TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

Rome season 2

I'm going to have to watch again today. I saw, of course, when Pullo was plowing her, but missed the story around it all.

On a side note, I'd plow her too.

That whole Gaia thing is just incoherent.

The lead-up to Antony and Octavia's wedding was funny to me. I guess because it was tongue-in-cheek or something.

Lepidus being ignored by the other 2 triumvirs was also humorous.

I wish this season was 13 episodes :(

How so? Gaia wanted Pullo, he turned her down, so now Gaia is taking it out on Eirene. Eirene tells Pullo, so Pullo confronts Gaia, but Pullo is (sexually) frustrated because Eirene isn't giving it up for him because of her pregnancy, so he gives in to the temptation & fucks Gaia.

How so? Gaia wanted Pullo, he turned her down, so now Gaia is taking it out on Eirene. Eirene tells Pullo, so Pullo confronts Gaia, but Pullo is (sexually) frustrated because Eirene isn't giving it up for him because of her pregnancy, so he gives in to the temptation & fucks Gaia.

I don't think she has any desire for Pullo. It seemed like her and the 3rd in command guy (forget his name) were plotting something in earlier episodes, and what she's doing doesn't make much sense given that. First she tried to get with Vorenus, and now Pullo, and if they really wanted to get rid of those two, that seems like a woefully inadequate way of doing it. I suppose if she's only in it for herself it makes sense to partner up with the top guy in the command chain. Maybe I was just reading the earlier episodes wrong and she really only wants power for herself.

She has a great rack in any case ;)

I don't htink she was planning anything other than attaching herself to the person w/ the most power. She latched onto 3rd, and was trying to trade up to Pullo or Vorenus. At least, that's how I read it.

I don't htink she was planning anything other than attaching herself to the person w/ the most power. She latched onto 3rd, and was trying to trade up to Pullo or Vorenus. At least, that's how I read it.

Well remember she DID try Vorenus first. He pretty much shot her down after their hookup though. So yeah, I think she's trying to sleep her way up the ladder. This will end up very badly if she causes Eirene to abort Pullo Jr. and he finds out.

I'm guessing the series culminates with Pullo and Vorenus killing pretty much everyone associated with their group, and leaving Rome together, or something like that.

This show has passed everything to be my favorite...Heroes, The Wire, Dexter, 24, everything.

I've been downloading and am finally caught up fully. Unlike season 1 I am digging the Pullo and Vorenus stories less than the political stuff

Man, from sex with his sister to needing to beat a woman to get off- Octavian is a kinky Cesar.

I want a .gif of the dudes tongue getting bitten out with "Titus Pullowned" beneath it.

Is it just me or has Octavian become the ultra dick heel this season?

He was quite cutthroat before he ascended to power. The proscriptions being a prime example. After the war was over it was a different story though, as he ended up being quite virtuous and benevolent.

I liked the call-out to Tiberius in this week's episode.

Atia's face turn is totally complete.

Gaia playing a face at the end is ironic. They didn't really play up her antics much at all in that episode.

The mini-battle at the end was fun.

Titus Pullo has been unleashed!

You have to hand it to the writers, as we're now rooting for Antony and Atia (somewhat) and against Octavian. Oh, and Agrippa is a woman, a straight up pussy.

Strong episode last night...maybe the best of the season so far, just about.

Really good ending with Antony meeting Cleopatra again in Egypt.

Oh, and of course Pullo's headbutt and tongue bite was awesome.

Antony is such a cock. I definatly root for him when he's at odds with the kid

Octavian: "Here is a list of the most prominent supporters of Brutus and Cassius left in Rome. We should... kill them... before they learn what we're about."

Mark Anthony: "You ARE a ferocious little cunt... with a pen."

------

Atia: "If a marriage was to happen between our two houses..."

Mark Antony: "I don't care if all Italy burns, I'll not marry him." (pretending Atia means Octavio and not herself for marriage.)

Another really good episode this week. I really liked the parallels between what Pullo did (killing Erene's lover and then marrying her and being happy) to what Gaia did (poisoning Erene and being happy with Pullo). It's like neither one deserved to be happy, so they just got a taste of what they wanted and then got it taken away.

Anyway, most of all, I'm sad to see the show end. There are so many really, really well developed characters that each have their own interesting side stories. At the very least, it would have been nice to see a couple more episodes squeezed in, but I guess this is the end of the line. Too bad Antony can't win at Actium.