TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

I'm having a great week fantasy pitching wise but due to weak bullpens from their respective teams the SP does not get credit for the win because the 7th, 8th, 9th inning pitchers like to blow leads. Screw the RPs let the SPs go 8 innings! That being said Capps and Turnbow are masters of the Hold stat.

There is alot of good talent still out there the big question is are you willing to take the small sample and future project if the player is going to continue being great or blowup after 3 starts? So who got Micah?

Yes, let's all pick up guys who are historically shitty like Ortiz, leaving consistent guys like Jamie Moyer for me.

And look, he pitched well against the Mets. What a surprise. [/sarcasm]

Screw Holds and Saves...

I'm going with a 7 man rotation next week. I picked up Vargas back up along with Rodrigo Lopez and the underrated Brett Tomko. Tomko had a 1.37 WHIP in 2005 and a decent enough 4.48 ERA. Vargas = Tomko Part II but with more K's. Lopez had a 3.59 ERA/1.28 WHIP and 4.90 ERA/1.41 WHIP in 2004 and 2005. Here's hoping he can hit those numbers again.

What sold me on Ortiz was how well he pitched his last start vs the Yankees, plus I saw him pitch a game vs the Orioles...

I also cant believe how well Rodrigo is pitching for Colorado but anyway I doubt he'll keep it up.

Fuck rain delays. Two weeks in a row that I'm going to get screwed by them.

In other news, Tim Hudson is a beast. What a pick.

After posting a 1.90 ERA and .97 WHIP this week, I'm losing both categories, because my opponent was slightly better in both. Not much you can do about that. Still frustrating that the effort was wasted.

My offense continues to sputter along at a rate of suck while my SPs imploded and killed any chance at my winning ERA or WHIP.

Currently sitting at a horrible 7-15-2 record and am in 17th... ugh.

Lost 8-3 this week which I think may have been my worst loss for a week ever in fantasy baseball. It was a combination of getting really below average production out of my offense and my opponent having a super pitching week with an ERA of under 2.00. I guess I should be happy to salvage the wins I did since I was still down 12-0 late in the week.

On the bright side, if I'm still at 11-11-2 overall despite getting virtually nothing out of my offense all season, I should be easily back in the playoffs if my team starts playing to potential.

I got Micah Owings. I had been watching him in spring training and he was a stud last year in the minors. I don't think the Diamondbacks intend to keep him up all season just because they don't want to kill his arm. If he keeps pitching like he did his first 2 starts they might consider keeping him in the rotation. Either way, I don't intend to drop him if they send him back down to AAA. My pitching staff is a cluster fuck anyways. Every time I pick up a guy that looks like he's going to be a consist holds guy the closer goes down and that guy becomes the closer. I want to get 3 Relief Pitchers into my lineup but I don't trust my starters enough yet to go at least 6 innings on a consistent basis.

My opponent has a dead Mike Mussina in their starting lineup. If their two starters tomorrow have issues, they might not hit the minimum innings requirement. I really could lose the wins.

Dealing with 4 injuries has put me in 18th place...

When are the rosters actually due for the following week? I came in on Sunday afternoon and was sent to the following week (I'm the team with Mussina).

First place with 2 crushing victories, this season is already a big improvement over last year where i was never far from last place. Gutting my whole team to get Johan Santana & Jake Peavy is looking like the best fantasy move i've ever made.

When are the rosters actually due for the following week? I came in on Sunday afternoon and was sent to the following week (I'm the team with Mussina).

I think you can alter the lineups for the next week up through Sunday.

Lineup changes need to be done before Sunday midnight to make the changes click on Monday. On a side note I don't think it is possible to get the 28 min innings with 3 starting pitchers it would have to take 3 of the top setup pitchers for it to work and even than without the weather delays it would be hard to pull off.

To try and get my inept offense going, I grabbed Cliff Floyd, Chris Snelling, and Jason Lane to give me a boost in RBI/HRs. *shakes head* Also doesn't help that both Schmidt and Lopez have now hit the DL either.

First trade!

Infinite93Intensity trades Frank Thomas to me for Derek Lowe.

Mock and analyze I guess.

The point is, I've had light hitting Troy Tulowitzki and Scott Hattenberg as my UTIL spot options, and while Thomas has gotten off to a slow start, the power will be there in the long run, so I'm confident he's a big upgrade. Lowe was expendable because of my surplus of pitching and has had a mediocre start, though should be solid in the longhaul.

Thomas is still getting on base at a decent clip for someone who's average is so low, too.

Thankfully my pitching has been great so far, because my hitting is still really spotty. Didn't help that I didn't get any production out of 3B and hardly any out of one of my OF slots due to injury. I'm open to some trade offers for one of my starters for some offensive help.

I need steals. Will trade anyone not named Hafner to get them if the offer is right.

Don't be afraid to make offers, it will stay between me and you if I reject it.