TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 67: All or Nothing

Holy shit what an idiot. If he loses his UFC career is over, I'm sure Dana is pissed as hell over this.

Can't he induce vomiting or get some blood drawn or something? What a joke.

Holy shit, that's terrible. I mean...I've lost about 10 pounds in the last three months by going jogging three times a week. He shouldn't have eaten that last piece of pizza for lunch. He shaved his head to cut weight? Did he have like...a super 'fro or something? That's hilarious. Really too bad, too...now there's no title fight on the card.

Wait...since Travis Lutter couldn't make weight, they brought in Michael Stipe to fight Anderson Silva for the MW title? Holy shit, I'm there!

Neither Patrick Cote nor Scott Smith had a problem making weight....just sayin'. And Rampage just said that he's a werewolf, but don't tell anybody. And in the Sanchez/Cro Cop picture from the weigh-ins, Eddie Sanchez looks scared shitless, and he should be.

Does this have an effect on anyone's plans to order/not order the PPV? I'm still going to order.

I want to see Rampage and Cro Cop.

It doesn't really affect my plans to order. I mean, Pride doesn't always have title fights and I usually order those. There's still Cro Cop and Rampage and despite being non-title, I still think Lutter/Silva will be a good fight. It just seems like everything that could've went wrong with this card did go wrong. First GSP not being able to fight, Lutter can't make weight, and Melvin Guillard's not gonna be on the card. Still, there's enough potentially good fights to not have this affect the decision to order.

Well, if Lutter wins, it'll be a tainted victory. I mean...he's a light heavyweight; he should be fighting Rampage or Chuck or something. There's a title fight. Get Chuck to come out tomorrow nite and fight Lutter; one punch knockout, Chuck keeps his title, Lutter got his title shot for winning TUF, everybody's happy.

Dana must have shit a brick when it was clear that the one title match for the show went up in smoke. The main draws for me are still Rampage and Cro Cop's UFC debuts, so I'm still going to watch. All that effort on TUF to get a title shot and he blows it at the last possible second. Lutter's never going live this one down, and he's screwed if he loses badly against Silva tonight.

Does anybody know if this will kill his paycheck (or Anderson's for that matter) now that it's non-title fight?

This'll be my first UFC show. I'm watching a free stream online, but more importantly, I'm actually INTERESTED because of all the hype for this Crop Cop guy. My UFC-watching friends all claim he'll win in less than a minute, so I'm hoping he loses just to throw UFC's plans into disarray.

Couple questions: what's the deal with Liddell? Was he hurt? Was he not? What was the injury? Will he be back? Interim champ?

Tell me 'bout Cro Cop, what're his strengths?

My UFC-watching friends all claim he'll win in less than a minute, so I'm hoping he loses just to throw UFC's plans into disarray.

Even people who hate Crocop and the UFC would be horrified at what you just said. It's obvious you're new to MMA.

Match 1 - Scott Smith vs Patrick Cote

Round 1 - Lotsa stalling...Cote with a takedown.

Round 2 - Crowd booing, lots of hugging. Smith did a "crane" stance, got tagged in the head. Crowd lets out a huge "boo" at end of round.

Round 3 - Smith & Cote with a brief flurry. Cote has twice let up on Smith. Best round. No one can finish. Cote getting some licks in.

Decision - Crowd boos the match.

Lutter's gonna get the Cena in Hammerstein reception.

RE: Chuck Lidell; He's not injured. He just fought and beat Tito Ortiz in December. He did have...something with his hand, but nothing major. He was wearing a cast, but I think it should be off by now. And he's definitely not an interim champ. He's been LHW champ for almost 2 years (April 16th, 2005). Every fight since then, he's finished by KO or TKO, most in the first round or the first couple minutes of the 2nd round (w/ exception to Jeremy Horn, who Chuck TKOd in the 4th round), and he's looked rather dominant. His overall record is 20-3 with...11 or 12 KOs. His last loss was in 2003 against Quinton Jackson. I don't think there's another fighter in the UFC that has more people hanging on his nuts than the Iceman, and with good reason.

This Cote/Smith fight is ass.

That takedown in the first round was pretty sweet, but, my God...every time they engaged, they pulled off. Quit being best friends and knock the guy the fuggout! Oh well, Cote'll win...finally. Bring on Rampage~!