TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Canadian Labour Board Question

I just got a call a few minutes ago (6 PM Eastern time) that my 10 AM shift for tommorow morning has been cut. I've been on the Ontario Labour Board site and can't find any information but I'm pretty sure that employers need to give at least 24 notice if they're cutting a shift, otherwise I get paid for the minimum scheduled shift time which would be 3 hours.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Good luck on that Curry. The company you work for would weasel their way out if you are hired as a Student/Part Time or even try to say it was an "on-call" shift.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow, that's a nice little law there. I don't think they'd give a shit if they did the same thing to you here in the states.

Last week, my work closed down for the snow day, and I was only going to get paid 4 hours for that day instead of being given the option to make up the rest of my shift another day. Yet another reason I fucking hate retail, and can't wait to start my new job in a couple weeks.

I'm a full-time employee and it wasn't an on-call shift so they won't be able to fall back behind those excuses.

But its how they write it down on your employment record. They could be lazy and said PT 24, and can classify you as that still. Saying "Full-Time" actually means jack shit.