TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 67: All or Nothing

Also apparently Anderson Silva had knee surgey 11 weeks prior to the fight, which would explain why his TD defense looked like ass, and he wasn't able to finish the triangle.

But he's never finished that triangle in his career.

Even so, his knee surgey played a big factor in him not being able to finish it off, but it's still a submission victory either way, so it's irrelevent.

You need to really stop hating on Anderson, or else next time we have an AV bet, you'll be rocking the Richard Simmions AV for much longer.

Where did all of these Croatians come from?!?!?! Like...everywhere in the crowd you look, it's Croatians. I didn't know that Las Vegas was such a hotbed of Eastern European immigrants.

Through empircal study, I'd say that there's a lot of Eastern European women in the strip clubs up here, so they could have traveled down for "work". As for the guys... well I know that Toronto has a thriving Croatian community...

So what was dumber - Scott Smith's crane pose or Sean Salmon actually TRYING a crane/pump kick?

Also apparently Anderson Silva had knee surgey 11 weeks prior to the fight, which would explain why his TD defense looked like ass, and he wasn't able to finish the triangle.

Even so, his knee surgey played a big factor in him not being able to finish it off, but it's still a submission victory either way, so it's irrelevent.

You need to really stop hating on Anderson, or else next time we have an AV bet, you'll be rocking the Richard Simmions AV for much longer.

Hey, Anderson is still there to be taken on the ground, but as long as the only person at MW with the intelligence to realize this is a dehydrated Travis Lutter, then I'm not making another bet on it.

Hey, Anderson is still there to be taken on the ground, but as long as the only person at MW with the intelligence to realize this is a dehydrated Travis Lutter, then I'm not making another bet on it.

But... but... Anderson is a BLACK belt under the Nog brothers isn't he? His ground game is legit!!!! [/sherdog]

IIRC, he was 223 on Saturday night. I just can't see where 18 pounds can come off that frame and still have him in top shape.

Guest ravman77

Good point Mik, guess it was more a dream booking scenario. Was just impressed by Mirko's constant advancing and would like to see how it would stand up to Lidell's striking. I'll settle for Lidell/Rampage.

Title Match & Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $71,000 (3rd UFC fight; defeated Travis Lutter)

-Travis Lutter: $18,000 (5th UFC fight; lost to Anderson Silva)

Main Card Fighters

-Mirko Cro Cop: $350,000 flat fee (1st UFC fight; defeated Eddie Sanchez)

-Quinton Jackson: $170,000 (1st UFC fight; defeated Marvin Eastman)

-Eddie Sanchez: $30,000 flat fee (2nd UFC fight; lost to Mirko Cro Cop)

-Marvin Eastman: $30,000 (3rd UFC fight; lost to Quinton Jackson)

-Patrick Cote: $20,000 (5th UFC fight; defeated Scott Smith)

-Scott Smith: $12,000 (3rd UFC fight; lost to Patrick Cote)

-Roger Huerta: $12,000 (2nd UFC fight; defeated John Halverson)

-John Halverson: $3,000 (1st UFC fight; lost to Roger Huerta)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Lyoto Machida: $36,000 (1st UFC fight; defeated Sam Hoger)

-Jorge Rivera: $12,000 (7th UFC fight; lost to Terry Martin)

-Tyson Griffin: $9,000 (2nd UFC fight; lost to Frank Edgar)

-Terry Martin: $8,000 (3rd UFC fight; defeated Jorge Rivera)

-Sam Hoger: $7,000 (4th UFC fight; lost to Lyoto Machida)

-Frank Edgar: $6,000 (1st UFC fight; defeated Tyson Griffin)

-Dustin Hazelett: $6,000 (2nd UFC fight; defeated Diego Saraiva)

-Diego Saraiva: $3,000 (1st UFC fight; lost to Dustin Hazelett)

Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $803,000

Damn...Cro Cop got paid. He made $350,000 and the rest of the main card fighters made a total of $366,000 put together. So, he's got 5 UFC fights left on his contract and presuming that he'll get a title shot eventually, who should his next fight be against? I'd stick him in there against Frank Mir. I think that would be a good fight. That all could be moot, however, if UFC does indeed buy Pride.

And I'm 100% sure that Rampage/Lidell will happy before the end of the year. Probably give Rampage one more fight and give Chuck another title fight against...somebody and then go for the money match.

I say don't even bother with another fight for Mirko.

Do Sylvia/Couture, then do the winner of that versus Mirko by June at the latest. Mirko has supreme takedown defense, and looked perfectly comfortable in the cage. Neither of them stand a shot against Mirko, so why drag it out? If you must give him one more fight, give it against someone he'll either absolutely smash, or someone in UFC's top ten to make himself look better. If UFC isn't planning on giving in to Vera's demands, I say throw Vera in there with Mirko for his last fight. Vera's a good fighter, but he's not in Mirko's league, and it'll make Mirko look like a deadly killer if he destroys the man UFC's been building up. Vera's only shot is to take Mirko down, and coupled with Mirko's sprawl and his growing abilities on the ground I'm not convinced Vera could DO anything with Mirko there. Mirko's pretty much in Fedor's spot in UFC now. There isn't anyone who's at his level in UFC. He may get a surprise loss or two, but what can you do to Mirko now? You can't beat him standing, he's probably one of the hardest fighters to take down along with Liddell, and his ground game is good to the point where he can escape, sweep, or even try for a submission.

Also, Mirko could slim down to LHW if he really wanted to, but he doesn't want to. I think he's one of those fighters that doesn't believe in fighting in a weight class lower then his natural one, so he doesn't pull crap like Lutter tried to do. Plus, it's not like there's many challenges for him there. He's pretty much equal or better then Liddell in every facet, so he'd be in the same position Liddell is in. On top of all that, Mirko's said in interviews that he wants to challenge Fedor again someday, so he has to stay at HW.

If UFC hasn't bought PRIDE, they need to watch their asses a bit with Mirko. He said in an interview that his whole plan is to blow through his entire contract this year, win the UFC title and take it back to PRIDE in order to fight Fedor on NYE in a double titles match under PRIDE's banner. Hyperbole, maybe, but Mirko has alot of ties in Japan and his using the PRIDE theme raised alot of eyebrows.

Apparently, Mirko will be taking on the 'challenge' of Check Kongo at UFC 70. If Cro Cop can get past Kongo, and it's a big if, Dana says Sylvia is next, though I'm going to assume Cro Cop's third fight will be against Sylvia no matter who the second fight is against.

Man...Cheick Kongo IS gonna be tough. What they should really do is have Cro Cop fight 'Irish' Jake O'Brien, see if O'Brien can pull that same shit he did with Herring.

Man...Cheick Kongo IS gonna be tough. What they should really do is have Cro Cop fight 'Irish' Jake O'Brien, see if O'Brien can pull that same shit he did with Herring.

Cro Cop has beaten way better fighters than Kongo. I don't think Mirko would have any trouble with him, especially after Kongo stunk the joint up last time out.

I assure you, my previous post was total sarcasm. Cro Cop is one of the top 3 heavyweights in the world and Cheick Kongo is a tall Frenchman who lost to Carmello Marrero by decision in his last fight. Kongo won't last as long as Sanchez did.

Apparently, Mirko will be taking on the 'challenge' of Check Kongo at UFC 70. If Cro Cop can get past Kongo, and it's a big if, Dana says Sylvia is next, though I'm going to assume Cro Cop's third fight will be against Sylvia no matter who the second fight is against.

Cro-Cop, Submission, Round 2. I don't even see Mirko wasting his time trying to KO Cheick on his feet and just taking him down and tapping him.

I assure you, my previous post was total sarcasm. Cro Cop is one of the top 3 heavyweights in the world and Cheick Kongo is a tall Frenchman who lost to Carmello Marrero by decision in his last fight. Kongo won't last as long as Sanchez did.

Yeah, I should have detected it easier seeing as how everybody jumped off that bandwagon after his last atrocious performance.

Yeah, I still don't know what to make of Kongo. He's got pretty god striking and decent wrestling and he doesn't seem to have a problem finishing. His fights with Wellish and Aldana were impressive enough that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for that Carmelo Marrero debacle, but...I just don't know.

Yeah, I still don't know what to make of Kongo. He's got pretty god striking and decent wrestling and he doesn't seem to have a problem finishing. His fights with Wellish and Aldana were impressive enough that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for that Carmelo Marrero debacle, but...I just don't know.

Only thing is, those guys really aren't that impressive themselves, I mean Wellisch was subbed by Kensuke Sasaki of all people!

Yeah, the quality of opponent wasn't that great, but Cheick still showed good skills in the fights. Looking at his history of opponents, he hasn't really faced ANY quality fighters yet. When he faces Cro Cop, he'll obviously lose, but it'll be a testament to his possible skill as to how he hangs with an elite fighter.

And whaddya mean talking shit about Kensuke Sasaki?!?!? He's a former WCW U.S. Champion! Recognize, yo!

Yeah, the quality of opponent wasn't that great, but Cheick still showed good skills in the fights. Looking at his history of opponents, he hasn't really faced ANY quality fighters yet. When he faces Cro Cop, he'll obviously lose, but it'll be a testament to his possible skill as to how he hangs with an elite fighter.

And whaddya mean talking shit about Kensuke Sasaki?!?!? He's a former WCW U.S. Champion! Recognize, yo!

He also had a sweet mullet back in the day...

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic was the big winner outside as well as inside the ring at UFC 67 this past Saturday night, which drew 10,787 for a total live gate of $2.7 million.

According to figures released yesterday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Cro Cop’s UFC debut gave him a purse of around $350,000, with more money likely made for the first of six-contracted UFC dates over the next two years. Of his fight purse, Cro Cop will lose around $105,000 of his purse in “foreign tax.”

Wrestlemag

Those are good numbers for crowd and gate. And Cro Cop might walk away with 'only' a $245,000 purse, but that's still good money for hunting another human being inside of an octagon.