TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

My remote is getting a good workout tonight. My satellite offers nine different CBC's, and I've been back and forth between all three Eastern Canadian teams. Huge game in Montreal against the Islanders.

Edit: Disregard the Hab thing, it's not on my tv. I'm sure none of you were that worried about it, but tv bragging can easily turn into a dick-measuring contest.

Double edit: Fuck! Afternoon game, I forgot all about it. 3-2 loss. Both with 70 points.

What looked like a laugher turned into a nailbiter, but the Sens picked up the two points against Buffalo with a 6-5 win. With Pittsburgh pretty much guaranteed two against the Flyers tomorrow, those were two huge points for Ottawa in the battle with the Pens for fourth in the East.

After seeing Buffalo the last two games, I see no reason why they shouldn't win the East once everyone is healthy.

EDIT: The Penguins are playing Philly next week, not this week.

Rob Blake is reported to have waived his no trade clause.

Scott Morrison said on Satellite Hotstove yesterday that this turned out to be not true.

After mulling his options for a bit, Tkachuk has agreed to waive his no-trade clause, and looks like he's headed to the Thrashers as well.

My remote is getting a good workout tonight. My satellite offers nine different CBC's, and I've been back and forth between all three Eastern Canadian teams. Huge game in Montreal against the Islanders.

Edit: Disregard the Hab thing, it's not on my tv. I'm sure none of you were that worried about it, but tv bragging can easily turn into a dick-measuring contest.

Double edit: Fuck! Afternoon game, I forgot all about it. 3-2 loss. Both with 70 points.

i can't remember the last time they won in the afternoon

If St. Louis can get 1st/2nd/3rd/Metropolit for Tkachuk, Chiarelli had better get Murray out there. I can only imagine what a legit 40 goal scorer can get.

Rivet is out of Montreal:

The Montreal Canadiens traded defenceman Craig Rivet and a future fifth-round pick to the San Jose Sharks for defenceman Josh Gorges and a first-round pick in this year's draft. Rivet, who was slated to become a free agent this summer, is a 12-year veteran and has played 692 games in a Canadiens uniform. Gorges, 22, is currently playing in his second season. He has a goal and three assists in 47 games this season.

I hope Norstrom gets dealt, the way these 1st round picks are being thrown around. With him being signed for next year, we could probably get 2 and a prospect.

I don't understand these firsts being thrown around like they're nothing. I've heard this is going to be a weak draft, but still. A rental player for a first rounder?

And a 1st or both 2nds from this year.

This market is fucking insane. The sellers are the ones doing the buying. Makes me glad the Kings have so many veterans out there to trade, and CBC confirmed it last night when they said the Kings are getting blown up.

Zednik to the Isles for a 2nd, and Smolinski to the Nucks for Jason King and a 2nd (not sure if it's their's or ours). Caps acquired a 6th and some AHL trash from the Sens for more AHL trash.

I'll be doing the same thing that I did last year when I posted all the trades, so nothing slips between the cracks.

Gary Roberts wants to go to either Ottawa or Toronto, but Florida has a deal for him with Pittsburgh.

Roberts in Ottawa would be weird to see.

Guest Queen Leelee

Obligatory Roberts is 50 years old comment. But, really, I shouldn't still be seeing stars from NHLPA '93.

Fuck y'all, Ruff was right to send out the goons. While Neil's hit was legal, he obviously veered into Drury and wanted to knock him out. The Sabres needed that teamwork boost, and they needed to prove they were a team of weaklings. It will help them in the long run.

I hope the Sabres trade Biron. Get anything useful for him at this point.

It's kinda weird that no goalies have been sent out yet. That said, I think CuJo, Belfour, Garon and Biron could all be gone by the deadline tomorrow.

Guest Queen Leelee

I think it's because the demand is lower than usual. Most of the playoff teams are set at goalie. And the West has their 8 playoff teams pretty much clinched already.

We traded shit Sopel to Vancouver for a 2nd and 4th.

Lolz.

Also, Kyle Calder is going from Philadelphia to Detroit via Chicago. Kukkonen from Chicago to Philly, Jason Williams from Detroit to Chicago.

The only way they could possibly get rid of Samsonov is by sending him to Hamilton and hoping he goes to the RSL.

You better watch.

vslogowholefc2.png

Have you been watching the Ducks-Sharks games this season? I know I haven't. But tonight is different. Tonight they play live all across the 500 households that carry Versus, formerly The Outdoor Life Network. Tonight, the only two California hockey teams will show everyone how we do things downtown. On the westside. The west coast. West.

You will get to see two teams, tired from playing recent back-to-back games, exhausted from a season that never seems to end, spent from building losing records so far in this month, and I don't want to get a thesaurus, but I'm sure there are more synonyms for "tired" I could use. Oh, fatigued. They're fatigued, too. The Ducks have tended to score a lot of goals in the games they've defeated the Sharks. San Jose only outscored them by a total of two in their two victories. I don't know if that's significant, but it's a stat, and stats are always very impressive.

This game starts at ten if you live on the east coast. Pull a Kornheiser and put this game on, even if you're too tired to watch it. What better lullaby to put you to sleep than a game like this? I mean, it won't be boring, that's not what will put you to sleep. I just mean you'll probably be tired, that's all. So you'll naturally fall asleep, not because of the game. The game will be good. Sleep is also good. Someone asked me today how much sleep I get each night. I said about 8 hours, which is really the minimum amount that you should get. I'm a growing boy, and I need my rest. But I also need this California hockey.

Enjoy, and sleep well.

The only way they could possibly get rid of Samsonov is by sending him to Hamilton and hoping he goes to the RSL.

You know the only reason why I do not like Samsonov and Niinamma is because of their salary.

Also, Kyle Calder is going from Philadelphia to Detroit via Chicago. Kukkonen from Chicago to Philly, Jason Williams from Detroit to Chicago.

Don't know how I feel about this. I liked Williams quite a bit but he was underachieving this year. The same can be said for Calder (underachieving that is) but he could regain form on a new team. Time will tell I guess.

About the Rivet trade: I'm just surprised that Montreal got a first rounder in it as well. I'm just wondering what Montreal would get for getting rid of Souray.

About the Rivet trade: I'm just surprised that Montreal got a first rounder in it as well. I'm just wondering what Montreal would get for getting rid of Souray.

Souray getting the game winner tonight should prevent him from going anywhere. Wasn't that the idea of trading Rivet, to clear up some salary?

So who needs a goalie and is still making the playoffs/a playoff run?.....The only team I can only think of would be maybe Pittsburgh or Atlanta; both have bonafide NHL stars on the horizon in net, but have little to no playoff experience.....Boston's sort of on the cusp, but that loss tonight was huge, and Montreal has guys who can at least fill the gap till Huet comes back....maybe a back up for Luongo in Vancouver, but, Biron is the only guy in the forthcoming list who would settle for being a back-up, and he's been a starter before.

Biron, Joseph, Nabokov/Toskala, and Bryzagalov....I have trouble seeing all of them going.