TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, January 22nd Issue

As everyone on here knows Hogan leaked the possible names for thte HoF. These are listed below with what Meltzer said;

The Von Erichs - Part of the deal to sell the World Class tapes was their induction and DVD release.

Ultimate Warrior - Will draw a curiosity rating, and his incoherent homophobic promo would be worth the price of admission alone. Very unlikely.

The Sheik - WM is in Detroit and The Sheik was the local legend. Apparantly he's going in and being inducted by Sabu. But Vince never really like him, and Sabu could easilly get himself fired by March.

Ric Flair - Flair says he doesn't want to go in until he retires, and after his recent divorce that won't be happening in the next two months.

Mr Fuji - Record setting run of WON Worst Manager awards and legendary ribber. Why not?

Nick Bockwinkel - It'll be strange seeing him thank Vince for making his career possible. But it at least means Bobby Heenan can induct him and save the show.

Muhammad Ali - He lives in Detroit and they're desperate for the press attention he'd get.

Mr. T - If it wasn't for Mr. T and Cyndi Lauper, we'd still be watching wrestling on out 19 inch black and white TV and going to matches in smoke filled halls.

Mike Tyson - Mike may be tied up. Or locked up.

Howard Finkel - Sure, why not? Then all the kids can talk about how stupid McMahon was taking the second best ring announcer of all time off TV as he wasn't good looking enough. Plus it's a reward for him taking a blood test instead of Hogan for the Oregon state athletic commssion.

Jim Ross - Anyone think Mike Goldberg looks at those who told him to stick with UFC rather than take the Raw job and feels they gave him bad career advice?

Ken Patera - Former roommate of Flair so it gives Flair an excuse to induct someone. No matter how much bad stuff he says about Vince these days, he hasn't forgot that when he was in prison for beating up cops in Waukesha, WI Vince kept sending him regular pay checks.

King Curtis Iaukea - Held the tag team titles for three months in 1973. Clearly his career is nothing compared to Rob Conway and Slyvan Grenier.

Ted DiBiase - The owe him this after sacking him from his agent job as the company as losing so much money. Not because he was only agent who wrote honest reports, obviously.

Honky Tonk Man - Strange how his spoof IC title run was so successful some people really do think he was the Greatest InterContinental Champion of All-Time.

Dusty Rhodes - They've no choice but to put him in really. Plus he can tell the story of how, on his death bed, Vince Sr. rang him to say he was only man powerful enough to stop what his son was about to do.

Randy Savage - Although Dusty weighs enough for two, they need another Main Eventer and it is 20 years since his Steamboat match. And there's a good chance he'll walkout when he sees Hogan's there.

Dick Ebersol - To make up for the XFL.

The Wild Samoans - Just for Afa mouthing the words "Not Guilty" to the jury in the 1994 trial.

Big Bossman

Bob Backlund - He's turned it down before as he thinks it's a joke.

Rick Rude - There's never too many people for Heenan to induct. The being dead thing though is an issue this year with all the Von Erich's going in.

The Bushwhackers - Probably not this year. And they can show Finkel doing the Bushwhacker walk anyway.

Rocky Johnson - They really want The Rock to be there.

The Brooklyn Brawler - Won them the case over Nichole Bass claiming sexual harassment as she said he was one of the offenders and no one on the jury could believe it.

Of all of those Hogan picked the following - Bossman, Curtis, Dusty, Savage, Samoans, Von Erichs, Rude, Bushwhackers and Finkel.

There actually is a company vote for the WWE Hall of Fame. The vote thought is weighed by what Vince feels is that persons wrestling knowledge, which means that Vince's one vote is worth 51% of the over all total.

Raw on 1/8 drew a 3.65.

ECW on 1/9 drew 1.45 rating and 1.71 million viewers.

Smackdown on 1/12 drew a 2.6 rating.

Big Dave vs Undertaker at WM is almost definate.

There has been talk of Cena vs HBK but they don't want two face vs face matches on the show. Edge and Orton are the two leading candiates for the Cena match. They'd prefer Orton as they feel Edge/Cena has been done to death. There has also been talk of a three way with Edge, Orton and Cena.

Hogan has been asked about three possible matches. Hogan vs Khali; Hogan vs Umaga; Hogan managed by Trump vs Shane McMahon managed by Vince with Khali as the McMahon bodyguard to get the Hogan body slam on the giant pop.

As things stand right now Trump won't be able to be on Raw till after 3/12.

Show is yet to say yes or no to any involvment in Mania.

THe idea was raised of putting someone with Michaels a new DX member to get them over. HHH put a stop to it.

CM Punk now has heat for 'excessivly making out with Maria' when they were in Iraq, as well as what he usually has heat for.

Vince read the riot act to the Raw crew the Monday after New Years Revoltion. He was not happy with the PPV at all.

The 'Japanese' wrestler Sensai who's been working dark matches is believed to be Shantelle Taylor, a pretty woman wrestler from Ontario.

"See No Evil" is at $14.78 million on video gross.

Big Dave isn't popular with the boys backstage. They feel he's got no passion for the busniess and is just a body who can't work and who's still coasting on his HHH angle.

They're already going after WSX. Teddy Hart is being offered a deal, and there's interest in Matt Sydal and Ruckus.

Poor Punk. He can't even make out with his girl anymore without pissing off the boys in the back.

Also, Matt Sydal is a strange interest. I figured Cabana would be the obvious interest and Hart is hardly a surprise given that they already had him once and he does have the family name.

Reading this as I still wait for mine to arrive sometime this week, isn't the Maria thing what got Punk heat WrestleMania weekend?

I think they were making out in front of Linda to top it off.

The Ken Patera thing reminded me of seeing part of "The Ken Patera Story" on Primetime on 24/7. They showed a jail cell door being closed and promised more of the story to follow.

Vince read the riot act to the Raw crew the Monday after New Years Revoltion. He was not happy with the PPV at all.

Too bad he didn't send the bookers home like last time.

Matt Sydal is an odd choice, considering he has no personality and isn't a very good worker. Well, the latter means nothing, but the former seems like a deal breaker. Then again, what do I know?

There actually is a company vote for the WWE Hall of Fame. The vote thought is weighed by what Vince feels is that persons wrestling knowledge, which means that Vince's one vote is worth 51% of the over all total.
Ah Meltzer, your match ratings are so nutty but your banter is so entertaining.

Bob Backlund - He's turned it down before as he thinks it's a joke.

Hilarious. Bob Backlund is outstanding.

I think Punk would get heat for coughing too loudly at this point, he may as well have fun while his WWE stint lasts.

I'm pretty sure Punk would get told he isn't ready to cough in the WWE. The boys in the back just sound like the biggest bunch of whiners, but then I remember that they are constantly stuck with stupid angles and pointless loses and realized that they are probably just misplacing anger. Punk just happens to be the guy making out with his hot girlfriend while they are all stuck away from their families getting told they need to lose a match to Torrie's dog. I might start to hate the guy too.

Thanks for posting this, another great round of WWE news.

I think Punk would get heat for coughing too loudly at this point, he may as well have fun while his WWE stint lasts.

I'm pretty sure Punk would get told he isn't ready to cough in the WWE. The boys in the back just sound like the biggest bunch of whiners, but then I remember that they are constantly stuck with stupid angles and pointless loses and realized that they are probably just misplacing anger. Punk just happens to be the guy making out with his hot girlfriend while they are all stuck away from their families getting told they need to lose a match to Torrie's dog. I might start to hate the guy too.

Thanks for posting this, another great round of WWE news.

I don't think he's getting heat from the wrestlers. It's the Yes Men like Anderson and Finlay that are so bothered by him being a threat by getting so over so quick.

I'm as big a fan of CM Punk as the next guy, but I guess part of his appeal is that he is a rebel without a cause type/non-conformist, however the wwe is a political world so he's going to have to find a happy medium between playing the political game and being able to look himself in the mirror. And Vince is going to have to choose between burying him for the boys in the back and pushing him to make a lot of money together.

HBK and HHH weren't well liked politically back in the day, however they were untouchable(well HBK, and Deisel/Razor were) because they made so much damn money for Vince. Punk has to hope he keeps on selling merchandise and keeps popping the crowds - because that usually trumps petty politics.

Colt Cabana is probably hurt by the fact the is a FOP - Friend of Punk - at this time. I wonder if Ace Steel left that off his resume. I don't hate the guy, but I always found Colt overrated, he's okay in the ring, though I hate his comedy british stuff, and okay on the mic. from all that I've saw of his ROH stuff.

Teddy Hart is a cruiserweight who looks like his non-Hart Father(he mother was the Hart bloodline) and I really don't think he'd get over or last in the wwe. He seems to play the Pillman-esque loose cannon gimmick, which might not be a bad thing with Harry being a dead ringer for Bulldog likely the leader of any neo-Hart Foundation.

The wwe likely doesn't know who Matt Sydal is - they probably asked somebody who the best wrestlers WSX has and that somebody named Sydal, and Ruckus.

I like the idea of Shantelle taylor being the masked Sensei. I wonder if that name is a shot at whatever they are calling Low-Ki in TNA. Shantelle must be pretty flat chested though, certainly not your typical wwe diva. She must be rather boyish in figure as well around the hips and such unless the suit she is wearing is padded to change her body shape.

"excessively making out with Maria"

Considering all the stuff we read about that goes on backstage, I think they should be happy that, THAT is what CM Punk is doing with his free time.

In WWE you get futher by shitting on other peoples stuff than making out with your g/f......makes alot of sense eh?

The DX thing amused me, I pictured HHH sitting in his wheelchair in a meeting screaming that they can't replace him in DX and trying to stand up and falling back down. My god someone could actually take the great HHH's spot.......yea he doesn't care about protecting his spot anymore, uh huh sure.

Or sticking soap in other men's asses while in the shower.

Or reading comic books.

Yeah, I mean, at least he wasn't playing those damn video games.

Hahah one of those is allowed.

HBK and HHH weren't well liked politically back in the day, however they were untouchable(well HBK, and Deisel/Razor were) because they made so much damn money for Vince. Punk has to hope he keeps on selling merchandise and keeps popping the crowds - because that usually trumps petty politics.

They could also threaten to leave though, back in the glorious days of competition (competition that made a difference).

"excessively making out with Maria"

Considering all the stuff we read about that goes on backstage, I think they should be happy that, THAT is what CM Punk is doing with his free time.

This is a professional work environment. Employees should be expected to carry themselves with class, dignity and professionalism at all times.

Now pardon us while we finish writing the angle about a Donald Trumph and Rose O'Donnell impersonator who hump the corpse of a cheerleader and then get married to one of the diva's much older fathers, and then mock our audiences for not liking it.

THe idea was raised of putting someone with Michaels a new DX member to get them over. HHH put a stop to it.

LOL.

Thanks for posting these.

LOL.

Thanks for posting these.

Vince: Big H, I wanna put someone else in DX til you get better, then you can beat the shit of him when you get back. I was thinking Johnny Nitro. Cool?

HHH: DAD, remember the last time we put other people in DX?? Rick Rude. HE DIED. Chyna. SHE PROBABLY DIED. X-Pac - drug user. Road Dogg & Billy Gunn? Their making fun of you and your name. YOUR NAME.

Vince: Dammit, you're right. What shall we do?

HHH: Just build up Shawn to be as strong as two men. Then I'll beat the shit out of Nitro when I get back.

Vince: Why?

HHH: You said I could!