TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

So, Lita has a band.

So are Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy, Vampiro, Dale Torborg in the band?

She DEFINITELY looks like she's been hanging out with JEff Hardy a little too much.

Guest Princess Leena

Her singing definitely blows, but their sound isn't that bad. I was hoping for worse. :(

Well the production is poor, and her singing is poor.

She sounds like she wants to be the chick from Horrorpops. In fact, they could pass a poor mans Horrorpops. Ill stick with the Horrrorpops.

There's a lot worse than this. If they had a better production I can see them at least getting on the radio.

Well, keep in mind that Myspace isn't the place to go for sound quality, either.

For those wondering, those pictures were taken during their Halloween show. They don't do that for every show. As far as the band, it's a lot better than you'd think with Lita singing.

For those wondering, those pictures were taken during their Halloween show. They don't do that for every show. As far as the band, it's a lot better than you'd think with Lita singing.

Ah. I was bout to say....

INFLUENCES...

...Plasmatics...Misfits...DI...Buddy Holly...can't say I hate a single band on their list of influences, though Weezer and Manowar can be grating at times...

Overall...sounds halfway decent. Her singing isn't nearly as horrible as what passes off as "good singing" like on American Idol and such. Half of those bitches only do the diva shit because they actually can't hold a single note for more than a second or two. At least she's better than the singer of Flyleaf, that's for sure.

That song "All There Is" sounds like something that'd be on the Empire Records soundtrack, or playing in the background of a Kevin Smith flick, or even a Troma film.

Guest DogOn

Sound's like every other pop-punk band to me.

Her voice is nice, she just isn't a very good singer.

At least she's better than the singer of Flyleaf, that's for sure.

I'm calling bullshit on that statement.

Me too. The lead singer of flyleaf has... oh, what's the word? TALENT.

Then again, some of the stuff Cory listens to isn't exactly a shining example of vocal ability. Not knocking him or the music... just saying.

The chick from Flyleaf is....I can't quite make up my mind about her. Grating on the nerves at times, yet somehow very distinctive and original. As in when they come on the radio I know definitely that this song is Flyleaf. Lita? Not particularly distinct from other punk chick singers.

Not familiar with the terms "Glenn Danzig," "Samhain," "45 Grave," "Dinah Cancer," or any other classic horrorpunk/ghoul rock bands/performers, are you?

Considering I have the Crimson Ghost and the cover from November Coming Fire tattooed into one of my sleeves - yes, actually I am quite familiar with Glenn Danzig and Samhain. I was just stating that their style of makeup is more akin to what Graves used to do when he was fronting the (shitty version of the) Misfits - a more or less "airbrushed" look (there is more bleeding in the edging of the face paint that what you'd see normally) that I didn't start seeing until Graves started doing it.

Not familiar with the terms "Glenn Danzig," "Samhain," "45 Grave," "Dinah Cancer," or any other classic horrorpunk/ghoul rock bands/performers, are you?

Considering I have the Crimson Ghost and the cover from November Coming Fire tattooed into one of my sleeves - yes, actually I am quite familiar with Glenn Danzig and Samhain. I was just stating that their style of makeup is more akin to what Graves used to do when he was fronting the (shitty version of the) Misfits - a more or less "airbrushed" look (there is more bleeding in the edging of the face paint that what you'd see normally) that I didn't start seeing until Graves started doing it.

Well then, point made, and agreed upon. I thought initially you just meant the overall look of painting a skull on one's face.

Re: Flyleaf

It's fucking Avril LaVigne with generic nu-metal riffs so bad that the Deftones didn't even bother using them in the background. How somebody can find that style of singing - whiny, ear-piercing noise with bad attempts at the southern twang style - anything but annoying and suicide-inducing is beyond me.

And yeah, Matt, most of the bands I listen to don't require a lot of vocal ability. That's not me being sarcastic, that's me actually agreeing with you. Municipal Waste, Send More Paramedics, Zombie Apocalypse, S.O.D...their frontmen (Tony Foresta, B'Hellmouth, Ronen K & Eric, and Billy Milano respectively) just scream or talk, which doesn't take a lot of talent (but a lot of throat losingers). But I will say this: try to growl like Corpsegrinder (Cannibal Corpse, Vile to present) or the boys from Nile or Skinless and then try to talk normally. A good growl, in itself, takes a lot of vocal talent.

Well then, point made, and agreed upon. I thought initially you just meant the overall look of painting a skull on one's face.

Heh, naw. You know I'd give credit where credit is due if that were the case. :P Also, I might take it back anyway, as I feel dirty giving Michale Graves credit for anything other than being a douchebag. :)