TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

And did anyone else notice that little part where we got to watch Don West and Mike Tenay read their scripts on camera? God, do they have an editor? It's not like they're broadcasting this stuff live...

Yeah, I noticed that. I was asking myself whether they were reading scripts or looking straight into some screens on the table showing the action that was going on backstage, but I dont recall ever seeing those monitors on TNA tables like WWE has. That shit was so blatant. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, it looked terrible. They were both screaming their asses off while just looking down. Those guys need to be replaced and not because of what happened last night but because they overhype everything and kill every matches heat with their nonstop talking. They hurt the show so much. And yeah, the editors should be professional enough to have done something about that. That was just so bizzare.

Wait...Impact already aired? And on a Wednesday?

You didn't know?

I was almost expecting nobody to catch that Impact was on last night because I don't think TNA did much, if anything, to make it known about the change.

Hey, they sent a message around to everyone on their myspace and... y'know, the internet's the future and... err...

It annoys me so much when TNA fuck things up like this as it's just common fucking sense to make a big play on last weeks Impact about next week being on a Wednesday. Even not being live they should be able to add post-production stuff, surely?

Shit like this wouldn't happen if you just gave the guys bullet points and then let them get on with it instead of giving them scripts you insist they follow word for word.

Holy shit. That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on a wrestling show, from a production standpoint.

Not to mention that it's funny as hell.

http://tnaiswellproduced.ytmnd.com/

37cef42504c36da99ad6b2cd41437d40.gif

Promotion continues to be one of their biggest problems. How is it you are going to air on a Wednesday and you DON'T let the fans who haven't bothered to subscribe to your myspace blog know about it? Are we supposed to just turn on SpikeTV every night at 9 just to make sure TNA isn't on?

They suck at getting their name out there and they still royally suck at alerting people as to changes. You'd think by now they would have hired someone whose job it was to promote TNA. They hired tons of production and yet it seems like they forgot they need to make the public aware they exist. Last year I was giving them a little slack, but not on this anymore. You have Sting, Kurt Angle, Christian, Rhino and Playboy girl Christy Hemme. PROMOTE IT!

The really sad part, to make things that much worse, is that TNA is the one that actually uploaded that video to YouTube? Why would they upload that clip and leave that screwup in?

I bet they forgot to shake somebody's hand before the show...that or Terry Taylor, Shane Douglas, Kevin Nash wants their jobs.

They suck at getting their name out there and they still royally suck at alerting people as to changes. You'd think by now they would have hired someone whose job it was to promote TNA. They hired tons of production and yet it seems like they forgot they need to make the public aware they exist. Last year I was giving them a little slack, but not on this anymore. You have Sting, Kurt Angle, Christian, Rhino and Playboy girl Christy Hemme Gail Kim and Miss Tennessee Jaquline. PROMOTE IT!

They have 2 legit women pro wrestlers and you want to promote Tits and Ass?!?!?!?!

it's ok they had the first match 20 minutes into the show (cause the action was so nonstop they didnt have time for more) and then the main event, which only went a few minutes. Dont remember what it was.

and the night change was when they reveal the big Abyss secret. Actually that may help viewership and buyrates.

The script thing was awesome. I kinda thought that, but it could also be the format sheets and they were just looking at the monitors. Why do they even need to be there anyway, they could call the match in postproduction.

If you have high expectations for tna I wouldnt watch it. The only think I liked was it was an offnight for the wrestlers, meaning the top guys didnt have to work 3 matches in one night like they sometimes do for a taping.

Yeah, I actually thought they were "supposed" to be looking at the monitors for when Sting and Abyss were brawling in the back?

When I first saw the show, I didn't even notice the papers of the table and assumed they were looking at their monitors. However, when you look at the clip, it seems kinda obvious their reading something. You look closely and you can see Don West's head moving as if he's reading something. Hell, you can even see him open his mouth and pause before yelling whatever it was he yelled.

Impact needs more cowbell, Sabin vs Jerry Lynn, Raven's Eyes Wide Shut masquerade craziness, more evil AJ and more Joe brawling Angle for good measure.

What was the point of showing them during that scene in the first place?

When Abyss threw Sting threw the back door to the outside, there were apparently no cameras stationed out there. They cut to West and Tenay who were screaming to get a camera out there so they could follow the brawl. I guess they felt cutting back to the announcers would give the angle a "real,unprepared" feeling. Or something. That's the way I took it anyhow.

When Abyss threw Sting threw the back door to the outside, there were apparently no cameras stationed out there. They cut to West and Tenay who were screaming to get a camera out there so they could follow the brawl. I guess they felt cutting back to the announcers would give the angle a "real,unprepared" feeling. Or something. That's the way I took it anyhow.

IT would help if the announcers actually looked "real" or "unprepared" instead of sitting there like two fools and reading off the damn script. If this doesn't get them to change up the announcing I don't know what will.

Annoucing that Abyss shot his dad in the back 3 times = Fonzie jumping the shark.

Guest DogOn

I get the feeling that Russo watches to much crappy TV drama shows. Total WCW in the late 90s.

The fact that TNA is using scripts for live action just blows my mind. I wonder if the headsets even work? Or is it a busted pair that they stole from WWE's garbage?

IT would help if the announcers actually looked "real" or "unprepared" instead of sitting there like two fools and reading off the damn script. If this doesn't get them to change up the announcing I don't know what will.

Why is everyone so sure it's a word for word script? They're probably just notes and what West is reading before that is that he has to hype the "hurry" for the camera, if in fact he's even reading off the papers - it looks like he's looking at the monitor to me - his hands are even ON the sides of the monitor if you watch closely.

I highly doubt they'd have a script for this kind of brawl as you can never actually be sure how much the wrestlers are going to do before they get from point A to point me. Just seems like a lot of you are jumping the gun for a simple camera switch screw up.