TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

josh johnson, pitcher, astros

3 CG's Last year, 2 Shutouts, IN COLORADO!

I think you mean Jason Jennings.

uh, Yeah, sorry. my bad.

I blame it on the morning

Srsly. I have Josh Johnson, and I'd gladly give him him to you since he's projected to start on the Dl and may be out for the year. :angry:

Considering that there are O's fans in this draft, I can't hold off any longer on this pick. Otherwise, I'd pick someone else.

From The Wire, Corey Patterson, OF.

PH2006082600915.jpg

With my big hitters, I can take the OBP hit. Because he's entering his PRIME, he could be able to get that OBP up. I really doubt it though, as I don't even like the guy. Just need the steals.

Guest Queen Leelee

Corey's OBP should be up since he'll platoon with Payton. And I wanted him. Grar.

I was gonna take him later..hes not gonna play vs lefties so his #s should be up in some cats (.avg/obp) and down in others (sbs specifically)

Im likely to end up punting the SB cat entirely, and why Im putting emphasis on getting 2 good closers for saves and trying to pick pitchers with good K potential

Guest Queen Leelee

And that also means Corey drops significantly in steals. Which makes him just about useless. I'm glad I didn't take him now. Woo. I have 2 guys I want. Don't take them.

Considering that there are O's fans in this draft, I can't hold off any longer on this pick. Otherwise, I'd pick someone else.

From The Wire, Corey Patterson, OF.

PH2006082600915.jpg

With my big hitters, I can take the OBP hit. Because he's entering his PRIME, he could be able to get that OBP up. I really doubt it though, as I don't even like the guy. Just need the steals.

Corey's not that great though. He's awesome at stolen bases but he's VERY streaky hitting wise. Also, we signed Jay Payton who expects to get decent playing time and will likely platoon with Corey in CF against lefties (including opening day vs. Santana). Thats why I held off.

In the meantime, I've assembled quite the upside pitching staff =)

Saves? Who pays for saves?

I think you mean holds, although I might use my last pick on somebody for that that I have my eye on.

And I took Joe Nathan in the 2nd round and Valverde in the 10th will be a steal considering that guys like Eric Gagne went way further ahead of him.

What lefty starters play in the AL East.

Last time I checked, it was around 3. I don't need Corey for hitting. That's why I have Vlad, Howard, Cabrera and Hafner.