TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Blades of Glory

Who is Will Arnett? They rave about him over on the imdb boards (which I tend to glance through when I'm bored).

The trailer is badass. I'm extremely amused at the song choices (I've now downloaded "Pour Some Sugar On Me" because of it). It's all about Heder and Ferrell's rivalry, yet the songs are all about sex.

I, of course, think the movie looks extremely awesome. I'm not a fan of Heder - I've seen him briefly in Napoleon and Benchwarmers; didn't like either film - but he looks great here (aesthetically and acting wise). Ferrell looks completely awesome. I love how his outfit is all about flames, while Heder's is very icy blue. Neither look very masculine, but Ferrell completely owns it.

I'm looking forward to its release.

I don't think this movie will live up to peoples expectations. I saw it a while back and figured with all this talent (including Romany Malco from 40 Year Old Virgin) that this had "gold" written all over it. I laughed a few times, but the sad thing is, it's not that great. First, Will Arnett is sadly underused, and things move at such a fast pace that you don't have the chance to enjoy the jokes. Maybe a second viewing will help me to review this movie stronger (I was working, so I couldn't really pay to everything and it was 3AM), but it disappointed me.

I'm still checking it out in theaters with a large group.

I don't think this movie will live up to peoples expectations. I saw it a while back and figured with all this talent (including Romany Malco from 40 Year Old Virgin) that this had "gold" written all over it. I laughed a few times, but the sad thing is, it's not that great. First, Will Arnett is sadly underused, and things move at such a fast pace that you don't have the chance to enjoy the jokes. Maybe a second viewing will help me to review this movie stronger (I was working, so I couldn't really pay to everything and it was 3AM), but it disappointed me.

I'm still checking it out in theaters with a large group.

Out of curiosity, how could you have seen it so early?

Better than I thought it would be and god damn Jenna Fischer was hot in this.

Will Arnett was, unfortunately, underused. Jon Heder didn't annoy at all, though. Only downside is the first 20 minutes are the funniest part of the movie,

Well, maybe the chase scene

with Will Ferrell acting like a complete miscreant. Also, most of the reviews (and in fact the paper ads) blew the Iron Lotus joke, which had the theater ROLLING.

Great movie. I laughed at Arnett's faces a lot and people probably had NO idea why my girlfriend and I were laughing so hard.

will arnett was indeed great. i'm struggling to come to terms with the fact that amy poehler is just...not that great.

speaking of amy poehler...i had a friend in new york who was the one to hold the bucket of truth at the "upright citizens brigade" shows on sunday nights. amy poehler would always refer to her by name at the end of the show, and my heart would flutter that someone i knew worked for amy poehler.

she also wrote local reviews of plays for offoffonline.com. if i do a google search of her name, it takes me to a bunch of reviews she did. but if i google my own name, none of the tsm reviews i did come up. she's so much more famous than me. what the fuck.

Didn't really like it. The North Korean skating footage got the biggest laugh out of me. otherwise I didn't have any big laughs durring the movie. It was ok to me, nothing more

The movie felt "meh." It had so many funny people in it (Nick Swardson, Will Ferrell, Will Arnett) and Heder was actually pretty good in it, but I guess the movie was lesser than the sum of it's parts. My favorite part about Talladega Nights was the special features, and I bet Blades of Glory's will be good, but the whole movie I could take or leave.

I loved it. Completely. I'm already buried deep in the fandom before I'd even finished the film. If I had one complaint, it would be that the film is far too short. I would've loved more of Chazz and Jimmy's bickering. It reminds me most of Zoolander, 'cept only gayer. In fact, I'm surprise just how much of a wet dream it is for the slash writers. The only thing that could've made it better was a Talladega-style kiss at the end...but, I suppose a simple peck on the cheek will suffice. For now.

For the dvd, I outright demand a commentary. At the very least some bloopers, goshdarnit.

Faggotry. The fact that this steaming pile of shit remained number one and Grindhouse opened at number four is indicative of the American movie-going public. You should put out your eyes if you enjoyed this.

I'm tired of movies that pander to the lowest common denominator. You kids probably enjoyed Wild Hogs, too.

I don't think the two movies are remotely even in the same ballpark.

Blades of Glory is, in effect, a Will Ferrell movie. You either like them or you don't.

Same as Adam Sandler movies, etc.

Wild Hogs? C'mon, now.

I'm tired of movies that pander to the lowest common denominator. You kids probably enjoyed Wild Hogs, too.

Wait, what? :huh: The two movies aren't even close to being similar. I'll admit BoG has its faults. It's rather formulaic (aren't all sports movies?) and some of the characters are 2d. But, comparing it to a movie about 40-something actors reaching rock bottom in their careers? ...Nope. Not even close.

For some reason, as much as I enjoyed it, it didn't feel like a typical Ferrell movie. Not like Anchorman or Talladega. I can't quite put my finger on it, but BoG is somehow seperate from those others. Still good, no doubt about it, and certainly just as good if not better than Talladega, just not Ferrell's typical work.

Then again, I may need to watch it more. =D