TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Chris Sligh and Haley are probably locked for the bottom. Haley might be able to stretch her looks out another week but no further baring a complete collapse from someone else. Sligh? Might have burst too soon.

why are they doing Stefani's songs? horrible...

overrun???

They announced a over-run earlier. Of course, to counter DWTS. Well, Stefani is the guest. They just are doing the bad ones. No Doubt had a few good ones.

Overrun will just help House carry more viewers to askew the ratings.

That's not the reason. House is already a top 5 show. It's a top rated show without AI.

It's tokeep people from switching right over to DWTS.

yeah but I dunno, it's like, Stefani/No Doubt isn't the theme for the week...I can understand the Diana Ross week because it was all about HER songs, but with all the songs they could have done, why suck up and do hers?

Guest Queen Leelee

I'll be watching this on TV, so that means I'll be posting to myself in 35 minutes.

Ok, Phil was creepy enough without singing that stalker song by The Police.

Also, it's pretty apparent that the producers are protecting Melinda with the songs available from which to choose.

I only caught the last two performances and the recap this week, but I thought Jordin was horrible, Sanjaya looked like a fucking retard (I hate him more every week), and I've decided that this is by far the worst top 10 yet.

My rankings for tonight's show, from top to bottom.

1. LaKisha

2. Blake

3. Melinda

4. Gina

5. Phil

6. Jordin

7. Haley*

8. Chris R

9. Sanjaya*

10. Chris S*

*-Bottom three.

My rankings for tonight's show, from top to bottom.

1. LaKisha

2. Blake

3. Melinda

4. Gina

5. Phil

6. Jordin

7. Haley*

8. Chris R

9. Sanjaya*

10. Chris S*

*-Bottom three.

I had:

1. Phil

Melinda

Gina

3. Chris R.

4. Lakisha

Haley*

6. Blake

7. Jordin

8. Chris S.*

9. Sanjaya*

Jordin was pretty shite tonight. Energetic movement without much energy, if that makes any sense.

Chris or Haley get the boot. Sanjaya again channels his inner Bauer and escapes.

That's not the reason. House is already a top 5 show. It's a top rated show without AI.

Yeah, and House getting even better ratings is somehow a bad thing?

House isn't going to get higher ratings. It's already a top five program. It was to keep people from turning to ABC at 9:00.

House isn't going to get higher ratings. It's already a top five program. It was to keep people from turning to ABC at 9:00.

Yeah, you keep saying that. We know that it was a DWTS counter-program thing.

My amended question - If more people end up watching House because of the overrun, is this a bad thing?

Here's the thing about Sanjaya. He is consistently one of the worst on here every week, yet each week there is always someone who totally blows it worse than him. He's just consistently mediocre and to be quite honest I preferred his No Doubt song tonight to either Chris Richardson (who completely blew Don't Speak something fierce) or Jordin Sparks. Hey Baby isn't any good to begin with.

Shocked that Sanjaya chose Bathwater....I figured he'd try Just a Girl or Sunday Morning!

Anyway I think either Sligh or Richardson is gone. I'm leaning towards Sligh since he even seemed to realize he sucked while he was doing the Police song.

Either way I was glad to see Gina back on track tonight after that debacle with Paint it Black last week. Stuff like The Pretenders she can do well....Stones not so much.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE VIEWERSHIP OF HOUSE TO INCREASE. THE RATINGS ARE AT A SATURATION POINT! ONE MORE VIEWER AND THE SHOW COULD EXPLODE

My ratings fall pretty well in line with Hawk's.

1. Melinda (and by a wide margin)

2. Blake

3. Lakisha

4. Gina

5. Phil

6. Chris Richardson

7. Haley

8. Jordin

9. Chris Sligh

10. Sanjaya

Blake, though, is the one making all the right decisions, showing tonight he knows when to just be a singer. Randy talks about Melinda as a "pro," and he's not wrong, but Blake seems like the most complete package to me.

I got tricked into watching this show due to House starting late.

My thoughts:

1) That guy who did the Police sounded just like Sting, from what I heard. Good job.

2) The white chick in the tight dress sounded a lot like whatever song she was covering. I remember thinking that but I forgot the song. She looked good.

3) Someone else butchered The Cure. Sigh.

4) SO many No Doubt songs, and they sung many of the crappy ones. I still like Bathwater tho.

You know what else was proven last night, to me at least?

Gwen Stefani is just flat out beautiful when she isn't looking like a freak. Most of the time I think she's gross.

You could tell that Gwen Stefani didn't really like any of these people. Maybe some resentment there, I dunno. But then she actually did pay some dues in a band for years before finally hitting it big around 1996.