TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

That was about as blatent as a fix could be at the end. Jordin was terrible IMO, and they could not even stop slurping her. The song was brutal, and Blake wasn't good to be sure, but Jordin might have been worse. She certainly didn't deserve any of the praise.

It's obvious that Jordin is going to win, especially with that ultra lame final song. It wasn't exactly Blake's strength since it's the sort of sappy ballad type song he can't do at all.

It's obviously Jordin. It's almost like that song was written for her and the producers were laughing at Blake when they selected it as the single.

Jordin's rendition of the final song was entirely lame. Overly emotional and sappy; it's the kind of shit that'll be on the radio non-stop for two weeks. Then she'll disappear just like all the others. I can't believe anyone buys into their overpimping - did you know she was 17? didja? ...how bout now? no? ... okay, let's repeat it one more time AND HAMMER IT INTO YOUR BRAIN - fucking lunacy.

And I'm not saying that as a Blake fangirl because, honestly, he sucked tonight too. I missed their first set of songs - I care that much about the show - and I'm glad I did. I loathe his beatbox version of 'You Give Love a Bad Name', and his vocals always seem like they're overreaching.

Anyway. DialIdol has Jordin set to win with 6.7 points more than Blake. As if that's a surprise to anyone.

Oh yeah, Blake was clearly worse (especially on the last song), but no one can tell me that Jordin did anything that was close to meriting the praise they threw her way.

Carrie was most definately not under the radar. She was the chosen one from the start of the season, and the judges let you know it. How can someone that Simon declares the winner at mid-season and basically says is "better than Kelly" be under the radar? The only thing I can think of is that you just weren't a fan and thus seriously underestimated her. But there is no doubt that Carrie was the most obvious winner in the show's history and probably will remain that.

You know that Simon says a lot of stuff during the season, right? There's a lot of "you could win American Idol" and what not. But yes, he did outright declare Carrie the winner halfway through the season, yet at the same time, people focused on Bo's performances, or Constantine's eye-fucking, or Savol pointing to the sky and thanking Jesus. As I said, all Carrie was, simply, was consistent, and never super-memorable. If you want to call that underestimating, well then that's fine by me.

And yes, she was never in the bottom three. Bo? Was there once.

It was a fantastic performance, but it wasn't even close to being enough to catch him up to Carrie. She was given the title on day one. Half way through the season Simon declared her the winner and said she would sell more albums than any previous idol before her. There was no way she wasn't winning. She never even made an appearance in the bottom 3 if I recall correctly.

I think that Carrie was the ultimate under the radar (well, as UTR as you can get when you have to stand on a stage and sing) competitor on this show. She wasn't always the best singer on any given day, but she was consistent and she never really had a bad night. But to me, her performances were just... there. Nothing to really write home about. But then the finale hit, and it was pretty obvious that the "hit single" wasn't designed for Bo Bice. Thus, all Carrie had to do was stay consistent.

Bo got jobbed because the cute-but somewhat bland blonde chick would sell more records than the somewhat dirty looking guy who appeared in TSG. Obviously, they were right. Good call, 19 Entertainment.

1. Carrie had plenty of memorable performaces, most notable singing Cryin by Roy.

2. The point of the is to produce the best singer and/or the most sucsessful future singer. Carrie's voice blows Bo's away and Carrie's album is wildly sucsessful. So in no way shape or form can Bo be jobbed

3. Where is Bo now? Clay, Daughtrey, and even Pickler and Mcphee are more sucsessful than he is for a record POV. If he was so good, he would have made a decent record.

Point 1 - I honestly don't remember any of her performances except for the single, which isn't the best sample of anyone's ability. Seriously, who approves these songs for release?

Your point 2 is wrong. The show is a popularity contest based around singing - and in the finale, blatant pimpage from Randy and Paula. The recording contract is a carrot for contestants, but for Fox and 19 Entertainment, the show is what's important. If an album sells well, that's icing on the cake. As I previously pointed out, if the show were out to have the best singer win, Taylor Hicks wouldn't have won the title of American Idol, and Anwar Robinson would have at the very least been a finalist in season 4.

Bo is, was and always will be a strong singer. I daresay that he is a better singer than Carrie. But the "hit single" is usually some sappy ballad, and like Justin, Blake and yes, Taylor, the song just comes off as cheesy when a guy sings it. It's very hard to overcome that, and Bo didn't. Carrie was once again consistent. She was good, but wasn't great, but since the "hit single" always sucks I discount for that. Good is generally good enough as far as the single goes.

But let's face it - Bo had already appeared in TSG. You don't think that that had any influence on the two bobbleheads pimping Carrie at all?

As for point 3, remember that 19 Entertainment owns their ass, and once you have a winner, it's up to them to "prove" that the winner was the right pick. How many 2nd place finishers have had an album better than the winner? One, and I don't even want to get into how they pushed Ruben aside so that they could make Clay Aiken a pseudo-star. They get their one album, and are pushed aside for the next second place finisher. I don't think that this is more obvious than with the season 5 crew. Taylor's songs were bad. McPhee's were worse. So Bo putting out a craptastic album? Unsurprising to me.

This season, I figure that Blake is one and done anyway as far as singing goes. They'll probably give him a cushy office job at 19 Entertainment, so album quality is probably a non-factor. Jordin's gonna need a lot of production and direction to get a decent album out.

Jordin... well, she's gonna need some help to make a successful album. But hey, Paris fucking Hilton had a song that wasn't entirely horrible (just bland) and 19 has managed to sustain Posh Beckham's career, so putting together something for a girl who has infinitely more potential than those two should be easy. Right?

1. Carrie had plenty of memorable performaces, most notable singing Cryin by Roy.

I thought her most memorable performance and the one that won her the show was "Alone" by Heart. I believe that was the song Simon made his prediction of her winning after too.

I was annoyed at how obviously they jobbed Blake. I mean, come on. At least in seasons past both finalists got to sing their own horrible single. To force Blake to butcher the kind of crappy pop ballad that Jordin has been singing all season was just silly.

2 hours. What the fuck.

It's always 2 hours. If FOX could extend it another hour, they would. Kelly has redeemed herself for the last time she was on the show.

Just tuned in to find a bunch of africans dancing around like uncivilized indians singing in a language 99% of the audience doesn't know. Oh, how touching. And pointless. I'm glad I'm not wasting time on this show. Back to Prince of Persia I go.