TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

To make the Sunday games active the Commish has to set it to Daily then can change it back to Weekly on Monday or Tuesday. I really really reallly want to start Maine on Sunday I need those innings pitched!

*agrees that weekly changes suck, esp. if an injury or two occurs on Monday/Tuesday essentially washing the week*

Given that there's a minimum IP of 28, meaning that you'd need at least 3 SP to hit 6-7 IP for your MR's to reach it (assuming they're "true" MR's and not SP listed as MR eligible), what's the point of having a weekly change over a daily?

Uh, i mean, i hate to be a stickler for the rules, but uhh, the leagues been up for awhile, with the rules, so we should not change them now.

some of us may have drafted differently if there were daily vs weekly transactions

suck it up for a week

i dont have time to do daily roster moves to compete with all this...just plan your starts accordingly, it aint tough

baseball doesnt change the rules after spring training, neither shouldwe

For the love of God, don't change it to daily transactions. Half the people in the league stop paying attention in May or June anyway; if we have daily transactions, there will only be three people actively competing by the end of the season.

It looks like I can't change it once its been set for Weekly-Monday anyway. So, as was mentioned, suck it up for a day. Nobody will be disadvantaged since no one will get any points that day.

And getting screwed out of a high draft pick cause the commish wants to do the "magic hat random pick" bullshit. What good is SLG% if you don't get RBIs?

And getting screwed out of a high draft pick cause the commish wants to do the "magic hat random pick" bullshit. What good is SLG% if you don't get RBIs?

Oh quit bitching. It was the most fair with 2 new managers who had nothing to do with last year's finishes of the teams they were taking over.

With weekly lineup changes the starting roster spots for pitchers are too limited. You pretty much have to play 4 starters if you want to assure yourself of hitting 28 innings, but then you only have 3 spots left...that's not enough to compete in both saves and holds. If you're doing weekly roster changes with a minnimum innings number there should be like 9 pitching spots. I guess it's too late to say anything, but I kind of assumed the setup would be more logical.

We got by fine last year, and it's head-to-head, so everyone has the same limitations when it comes to competing for saves and holds.

Yeah, I just got fucked in that regard. 2 starting pitchers out, and nothing I can do.

We got by fine last year, and it's head-to-head, so everyone has the same limitations when it comes to competing for saves and holds.

Right, I'm just saying that the limitations seem overly restrictive without any real benefit to anyone. I get why you would do weekly changes and have a minumum innings thing, but if it's going to be 28 innings and we only have 7 spots it's stupid to have both saves and holds count. Either the innings should be lower or we should have another P spot. Anyone who goes with just 3 starters will be running a high risk of not qualifying their stats for the week, so it's pretty much impossible to go for the win in both saves and holds....and what's the point in having two categorys that are so simmilar that you have to take an either/or approach to them? 3 starters, 2 MR, 2 CL and you may not hit 28. 4 starters, 2 CL, 1 MR or vice versa and you're just dealing with luck in one of the categorys. When MJ Styles was asking about categorys before the draft I favored holds, but with this setup they don't make any sense.

The point of a minimum inning mark is to prevent people from just starting relievers or going for an unfair advantage in WHIP/ERA, not to handcuff everyone and invite people to punt a category. Everyone has to deal with it, I just think there's a better way to have things setup than "everyone deal with this shit and if you try to win all 6 pitching categorys pray you get lucky enough to hit 28 innings".

I suppose I'll have to punt on holds now, which is lame, but whatever

Oh quit bitching. It was the most fair with 2 new managers who had nothing to do with last year's finishes of the teams they were taking over.

Expansion teams are suppose to suck like the Houston Texans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. :)

With weekly lineup changes the starting roster spots for pitchers are too limited. You pretty much have to play 4 starters if you want to assure yourself of hitting 28 innings, but then you only have 3 spots left...that's not enough to compete in both saves and holds. If you're doing weekly roster changes with a minnimum innings number there should be like 9 pitching spots. I guess it's too late to say anything, but I kind of assumed the setup would be more logical.

I think I actually drafted my pitching better than my offense..

4 SP (Bedard, Vazquez, Capuano at SP and Padilla at P), 2 Closers for saves (Nathan and Valverde) and a Setup guy for holds (Baez). I should hit 28 easily and at least have a shot at winning the holds category on a consistant basis if everyone else is seriously considering not worrying about holds.

Anyway..Im pissed off Cantu starts off the season in the minors..Im hoping my waiver comes through..

General response to bitching:

1) The minimum inning thing was voted on and seemed to work fine last year, so I don't see it being a problem.

2) There are 3 SP spots, 2 RP spots and 2 more P spots. I've got my team set up with 4 starters, 2 closers and 1 middle relief. I don't see what all this talk of having only 3 starters and having to choose between saves and holds is all about. There are plenty of spots. Part of being a manager is making roster decisions.

3) I'm sorry about people who don't get stats on Sunday but NO ONE will get stats on Sunday so its not entirely unfair. Its just a function of us taking forever to finish this draft.

4) Nothing I can do about our waiver rule, we decided all undrafted players go on waivers rather than free agency so you have to take what that comes with (waiting 2 days to clear).

Anything else?

The fantasy baseball week is always Monday to Sunday. I'm pretty sure that no one's getting stats in any league for the first day. Why would it be an 8-day week instead of a 7-day week just because the first game of the season's on a Monday?

Also, to Precious Roy, I think having 9 pitcher spots would be retarded. Since there are only 30 ML closers and there are 20 teams in the league, at least half the teams in the league will only have one closer anyway. All adding extra pitcher spots would do is give the teams that have extra closers a big advantage. I think having a standard setup of 4 SP with 3 RP or 5 SP with 2 RP is the only way to do it in a league this size.

3) I'm sorry about people who don't get stats on Sunday but NO ONE will get stats on Sunday

WRONG.

My Glavine start today counted.