TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

My Latest DVD-R Creation

Working on another DVD-R from my tape collection, and I always like to create a theme with them, so I set to collecting some of the assorted Smackdown and RAW matches of Benoit's from 01-04 and the 2004 Royal Rumble (just the match, not the PPV cause the rest of the show sucked), Mind you I don't have a whole lot, but these were the matches I remmembered that I had access too

Benoit vs Austin from 5-31-01 (10 GERMANS!!)

Benoit/Angle vs Edge/Mysterio (2/3 Falls)

Benoit vs Angle from 2-6-03

Benoit vs Lesnar from 12-4-03

And possibly the whole Showdown in Phoenix RAW (5-10-04)

What do you think?

Working on another DVD-R from my tape collection, and I always like to create a theme with them, so I set to collecting some of the assorted Smackdown and RAW matches of Benoit's from 01-04 and the 2004 Royal Rumble (just the match, not the PPV cause the rest of the show sucked), Mind you I don't have a whole lot, but these were the matches I remmembered that I had access too

Benoit vs Austin from 5-31-01 (10 GERMANS!!)

Benoit/Angle vs Edge/Mysterio (2/3 Falls)

Benoit vs Angle from 2-6-03

Benoit vs Lesnar from 12-4-03

And possibly the whole Showdown in Phoenix RAW (5-10-04)

What do you think?

I make wrestling dvds from my collection also, and i am a huge Benoit fan. Thats a list of great matches. You might have gave me an idea to do my own Benoit dvd, thanks man.

Thanks, I think so too, adding the Chicago 8 Man Tag, Benoit/Michaels/Benjamin/Foley vs Evolution, the Tag Title win with Edge against Evolution and the following rematch, and putting the Showdown in the Desert RAW to finish it off.

yea now with my new DVD recorder, I am starting to mess with this idea. I already made a dvd or WM 1 from my "The Legacy" vhs box set (since this tape has all the original real music on it), and yesterday I did a copy of my ECW Heatwave 98 vhs (pioneer version from 2001) to dvd and it came out great.

I will soon send for the rest of my tape collection that my friend is keeping for me in CALI and will then be able to make a lot of comps like that (though I do have a tape here where I taped all the benoit and jericho matches and promos from their one month reign of terror a stag champs in o1) I got to make a dvd of that now.

I alos plan on making a "Hollywood Heel Rock" comp when I get those tapes.

Plus maybe a best of goldust and booker t one

I have made about sixty dvds last year. Monday Night Wars, Pay Per Views and Special Events (Clash of Champoins, Saturday Night Main Event) Old School tv and old school cards (AWA, CWF, NWA, WWF and pretty soon WCCW mostly from WWE 24/7) ECW Hardcore TV (the real ECW-ten years ago) and the current wrestling product, WWF Raw, Smackdown, ECW, and TNA. I take the best matches, interviews, and the hottest angles and put it on dvd. Im having a blast with this shit man. The only thing is, I making so many dvds, I havent had a chance to sit back and enjoy them yet. Shit you guys really are getting me thinking. I should do a dvd dedicated to one person. My problem is most my matches are on dvds that I buy, and I cant record off of them.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to tape about all the RAW's from WrestleMania XX to Badd Blood, cause there was some damn good product being put on at that time.

Finished the DVD, 6 hours of goodness, the final linup is-

Benoit vs Austin from Smackdown 5/31/01

Benoit/Angle vs Mysterio/Edge 2/3 Falls from Smackdown 11/7/02

Benoit vs Angle from Smackdown 2/6/03

Benoit vs Lesnar from Smackdown 12/4/03

2004 Royal Rumble Match

Benoit/Foley/Michaels/Benjamin vs Evolution from Raw 4/12/04

Benoit/Edge vs Flair/Batista from RAW 4/19/04

Benoit/Edge vs Flair/Batista from RAW 4/26/04

Monday Night Raw "Showdown in the Desert" 5/3/04

Benoit/Jericho vs HHH/Batista from Raw 12/13/04

Benoit vs Batista from RAW 1/3/05

Did you do that comp all on one dvd?. I was sort of thinking about doing something similar, just wondering if the VQ would get any worse if you put 6 full hours of matches on one dvd. I recently picked up a dvd recorder and am slowly putting my wwe and wcw vhs masters onto dvd. I also have a shitload of various wwe, wcw tv that still is in good shape.

I notice blocking every now and then, but nothing very distracting, I don't go past 6hrs myself, 4 would probably produce higher video quality, but when I'm working on comps I like a few hours to work with.

4 hours, not bad. I am really itching to do a comp, but i gotta convert all my vhs tapes first. I kind of want to do Shawn Michaels title run in 1996, which would include raw matches he had from that year. I just gotta make sure i have the footage that is required.

Did you do that comp all on one dvd?. I was sort of thinking about doing something similar, just wondering if the VQ would get any worse if you put 6 full hours of matches on one dvd. I recently picked up a dvd recorder and am slowly putting my wwe and wcw vhs masters onto dvd. I also have a shitload of various wwe, wcw tv that still is in good shape.

on my recorder anything past 3 hours looks kinda bad, 4 is ok, but 6 (ep mode) looks terrible, but the sound is still ok

converting all my tapes would be nice, but impossible since I have so many, it would take me a year at least if I did it every day, and my recorder would bite the dust likely .

But I am trying to convert my commericial vhs tapes at least

Today I converted raw from March 3/1997, which had the Euro title finals between Owen and bulldog. The quality was still pretty good considering the tape is 10 years old. When it comes to my tv shows, i think i will just convert select shows that i would watch again. I am on the same boat as you when it comes to converting everything, my recorder would probably end up breaking down.