TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 67: All or Nothing

And just to expand on the weight classes in case you were wondering:

Lightweight is 146 lbs. to 155 lbs.

Welterweight is 156 lbs. to 170 lbs.

Middleweight is 171 lbs. to 185 lbs. (not 186.5, unfortunately for Lutter...)

Light Heavyweight is 186 lbs. to 205 lbs.

Heavyweight is 206 lbs. to 265 lbs.

Back in the early days of UFC, there used to be no weight divisions, so you'd sometimes get like...a 400 pound dude against a 150 pounder. Fun stuff.

Rampage has a killer entrance, a killer personality, and he fights in the style that can easily make you a fan favorite.

Chuck vs. Rampage will set buy records. I can see it now.

The fans are REALLY annoying me on this show. First UFC I've seen in awhile where they've booed so damned much.

If they boo Mirko because he's not American, I hope he hops into the crowd and highkicks people.

I hope this leads to an Invasion angle...At the UFC PPV in November, they can have a 5-man tag team match between Pride and UFC...FOR ALL THE MARBLES!!!!

Where did all of these Croatians come from?!?!?! Like...everywhere in the crowd you look, it's Croatians. I didn't know that Las Vegas was such a hotbed of Eastern European immigrants.

Eddie Sanchez did a good job of not getting his ass totally whooped. I think Mirko did a good job coming off as a stone-cold killer in his debut. Short sentences, straight and to the point. I think the fans now know that he doesn't fuck around.

Cro Cop is a fucking assassin. He's like a living breathing Ivan Drago.

All business.

Those legkicks were SICK. The people in the nosebleeds probably heard them like a window slamming shut.

Eddie Sanchez never stood a chance.

Mirko's gonna make UFC alllot of money. He doesn't talk much, and when he does he's arrogant and plainly says he's better then his opponent but once in the ring/octagon, he FUCKS people up.

"Right leg puts him into the hospital. Left leg puts him in the cemetery."

THAT'S MONEY.

Lutter ain't looking that bad. If he wasn't half dead and feelin' shitty, I think he might have the upper hand.

Edit: I take that back. Well, he won the first round anyway.

The up-kick that set up the choke was deadly.

Two points:

1) I really, really wish that Silva would learn how to speak English. He seems like he would be a charismatic guy.

2) I never want to see Travis Lutter on my TV screen again. EVER.

Watching this Tyson Griffin fight, I have just one question...

When did Steve Mazzagatti grow a moustache? It's a good look on him.

I'm sure we'll never see Lutter again.

Entertaining night, though the fights weren't great. Silva/Lutter was pretty good, shame Lutter exploded any goodwill UFC has towards him. Silva had a pretty bad strategy though - all kicks! The final lightweight fight was very good. Cro Cop and Rampage did what we expected, not great fights but two entertaining if very different personalities.

Fuck the haters, this night was a success. Rampage and Cro-Cop came across as superstars, Silva showcased his skills and beat the challenger where he was doubted to and added great emotion to it.

Just so we're clear, Griffin/Edgar is the FOTY right now. Sweet Jesus that was nuts. The fuck was up with Stevie Mazz telling Griffin to fight through a ball shot?

Good thing I record these because I didn't watch that fight. I'll have to check it out tomorrow morning.

And don't you think Rampage could take his contacts out before he comes to the ring? Pretty funny.