free agency or waivers, the team choosing the keeper will lose the corresponding round pick that the player was drafted. (For example: If Derek Jeter is drafted in the 3rd round by Team A, and then traded to Team B, and Team B chooses Jeter as a keeper, then Team B will forfeit their 3rd round pick).

F*If more than one keeper were drafted in the same round (for example, Team B chooses Derek Jeter (drafted in 3rd round by Team A and traded to Team B) and Ichiro Suziki (drafted by Team B in 3rd round), team will forfeit the next lowest round (so in our example rounds 3 and 4.)

G*If a team wishes to keep a keeper for two or more consecutive seasons, team will still forfeit the round pick in which the keeper was originally drafted in.

H*These rules are subject to review and revision after the season at the discretion of the commisioner.

Ok, once again sorry about that, I'll be sure to double check my notes in the future. Also glad we didn't have a "Oh man, I wanted to draft John Patterson, but no....that's ok, I'll just draft someone else instead, I mean its not fair though you know..." situation. :)

Guest Queen Leelee

I wanted Barrett, too... but knew he wouldn't get to round 10.

Now, I must hope my sleeper catchers aren't taken.

It was a debate between Barrett and two other players, both of whom I assume will be gone by my next pick in rd. 12, but I figured it was important to fill the catcher spot with a proven player while I still could. It's going to suck to sit out the next 40 or so picks and see my entire board get drafted. There's one player especially I know I'll kick myself over. I'll be sure to congratulate whoever drafts him.

C Michael Barrett

h4JAfVgE.jpg

Nice pick. I was torn between him and Freel.

Also a former Shorebird along with Vazquez and Orlando Cabrera. The Shorebirds were an A Ball Expos team in 1996 before turning into an A Ball Orioles team in 1997.

Martin and Escobar were my next two picks, in that order. FUCK.

I was so sure that neither would be picked, that now I have to do a little digging. Horseshit.

Sowers%20Signing.jpg

Nice pick on the Roaster Kenny Rogers but Mr. Pine Tar's production and age is going to catch up with him that being said I choose Jeremy Sowers SP Indians

The Kings of Crunk select, from Crunk City in the Duurty South, Tim Hudson, SP.

449_5203.jpg

This is a player that I'm really surprised lasted this long. At the very least, he's worth taking a flyer on. If he sucks, I can make deals to fix my problems without sacrificing much.

Shit, I sent MJ a PM about my pick, but I guess he wasn't around today.

Sorry for the delay.

My picks is:

OF Mike Cameron

mikecameron.JPG

I was thinking about taking Quentin, but hoped he would drop to me next round. Oh well.

Sorry, treble, et. al., I had a busy day of classes today and haven't been online. But, Verne Gagne also sent me his pick and I am back in time to post it:

t1_francis_si.jpg

Jeff Francis, Pitcher, Colorado Rockies

Guest Queen Leelee

We need to pick up the pace if we're going to get all 20 rounds by April 1st.

Still over 200 picks to go. About 7 per day.

We need to pick up the pace if we're going to get all 20 rounds by April 1st.

Still over 200 picks to go. About 7 per day.

We'll make it. Worst comes to worst, if we're like a week out and we still have picks to make, I'll mandate a time for all of us to be on the board and do it rapid fire as is we were in a yahoo draft.

If anyone is willing to trade down (hint) because they don't see anything they don't covet (hint), I want to make a trade to swap draft positions for this round only...

(hint).

If anyone is willing to trade down (hint) because they don't see anything they don't covet (hint), I want to make a trade to swap draft positions for this round only...

(hint).

Hint. I veto this. Way too complicated already, we're not allowing any trades until the draft is over. Sorry.