TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Need a laptop

Ok, what are SATA hard drives and why would a MacBook be better than say, a Pavilion dv6000t.

I'm basically going to be using it for music, movies and school. Don't care about games.

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not get a Dell laptop, OR any Dell computer system.

I have a Gateway laptop, it's awesome. I don't know the model type though.

This looks good:

http://gateway.com/products/gconfig/prodhm...860&clv=Img

Ok, what are SATA hard drives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

and why would a MacBook be better than say, a Pavilion dv6000t.

I'm basically going to be using it for music, movies and school. Don't care about games.

Well a MacBook is better than a Pavillion because it is a Mac. Sometimes Macs are intimidating at first, but once you learn it, they are much better. Windows Vista is basically a copy of OSX because they realized that OSX was better. Plus with a Mac, it's very hard to get a virus or any spyware.

The one downside to Macs is that it's harder to find software for them, but VersionTracker has a lot of stuff.

I used to be anti-Mac, but once I got one I can't stand using anything with Windows.

Looks nice. Could use a bigger hard drive though.

What's the problem with Dell laptops?

First, and formost, the customer service they offer. All Arabic speaking people will try and help you with your problems, only thing is that they cause more problems because you cannot understand a word they're saying. And, I had a Dell desktop, I had to have the motherboard replaced FOUR times, it kept freezing up my system, and frying itself.