TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Carbonated drinks.

It should be "God as my witness", since you're the one usually pointing out such things.

I've put pepper in Dr. Pepper.

You know what I haven't had in a long time? A good old fashioned suicide. Think I'll do that next time I'm at a soda fountain.

I dropped a suicide the other day when I went into Burger King. I miss the soda fountain at the gas station near my high school, it was 90 seconds off campus and you could get a 64 oz for like 79 cents and they had 5 (FIVE) machines with 8 flavors each and the only repeats being doubled up on the regular and diet Coke and Pepsi respectively. Made a nice suicide.

Sierra Mist Undercover = bleh

Agreed. Tastes kind of like flat lemon-lime soda that you take a sip of with citrus-y gum in your mouth. I was hoping to be wowed and ended up leaving it out to go flat and dumping it.

Nah... Mountain Dew is just another umbrella now. There's enough of them that they aren't mods anymore, it's a whole new brand identity.

And I've liked all of them so far, besides Game Fuel, so this is good news.

Tasting like Pepsi Blue: fuck yeah. I was one of the few people who loved that stuff. Jolt Blue tastes just like it too, but I imagine this Dew will be more widely available.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know if this makes me ghetto or what, but I've succumbed to the idea that Shasta makes the best cola out there now. Particularly since I'm a big fan of diet drinks (yeah there are health risks involved, but nowhere near as bad as drinking the loads of high fructose corn venom and junk in the other drinks) and they use sucralose instead of aspartame and well- Diet Shasta is the best diet drink out there. I haven't had regular Shasta in a long time either, but I bet it's pretty awesome as well. And, at $2 for a 12-pack box at Winco (another recent discovery of mine here in the Pacific NW) it's REALLY worth the price, especially when the big guys like Coke charge nearly twice as much for the same thing.

I'm definitely not a fan of Pepsi. I don't know if I mentioned it before either, but I've come around on iced tea and pretty much drink that now instead of soda since it's healthier for you and your teeth, and you get basically the same amount of caffeine anyways.

I don't remember trying it, but I do have an old-ass, unopened bottle collecting dust in my basement.

Didn't taste any different. Until they added citrus to it. That's what killed it.

I was actually woken up from a nap the first time I heard about Crystal Pepsi, then fell back asleep. I thought I dreamed it.

I saw some kids bitching one time because their mom had gotten them regular Pepsi and they wanted Crystal. And this was in cans. Genius gimmick... short shelf life.

Sell that bottle, by the way. People actually do pay surprising amounts of money for discontinued sodas.

Guest Epic Narcissism

I've been enjoying Coca-Cola Zero. Pretty good stuff. Fuck HFCS.

When Crystal Pepsi came out, we somehow acquired one of those big cylindrical coolers they have at festivals and stuff (I think that's where we got it, at Arl. Hts. Frontier Days), and for a year or so, we had a big Crystal Pepsi cooler in our garage. Inexplicably, this was thrown away as common garbage not unlike a cardboard box. I can't believe it. Horrible decision.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Indeed. I try, fairly hard, not to consume corn syrup.

I stole some Virgil's Cream Soda from a case at work the other night. A swell drink, even just barely below room temperature. Apparently they use only unrefined cane sugar as a sweetener.

Guest Epic Narcissism

I blame a lot of HFCS and ethanol on Dick Durbin. I feel this is adequately reasonable.

I love cream soda, especially the orange cream soda that IBC makes (I think it's them), when I can find it.

Voltage - Raspberry Citrus

Revolution - Wild Berry

SuperNova - Strawberry Melon.

imageoverviewdefaultbotnf4.jpg

I think I'll be most interested in the Voltage.

I bought and tried all 3 at the same time. Two of them (I don't remember which, though) tasted pretty similar. The other one was the best of the three, though they're all good.

Voltage - Raspberry Citrus

Revolution - Wild Berry

SuperNova - Strawberry Melon.

imageoverviewdefaultbotnf4.jpg

I think I'll be most interested in the Voltage.

I bought and tried all 3 at the same time. Two of them (I don't remember which, though) tasted pretty similar. The other one was the best of the three, though they're all good.

I'd imagine the Rasp and Wild Berry prolly tasted the same and the Melon separated the Strawberry out.

I'm tempted to buy the Strawberry Melon, but I stand by my statement that they need to stop fucking with Mountain Dew.

Guest Vitamin X
Indeed. I try, fairly hard, not to consume corn syrup.

I stole some Virgil's Cream Soda from a case at work the other night. A swell drink, even just barely below room temperature. Apparently they use only unrefined cane sugar as a sweetener.

Ever had Boylan's?

6-pack-2-300.jpg

This shit is delicious. Their black cherry is incredible.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Never even heard of it. Not sure it's distributed out here.

Jones soda is still the shit. Pure can sugar, muthafuckas!

I have a can of MD Revolution in my fridge. I haven't tried it yet. I have consumed maybe 10 cans' worth of non-diet soda in the past 4 years. I rarely even drink diet these days.

Boylan's is fantastic. There's a small chain called Chopt in DC (and New York, I think), which is essentially a fancy-shmancy salad place. The food's fine, but I really go for the Boylan's fountain sodas. All you can drink in blissful varieties.

Tried that purple Mountain Dew last night. Better than the Revolution one, but that's not saying much.

I'll try the Voltage one and probably just stick with my cola drinks after that.

I don't know if this makes me ghetto or what, but I've succumbed to the idea that Shasta makes the best cola out there now. Particularly since I'm a big fan of diet drinks (yeah there are health risks involved, but nowhere near as bad as drinking the loads of high fructose corn venom and junk in the other drinks) and they use sucralose instead of aspartame and well- Diet Shasta is the best diet drink out there. I haven't had regular Shasta in a long time either, but I bet it's pretty awesome as well. And, at $2 for a 12-pack box at Winco (another recent discovery of mine here in the Pacific NW) it's REALLY worth the price, especially when the big guys like Coke charge nearly twice as much for the same thing.

I'm definitely not a fan of Pepsi. I don't know if I mentioned it before either, but I've come around on iced tea and pretty much drink that now instead of soda since it's healthier for you and your teeth, and you get basically the same amount of caffeine anyways.

You never went to Winco in California? That's where all my grocery shopping gets done. Low prices and open 24 hours? Fuck yeah.

On the rare occasion that I drink liquor, I will buy a 2 liter of Shasta. It's about 57 cents and makes an excellent chaser for brown rum.

I had the Raspberry Citrus MD the other day. It wasn't very good. I can't imagine the other two flavors being better.

I only drink diet soda now but the weird thing is I think Diet COLA tastes gross, but diet anything else, such as Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and especially Root Beer still taste great to me, it is just plain old cola itself in which I feel the diet-ness of it gives it a funny taste.

I had the Raspberry Citrus MD the other day. It wasn't very good. I can't imagine the other two flavors being better.

I had that and the Wild Berry. I was right, they taste almost identical. There wasn't a Strawberry Melon from the damaged case so I didn't get to try that one.

If you haven't tried it, it tastes like a Starburst. Which isn't as good as it sounds.

I only drink diet soda now but the weird thing is I think Diet COLA tastes gross, but diet anything else, such as Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and especially Root Beer still taste great to me, it is just plain old cola itself in which I feel the diet-ness of it gives it a funny taste.

Try Coke Zero or Pepsi One, depending on your preferred cola. Both are diet, yet taste remarkably similar to their standard brethren.