TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

I'm keeping Howard, Cabrera, Rios, Verlander, Garko and Hudson. If I change my mind, I'll say so before we start drafting.

MLB public enemy #1 Barry Bonds will be going into hiding since the media is back on the witchhunt looking for everybody who used "illegal substances" in pro sports so I'll be lucky if he plays more than 3 games a week.

My currently updated keepers. Looks like I'll be out of the draft a couple weeks early next season.

Vladdy - Round 1

Lance Berkman - Round 3

Francisco Liriano - Round 17

Joba Chamberlain - FA, round 18

Yovani Gallardo - FA, round 19

Josh Fields - FA then acquired in trade, Round 20

Im pretty much going to go home with 4th place.

sigh

If Valverde and Nathan get saves Id win via tiebreaker via lowest ERA but thats probably not gonna happen.

Fixed Keepers (AGAIN..I cant make up my mind anymore)

Joe Nathan Round 2

Erik Bedard Round 4

Javier Vazquez Round 8

Jose Valverde Round 10

Brian McCann (Keeper from last year, Round 18)

Ryan Braun (Undrafted)

One question I do have though, is are we going to put a limit on how many times you can keep the same player (i.e. if you have a rookie who goes on to All star status, do you get him for a 20th forever)?

I think we should put an at most, 3 year term per keeper (not including people brought from last season since it would be a mid-franchise change). Going forward I think a 3 year limit would be fair, you get the benefit of a smart move but don't get to ride it for eternity.

I assume so. MJ asked a couple pages back if there were any arguements against 6 keepers and no one ever brought any.

Speaking of MJ, does he even visit this board anymore?

So who's going to run this if MJ never comes back?

I like pinjockey's rule proposal. Being able to protect someone for an entire career was the main reason I was opposed to more than four keepers in the first place.

Eh, everyone has an opportunity to pick a star through the waiver wire (Braun, Chamberlain, Tulowitzki).

Revised keepers:

1B David Ortiz

3B David Wright

OF Grady Sizemore

OF Ichiro Suzuki

SS Troy Tulowitzki

SP Philip Hughes

Well if they don't have the stars that they can always keep, then they will be.

Although I don't like how the waiver wire works. Too many days.

I think MJ usually posts on the other board. He didn't make any indication of not running this next year so I'd assume he's still going to run it. If not I’m sure he’ll let us know.

The way I look at it. In a league this size you get about one shot at landing someone off the waiver wire than you are sent back down to 20th and have no chance at ever getting a top guy off waivers. I managed to grab some nice young players off the free agent list this year.

I'm not really a fan of the idea of forcing teams to give up a player after 3 years. Maybe readjust the draft round value of the keeper according to the average round they are being drafted in the yahoo public leagues after 3 years, but personally if someone has the top player in the game I don't think they should only have a 3 year limit on keeping that player. They should at least get the option of readjusting the keeper value that way when they get a guy young off the free agent list they aren’t getting him essentially for free any more after 3 years.

Or we could re-evaluate the way we use the 6 keepers spots. Like each team can only have 2 keepers that are declared long-term keepers that can remain on their team for longer than 3 years with the readjusted value. The rest of the keepers would only have the life span on the team of 3 years than they age out. This way the teams won't stay stagnant for years but managers have the option of keeping 2 core franchise players. Kind of like the franchise tag idea. It's complicated and going to be more work for the commish at first and in 3 years...but I'm really opposed to the idea of having to get rid of all my keepers after 3 years without having some sort of option to have their draft value re-evaluated.

BTW, that was a nice Championship match this year that I got t watch from way down in 18th place. A hard fought championship match between Deep Thought and Cuban Linx. That match up was in a virtual tie after the 1st week of the championship match up.

Deep Thought barely got the win with a 6-5 victory.

I suppose i can't complain, going from a horrendously shitty team last year to the championship game this year. Too bad my pitching aside from Jake Peavy all chose this week to fall apart after being awesome all year.

I don't think I made the playoffs last season either. Definately was surprised a couple of my gambles worked out, such as almost a full season out of Griffey and quality games from Burnett and Penny.

I will keep

Alex Rodriguez

Matt Holliday

Carlos Beltran

Dan Haren

Chris Young

Matt Garza

Once again, I dominate the regular season and completely SUCK in the playoffs

I got married. Thats my excuse this year.

My team was just too inconsistent (either the hitting would go off or the pitching would in one week with the other faltering).

The middle stretch (Week 11 - Week 16) really killed me as I went 18-46 overall vs. my opponents.