TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

Note: More details on the promos and backstage segments will be added later tonight.

*Mike Tenay and NWA champion Christian Cage did a pre-taped segment for the 2/12 primetime special where Cage claimed to hold the top two moments in TNA history. They ended up being the announcement of TNA going primetime and Kurt Angle's debut.

Impact:

*Impact opened with X-Division champion Chris Sabin being interviewed in the back by Jeremy Borash. Sabin ripped on Jerry Lynn's age. Bob Backlund was behind them.

*Austin Starr defeated Jerry Lynn, Alex Shelley, and Sonjay Dutt in a Four Way match. Sabin helps Starr win the match. Lynn is attacked by the heels. Senshi makes the save.

*Christian Cage and Tyson Tomko do a promo backstage. Tomko is wearing a "pump" T-shirt.

*Samoa Joe does a promo but is interrupted by Cage.

*Bobby Roode pinned Petey Williams. James Storm interfered. Eric Young comes out and defends Traci Brooks against Roode.

*Jim Cornette announces that Christy Hemme will get to have a match at Against All Odds.

*Brother Devon cuts a promo saying LAX will pay for what they did.

*AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe is ruled a no contest after Rhino attacks Styles from behind. Joe refuses to leave after the match. Kurt Angle comes out to confront him and they brawl. Christian Cage arrives and hits Angle with a chair. Joe goes after Cage and they brawl. AJ assists Cage.

Impact

*The show starts with background on the Sting vs. Abyss Prison Yard Brawl. Jim Mitchell is in the ring and says Sting has opened a Pandora's Box. He says that the rules of the brawl are that anything goes until one man locks the other inside a cage.. Sting appears in the rafters wearing an Abyss mask. Sting comes out and discusses the match. Abyss and Sting brawl.

*Abyss defeated Chase Stevens. Shane Douglas comes out and confronts Stevens but is attacked by Abyss as well. Sting appears on the video screen accepting the challenge.

*Team 3D cut a promo challenging LAX to a "Little Italy Brawl". Konnan comes out and accepts. LAX and Team 3D brawl.

* James Storm & Chris Sabin & Austin Starr defeated Jerry Lynn & Rhino & Senshi when Starr pinned Senshi.

*Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe (now coming out of the babyface locker room) defeated Christian Cage & AJ Styles. A masked man attacks Angle and Joe, revealing himself to be....Christian's advisor, Scott Steiner.

Xplosion:

*Bobby Roode defeated Chase Stevens. Shane Douglas came out and brawled with Stevens.

*Petey Williams pinned Andy Douglas.

*The Riggs Brothers defeated the debuting Heart Throbs (formerly Heart Breakers in WWE).

From PWInsider

Last xplosion/dark match is very interesting as it points to Cornette getting some booking power with two former OVW teams (Riggs Brothers and the Heartbreakers). I liked what I saw of the Riggs Brothers a lot and was surprised they got released. You know my opinions already on WWE blowing it with the Heartbreakers.

*Mike Tenay and NWA champion Christian Cage did a pre-taped segment for the 2/12 primetime special where Cage claimed to hold the top two moments in TNA history. They ended up being the announcement of TNA going primetime and Kurt Angle's debut.

I don't understand. This is the secret?

Little Italy Brawl? Why is LAX and Team 3D have a little italy Brawl? Who the fuck is from Italy? I'm so fucking confused!

Note: More details on the promos and backstage segments will be added later tonight.

Impact:

*Impact opened with X-Division champion Chris Sabin being interviewed in the back by Jeremy Borash. Sabin ripped on Jerry Lynn's age. Bob Backlund was behind them.

*Austin Starr defeated Jerry Lynn, Alex Shelley, and Sonjay Dutt in a Four Way match. Sabin helps Starr win the match. Lynn is attacked by the heels. Senshi makes the save.

*Christian Cage and Tyson Tomko do a promo backstage. Tomko is wearing a "pump" T-shirt.

*Samoa Joe does a promo but is interrupted by Cage.

*Bobby Roode pinned Petey Williams. James Storm interfered. Eric Young comes out and defends Traci Brooks against Roode.

*Jim Cornette announces that Christy Hemme will get to have a match at Against All Odds.

*Brother Devon cuts a promo saying LAX will pay for what they did.

*AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe is ruled a no contest after Rhino attacks Styles from behind. Joe refuses to leave after the match. Kurt Angle comes out to confront him and they brawl. Christian Cage arrives and hits Angle with a chair. Joe goes after Cage and they brawl. AJ assists Cage.

Impact

*The show starts with background on the Sting vs. Abyss Prison Yard Brawl. Jim Mitchell is in the ring and says Sting has opened a Pandora's Box. He says that the rules of the brawl are that anything goes until one man locks the other inside a cage.. Sting appears in the rafters wearing an Abyss mask. Sting comes out and discusses the match. Abyss and Sting brawl.

*Abyss defeated Chase Stevens. Shane Douglas comes out and confronts Stevens but is attacked by Abyss as well. Sting appears on the video screen accepting the challenge.

*Team 3D cut a promo challenging LAX to a "Little Italy Brawl". Konnan comes out and accepts. LAX and Team 3D brawl.

* James Storm & Chris Sabin & Austin Starr defeated Jerry Lynn & Rhino & Senshi when Starr pinned Senshi.

*Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe (now coming out of the babyface locker room) defeated Christian Cage & AJ Styles. A masked man attacks Angle and Joe, revealing himself to be....Christian's advisor, Scott Steiner.

Xplosion:

*Bobby Roode defeated Chase Stevens. Shane Douglas came out and brawled with Stevens.

*Petey Williams pinned Andy Douglas.

*The Riggs Brothers defeated the debuting Heart Throbs (formerly Heart Breakers in WWE).

From PWInsider

That's way too much happening. And now they're mixing Steiner into the picture, as well as Joe / Angle teaming up.

Why is revealing Steiner as the advisor on TV a bad thing?

The little Italy fight thing sounds dumb, but the Sting/Abyss match sounds like it could be ok.

Correct me if im wrong, but weren't they called the Heart Throbs in WWE because they thought that Heart Breakers was too close to Heart Break Kid?

And look, Andy Douglas is still there!

This doesn't sound as dumb as the last spoilers, but still too average.

Little Italy Brawl? Why is LAX and Team 3D have a little italy Brawl? Who the fuck is from Italy? I'm so fucking confused!

Brother Guido, Brother Mamamaluke, Brother Johnny, Brother Palumbo!

It's generally a good idea to get people to pay to see the payoff to a tease, especially one that revolves around the main event of your next PPV, rather than give it to them for free.

It's generally a good idea to get people to pay to see the payoff to a tease, especially one that revolves around the main event of your next PPV, rather than give it to them for free.

I'd agree if they hadn't made it so damn obvious it was going to be Steiner. If they had done what they have been doing with the balantly obvious Steiner tease and then revealed it to be like Chris Jericho, then I'd say they were complete morons.

This way, it may not be so bad since people already know Steiner is nuts and it was just becoming WAY too obvious it was Steiner. The surprise factor was already gone. It's slightly stupid but not the usual blow of the load stupid they have been doing.

It's Russo. Steiner will reveal that Angle went into the US Olympics team over Steiner and he resents Angle for it.

That makes waaaaaay too much sense for Russo. It'll be something like Angle banged Steiner's wife years ago, or some dumb RUSSO SHOOT with Steiner claiming he was Angle's supplier.

I'd agree if they hadn't made it so damn obvious it was going to be Steiner. If they had done what they have been doing with the balantly obvious Steiner tease and then revealed it to be like Chris Jericho, then I'd say they were complete morons.

This way, it may not be so bad since people already know Steiner is nuts and it was just becoming WAY too obvious it was Steiner. The surprise factor was already gone. It's slightly stupid but not the usual blow of the load stupid they have been doing.

While I could agree, I do have to point out that even though there wasn't much of an element of surprise in the revelation, they could have still milked it for some few stupid marks who couldn't figure it out's money.

While I could agree, I do have to point out that even though there wasn't much of an element of surprise in the revelation, they could have still milked it for some few stupid marks who couldn't figure it out's money.

That's why I called it slightly stupid. They obviously played the hand a little too early but it's not like it was a great hand they were playing with there. If they had done a better job of teasing it, then yeah this would have been seriously stupid.

There is my compliant. How poorly they teased it. I guess they want to make IMPACT feel important on occasion as well. Which I don't consider to be a horrible plan.

If they had held off revealing Steiner until the PPV, anyone who bought the PPV to see the surprise would have not been disappointed, because Steiner is a big enough name that he still means something. That alone would have gone a little way towards creating some goodwill, because it would have been a teased payoff that was worth paying for, and it might have made those people more willing to pay money the next time a big surprise is teased for a PPV.

But surely, now people know its Steiner, they'll buy the PPV to see what part he plays in the match?

And TNA need these sorts of surprises on Imapct to bring the ratings in, I know that ratings dont bring the money in, but when you think about it, highter ratings = people know about the product = people will buy the PPV's.

As Goldie Lookin Chain tell us, "Its fuckin simple ecanomics innit!"

But surely, now people know its Steiner, they'll buy the PPV to see what part he plays in the match?

People already knew what part the advisor was going to play in the match. He's going to be at ringside and interfere. They just didn't know, for sure, who it was going to be. By holding off revealing who it was until the PPV, they would have made people have to PAY to see who the mystery man was. By concluding the tease on FREE TV, people don't have to pay to see who the mystery man is. The lure in PAYING to see the PPV was never in what the advisor was going to do, but in who the advisor was, but that's now out the window.

And TNA need these sorts of surprises on Imapct to bring the ratings in, I know that ratings dont bring the money in, but when you think about it, highter ratings = people know about the product = people will buy the PPV's.

A surprise is nice, but the idea behind teasing one on free tv is to get people to PAY to see the payoff. The people are already drawn in by the ongoing tease of what the surprise is. Good business says to make money off of that tease by making people PAY to see the payoff, and not give it away for free. If TNA keeps giving away the surprises and payoffs on free TV, it might raise ratings .1 or .2, but what incentive does it give people to buy the PPV when all the teases are concluded for free?

As Goldie Lookin Chain tell us, "Its fuckin simple ecanomics innit!"

Don't believe the hype from whinging pom chaves! Isn't Steiner like 10 years older than Kurt how the hell can he be the super secret surprise from Kurt Angle's past?

......THAT DOESN'T HELP!

......THAT DOESN'T HELP!

Is the PPV going to be on the road or in Orlando? Maybe they are going to fight at the Disney Epcot Center or something!

Isn't Steiner like 10 years older than Kurt how the hell can he be the super secret surprise from Kurt Angle's past?
Oh im not saying that makes sense, Steiner to me isn't a very good choice.

A surprise is nice, but the idea behind teasing one on free tv is to get people to PAY to see the payoff. The people are already drawn in by the ongoing tease of what the surprise is. Good business says to make money off of that tease by making people PAY to see the payoff, and not give it away for free. If TNA keeps giving away the surprises and payoffs on free TV, it might raise ratings .1 or .2, but what incentive does it give people to buy the PPV when all the teases are concluded for free?

I understand and i do agree with you on some level, im just saying that revealing the secret isn't that bad.

I'm guessing the "Little Italy" thing comes up due to them attacking Ray's (notice it's not Ray, D-Von and Runt's uncle, just Ray's) uncle, which means they're using this as a whole shoot angle where we're supposed to look at Brother Ray as Mark LaMonica, not his character.

Pictures of the taping:

Impact pictures

And here's a newsbit from Bryan Alvarez:

25% of the crowd left after the first show was taped, then another 25% left during the second taping, so by the end half the crowd was there. They had to stop to move people opposite the hard camera.