TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

Borat's last hurrah...

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/...cha_kills_Borat

Makes perfectly good sense. The character had plenty of fame during Da Ali G Show, since he was visiting parts of Europe where his character was unknown at that point. But now, with the success of his movie and worldwide fame and even his Golden Globe win, Borat is too well known. What's left is for him to ACTUALLY go around in Kazhakstan or something of that nature....

I think the days of me going undercover are probably over.

So is his career if that's true.

oh, lord.

borat is already perilously close to surpassing austin powers for nausiating over-exposure. imagine another borat movie? its time to put the baby to bed. borat 3? please. that would hurt.

Unlike 'Austin Powers', Borat has a reason to be overexposed. It's a revolutionary documentary; nothing like that has been done before. Unfortunately, I think there was the underlying motive to make something like that impossible again.

Makes sense to kill the character now. Leave the movie a legend instead of ruining it.

Should be interesting how he does Bruno, given how much he's devoted to staying in character.

He is full of shit. He'll come up with a new character and do this all over again.

But he is a pretty good actor. I could see him becoming a big star.

now its overexposed cuz of the movie, I doubt all these people knew this character before the movie, unless you actually watched the ali g show. the weird thing is IMO Borat isnt even the best chracter on that show, Ali G is far more entertaining, interviewing people and annoying the subjects with his stupidity and "street lingo"

He is full of shit. He'll come up with a new character and do this all over again.

But he is a pretty good actor. I could see him becoming a big star.

He'll come up with a new character, but Borat is no more.

I think the days of me going undercover are probably over.

So is his career if that's true.

oh, lord.

borat is already perilously close to surpassing austin powers for nausiating over-exposure. imagine another borat movie? its time to put the baby to bed. borat 3? please. that would hurt.

I just think it's dumb when actors try to go away from what people want to see from them. It's like going to see a band who refuses to play their one hit song that they know everyone in the crowd wants to hear, but they won't play it because they're "over it".

I don't expect another Borat (although I think it could be done, as big as the movie I've got I'm sure there's still a lot of people who don't know who Borat is. Backwoods hick type of people).

But saying his days of going undercover are done? That's who he is, that's what he does. He may end up being a decent actor, but what people want to see is him doing Borat/Ali G/Bruno/whatever he may come up with in the future.

I don't know the first thing about Borat, but all this talk of Austin Powers being over-exposed warms my heart. Damn, did I want to murder Mike Myers after that last movie...

now its overexposed cuz of the movie, I doubt all these people knew this character before the movie, unless you actually watched the ali g show. the weird thing is IMO Borat isnt even the best chracter on that show, Ali G is far more entertaining, interviewing people and annoying the subjects with his stupidity and "street lingo"

Yeah I like Ali G and his Wu-Tang clothes much better than Borat.

Booyakasha!