The line up for Against All Odds

Christian Cage vs Kurt Angle, with Samoa Joe as ringside enforcer

Sting vs Abyss

AJ Styles vs Rhine

Lance Hoyt w/ David Eckstein vs Dale Torborg w/ AJ Pierzynski

LAX vs Team 3D

James Storm & Miss Tennessee vs Petey Williams & Gail Kim

Chris Sabin vs Jerry Lynn

At taped two hour special will be shown on 2/12 when Raw in pre-empted. On 2/16 TNA will be getting a three hour block to go head to head with the first run airing of Raw between 8pm and 11pm.

CNN Headline News put AJ Pierzynski's chair shot on Hoyt on its regular rotation. It also recieved heavy press in Chicago.

Before the last PPV there was a disagreement with Nash and Backlund. Nash wanted to put one over on Backlund by talking about "gimmicks" (wrestler talk for getting high on somas or other forms of downers) and other drug references that he thought Backlund wouldn't get. Backlund though did get what he was talking about and threatened to leave unless Nash changed it.

Konnan spent nine days in the hospital after getting his hip replaced. Doctors have told him not to wrestle for at least six months, so obviously he's booked himself to work for AAA in three months time. His problem is his kidneys though. His mother has volunteered to be a donor and so far all the testing on her is going well. AAA is planning on doing a benefit show in February to help pay for it, and WWE has agreed to let Rey Mysterio appear. Konnan was told the damage to his kidneys was not consistant with what would be expected after heavy steroid use, but rather was due to heavy use of pain killers, anti-inflammatory drugs and a high protien diet.

Morale is down again. There is now a real divide between the star group (Nash, Sting, Angle, Christian, Jarrett) and the rest of the roster. The star group not only get more money but also have a seperate dressing room to the rest of the workers.

Brother Ray has a lot of heat over the last PPV match with LAX over eating up Homicide.

There is still talk of adding members to LAX. Konnan has been pushing hard for Senshi, but his attitude is such that TNA aren't sure about pushing him. The booking committee have suggested bringing Apolo and Machete back to the group.

Dutch Mantel, Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett have asked Mike Tenay to rejoin the booking committee. They have also asked Jim Cornette to join the committee and Cornette has agreed in principle but they haven't come to a deal over money yet. Even with Tenay and Cornette involved though Russo will still be in charge and will continue to have the greatest impact in the shows.

The Lockdown PPV will take place at the 10,000 capacity Family Arena is St Louis.

They want Lita to be the star of their woman's division.

Steiner is planned to be Christian's consultant.

Guest JohnFTW

The two hour special is a good idea, but they need to do big time advertising to get the Raw audience to watch it.

I figured morale was down considering who is getting pushed on Impact.

Scott Steiner as Christian's consultant makes no sense. What history does Steiner have with Angle??

Lita is a no-brainer to come to TNA. As for her being the top wrestler in the women's division, that's another story for another time. What's wrong with Gail Kim as the star?? I guess they want the bigger name to headline.

I figured Eric Angle was going to be the consultant. He could hate Kurt for becoming a big star while he couldn't cut it. That could be a month or so feud (or better yet, a side angle that runs for quite some time). It won't be Bret/Owen, but it could be entertaining, I bet.

Tomko's clue makes perfect sense now. He had dyed the sides of his goatee and wore glasses like Steiner.

There is still talk of adding members to LAX. Konnan has been pushing hard for Senshi, but his attitude is such that TNA aren't sure about pushing him. The booking committee have suggested bringing Apolo and Machete back to the group.

DUMB!!!! Not putting Shenshi with the group but putting Apolo and Machete back in the group after they were both kicked out? Whats the point!?

CNN Headline News put AJ Pierzynski's chair shot on Hoyt on its regular rotation. It also recieved heavy press in Chicago.

Sorry I'm out of the loop but what was special about it? Was it pretty vicious? If anybody can give me a vid link, that would be cool.

Thanks

Before the last PPV there was a disagreement with Nash and Backlund. Nash wanted to put one over on Backlund by talking about "gimmicks" (wrestler talk for getting high on somas or other forms of downers) and other drug references that he thought Backlund wouldn't get. Backlund though did get what he was talking about and threatened to leave unless Nash changed it.

Nash being his usual dickish self.

Morale is down again. There is now a real divide between the star group (Nash, Sting, Angle, Christian, Jarrett) and the rest of the roster. The star group not only get more money but also have a seperate dressing room to the rest of the workers.

One of the few things TNA had over WWE was a more unified locker room. Now, they're losing that.

Brother Ray has a lot of heat over the last PPV match with LAX over eating up Homicide.

I'm dying for Ray to pull this shit with Rick Steiner when they wrestle shortly. Of course, Ray won't, because Rick would fight back and I doubt Ray has the balls do try it against someone willing to dish it out.

If they have to add people, make it just one person or they risk watering things down, and make it Senshi.

Dutch Mantel, Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett have asked Mike Tenay to rejoin the booking committee. They have also asked Jim Cornette to join the committee and Cornette has agreed in principle but they haven't come to a deal over money yet. Even with Tenay and Cornette involved though Russo will still be in charge and will continue to have the greatest impact in the shows.

That TNA appears to be somewhat accepting of their booking shortfalls is enough to generate a small glimmer of hope that they might yet have some long-term hope.

Steiner is planned to be Christian's consultant.

On what? How to cycle?

How?

DDP_WWE.jpg

"Thats not a bad thing, it's a good thing!"

Remeber that story line?

But the person is supposed to be from ANGLE'S PAST... DDP/Steiner is not at all. I wish it could be D-Lo Brown (The FIRST Ever Euro-Continental Champion) or Chris Jericho, of course (but even they never had a big feud). All the guys that would make sense are either working for the WWE still, dead, or are retired (like Brock).

How?

DDP_WWE.jpg

Remeber that story line?

But the person is supposed to be from ANGLE'S PAST... DDP/Steiner is not at all. I wish it could be D-Lo Brown (The FIRST Ever Euro-Continental Champion) or Chris Jericho, of course (but even they never had a big feud). All the guys that would make sense are either working for the WWE still, dead, or are retired (like Brock).

Puder would make sense given his history with Angle but other then that, yeah, not much to work with.

How?

DDP_WWE.jpg

Remeber that story line?

Say, isn't the recently fired Sylvester Terkay from Angle's past during their amateur years?

Oh right, i thought it was someone from Cage's past. I miss impact quite a bit and only really get to read the spoilers, which i skim read at best.

I still say Eric Angle would make the most sense, and you could have him in more of a managerial role trying to bring Angle down, then have them finally wrestle in a blowoff match. I'm sure they could mat wrestle for a bit and Kurt would have plenty of time to practice the match with him.

Remember, Christian said "closer than you think." We are supposed to believe it is Joe, but it could have a double meaning.

I bet it's one of Angle's first tag team partners in the WWF. You could call him a "Lethal Weapon"

Steve_blackman.jpg

Steve Blackman=buyrates

I would buy anything featuring Steve Blackman.

I was thinking Eric Angle....but then I figured it might be over enough with the crowd. I mean usually when you build something, "slowly" and correctly, the payoff needs to be good, and I dunno how much of a payoff Eric Angle would be, even though he does fit the profile.

Oh and the whole divide of the roster because of the "Star Group" well fuck all of them. Nash is just being Nash, and being how he was treated as one-part god in the 90's, I am sure he doesn't like being "just another guy" now, but for Angle and Jarrett, those fuckers should know how that type of bullshit splits and tears down the locker-room and makes way for political bullshit.

Good for Christian.

why would Nash need a dressing room? give him a webcam and he can film his stupid segments at home and wire him his thousands of dollars he makes for generating no fan interest.