TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Have you ever got so frustrated with a game that you...

I can't beat Tyson without Game Genie. I can usually get close to knocking him down once, but that's it

I knocked him down twice in one round, then he sprung up and knocked me out for a ten count. The cheating bastard.

Funny enough for cheating last bosses. M. Bison from Street Fighter was supposed to be the boxer charatcer, but something came up and they couldn't call him Mike Bison.

Tyson...Bison, cheating bitches

I think I've thrown a controller a couple times, probably in sports games when I got screwed in the last minute. The most frustrated I've ever been with a video game though was playing Shadows of the Empire for N64. When you're in the Sewers of Imperial City, there are two spots where it's absolutely impossible to see. One of them you're supposed to jetpack around and find a hole completely in the dark, and then there's a similar one underwater later on where you have to find some tunnel.

The first time I played the level, I made it through both spots fine but eventually lost to the boss. The spot where you jetpack and find the hole, I made it through a few times later after about 15 minutes on average and gave up a few times too. The underwater spot, I never passed again after the first time. Couldn't find the damn hole. It wasn't even a spot where you'd die. I'd just go around and around until I'd finally give up after 20 minutes or so. Tried reading walkthroughs and everything, and they're like "you look around and find a hole". It was the most ridiculous frustrating thing ever.

Funny enough for cheating last bosses. M. Bison from Street Fighter was supposed to be the boxer charatcer, but something came up and they couldn't call him Mike Bison.

Tyson...Bison, cheating bitches

The name screwups in SF2 were apparently just human error. I think I've read that the Tyson lawsuit theory was a myth.

T. Hawk was easy to beat once he started taking to the sky and you weren't ever close....

PLaying Sagat, Tiger Uppercutting that bitch back to the fields...

Trauma Center: Under The Knife...

I am about ready to burst into tears if I don't save this poor guy.

I'm on awakening, and I'm fine until it comes time to use the healing touch, when I do, all hell breaks loose and the guy bleeds out in about ten seconds. I've tried everything. Any help would be appreciated.

The only way I could beat M. Bison in SF2 Turbo was by doing that sliding kick thing Vega does. It was mad cheesy, but he was tough as hell, and it got the job done.

Penn State in NCAA 07.

They always seemed to geta first down until they get into field goal range. So its either a touch down or field goal, thats it.

I've never broken a controller; those things cost money. But I've gotten the most pissed about:

The Undertaker in a cage match on WM2000 for N64. I did hit the controller against a matress and it came unplugged.

The Terminator for SNES. The second level just NEVER ENDED

Re: The original TMNT on the NES.

I also remembering it being very difficult, and I always feel humbled in some way when I see someone speedrun a game like that (20 minutes!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v_hLTKWF8zw

DAMN I never got even halfway thru the game I think (the part after the underwater level I think was as far I got) TMNT 2 was way better since it was patterned after the awesome original TMNT arcade game, at least I could beat that game

on the flip side I am very good at TMNT:Fall of The Foot Clan (the original TMNT game for the game boy) and can speed run it really quickly.

I smashed my Super Nintendo into pieces trying to beat the final secret stage in Donkey Kogn Country 2. The last section with the bird was just not possible to complete.

Im starting to get quite fustrated with Phoenix Wright JFA. Which seems weird for a game thats so calm on the exterior.

I got around to playing Final Fantasy IV on the DS recently. They made it HARD. It took me forever just to beat Golbez! In the original game, all it took was like 2 Summons to beat him.

Guest Smues

This is my exhibit A, and the Megaman X collection thread is my exhibit B, on why the CTDWAT thread is NOT such a bad thing. There are plenty of times when old threads should be bumped. This is not one of them, and a perfect example of why the CTDWAT threads exist.

Tekken 4. I couldn't beat Law on hard, so I took the game out and threw it at the wall, stomped it, threw it at the wall again, then sold it back to GameStop the next day.

Yeah, I was over it.

I can't play most sports games online because people mess around with their starters and formations and I don't understand it.

I've lost by at least 70 points in ESPN NBA & NFL 2K5 games. I was really frustrated with losing in football.

Also, I hate Fatal Fury Special and Street Fighter on Xbox Live. I can't do a few of their achievements.

My most recent experience is when I failed on a song on World Tour on expert when I was 4% from finishing it. I had repeatedly failed and failed before but this time I got past the part when I always failed and ended up failing on some bullshit that I should have been able to hit. I immediately screamed FUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! and picked up the guitar over my head running around frantically ready to smash it into things.

The tug-of-war game on the first Mario Party for N64, I once developed a flesh wound on my palm from rotating that ghetto-ass control stick so hard. It was hell trying to work with that wound, I would have to wear gloves all night whether I needed them or not. Thankfully the GC improved upon this feature.

I used to have trouble with Knuckles boss level in Sonic Triple Trouble. I would shoot and shoot and shoot (Tails in his submarine) or jump (Sonic) but I could never beat the guy. I would turn off my game gear and didnt play it for a long time. Watching this video frustrates me because it makes it look so easy but trust me, it was hard:

7:30 - he makes it look SO EASY!

"Shackler's Revenge" on RB2. It's not the hardest song by any means, but for some reason that song kills me. I think I beat it once on a set, but it's sitting there taunting me on a couple of the Challenges and a couple off the sets.

Plus it sucks.

I played Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time ever recently via the Wii VC and lemme tell ya, that goddamn horse race you have to do to get Epona was pissing me off something fierce!

The tug-of-war game on the first Mario Party for N64, I once developed a flesh wound on my palm from rotating that ghetto-ass control stick so hard.

I did that as well.

Fishing in Zelda: Twilight Princess pissed me off to no end. I flicked, swung and shook the wiimote in every direction and at every speed possible but i could never work out exactly how you're supposed to do it. Eventually i was able to fluke it, but not before contemplating throwing the remote through the television in frustration.

Castlevania: Medusa heads + moving platforms + water + sections of the level you have to duck = lots of deaths.

Yeah, seriously, fuck that noise. I just went through SOTN again and had forgotten how annoying those parts were.

Also, Street Fighter 4. Fighting Seth on medium or higher, or even on easy if you have a shitty character like Gen, is the absolute worst.

The third to last mission on GTA3 drove me insane. I think it was that level where you had to keep answering telephones in different parts of the city before running out of time. The mission after that was also really frustrating. It took me years to actually come back to it and beat the game.