TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Bam Bam Bigelow passes away

Wow, that's horrible news. My nephew is going to hate to hear this. I doubt any of you remember this or not, but a few years ago I posted here asking for help on find a tape of Bam Bam matches and an action figure. I bought a figure and someone helped me get a "best of" Bam Bam tape, and I gave both to my nephew. I did all of that because he saw the LT match, and mocked Bam Bam since that was the only thing he'd ever seen of him. When I gave him the tape, and he watched it, he stopped mocking him and realized that he was actually damn talented.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bam Bam, in my opinion, is the second best "big man", right behind Vader.

Wow, that's horrible news. My nephew is going to hate to hear this. I doubt any of you remember this or not, but a few years ago I posted here asking for help on find a tape of Bam Bam matches and an action figure. I bought a figure and someone helped me get a "best of" Bam Bam tape, and I gave both to my nephew. I did all of that because he saw the LT match, and mocked Bam Bam since that was the only thing he'd ever seen of him. When I gave him the tape, and he watched it, he stopped mocking him and realized that he was actually damn talented.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...mp;qpid=2404554

Quote Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bam Bam, in my opinion, is the second best "big man", right behind Vader.

Agreed. Sadly, this isn't too surprising. Someone on this board or the Wrestling Classics board posted a link to an article about how Bam Bam was having a hard time adjusting to life after wrestling and how he'd saved kids from a forest fire (This was during his WCW stint in 99/00 IIRC) and how he'd gotten into a motorcycle accident and how he was addicted to Oxycontin. He had a pretty rough life. It seemed every time he was on the cusp of being in the main event, his career stalled (Due to injuries, bad booking, whatever) but I always thought he deserved a full time stint at the top of the card. He had a hell of a look, could move remarkably well in the ring for a big man.

RIP Bam Bam.

Now every big man from the WWF circa 94-95 is dead except for Mabel and The Headshrinkers (I'm pretty sure Samu is still kickin').

I'm going to be interested to read Meltzer's obit on him. I had always heard that Vince all but promised him a title run or at least a main event match for the belt in exchange for doing the job to LT. I think that he just became a massive target for the Kliq's political BS at the time though, and his "main event" ended up being that horrible tag match at KOTR 95, before getting jobbed out and fading away in '95. I think the same thing happened to the guy too in '88 when he went out with an Injury, and Hogan, always worried about his spot, bad mouthed him to Vince and got him fired.

Sad to see him go, but to be factual that "saving children from a fire" story was not true.

His ECW run as a Triple Threat member was awesome, especially that three way dance with Taz and Sabu, and his TV title match with RVD.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...mp;qpid=2404554

Quote Post

Agreed. Sadly, this isn't too surprising. Someone on this board or the Wrestling Classics board posted a link to an article about how Bam Bam was having a hard time adjusting to life after wrestling and how he'd saved kids from a forest fire (This was during his WCW stint in 99/00 IIRC) and how he'd gotten into a motorcycle accident and how he was addicted to Oxycontin. He had a pretty rough life. It seemed every time he was on the cusp of being in the main event, his career stalled (Due to injuries, bad booking, whatever) but I always thought he deserved a full time stint at the top of the card. He had a hell of a look, could move remarkably well in the ring for a big man.

RIP Bam Bam.

Now every big man from the WWF circa 94-95 is dead except for Mabel and The Headshrinkers (I'm pretty sure Samu is still kickin').

He was also taking Candido's death pretty hard.

He was on GIR in 2004, I believe and he said that he had opened up a deli in NJ and the main sandwhich was called "The Beastburger".

Bam Bam was one of the best big men in wrestling and he will be missed.

RIP

Guest rvd420

This is horrible news...

I will NEVER forget his GREAT match at the first Survivor Series ppv....

Rip Bam Bam....You did good...

This is truly sad news. RIP Bam Bam

I used to mark out for the big guy when he returned to WWE as a heel. I went to a house show in MSG once, called "In High GEar" or something right before WMXI. Anyway, Bam Bam came out to do a promo ripping apart LT and I was behind him all the way, probably the only one that was going crazy for him. Anyway, they ended up airing that promo on Fox 5 news and I came out on camera. The highlight of my day was seeing Bam Bam come out and rip LT. Mind you LT is my favorite football player of all time, as I'm a Giants fan.

Bam Bam also had an awesome entrance theme while he was a heel. Definitely top 3 big men of all time.

Bigelow was always one of my favorite big guys. His Moonsault is probably the best one from a big guy. RIP Man.

Just the other day I was watching his RF shoot the other day. He lambasted a caller for "sticking a dildo in his ear." It was one of the best improvised promos I've ever seen. RIP Beast from the East.